Motion Design

RAZAUNO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest diggity

Guest diggity

are either of you using 3d or just after effects? if so what application?

im torn between C4D and Maya.

C4D is just so much easier to use.

ahh actually my friend did hip me to this mograph board but i totally forgot about it...i heard it's a good spot to find work for motion designers...i'm not quite there yet, but hopefully i'll make the transition from web to motion within the next year or so...

i haven't been able to "evaluate" a good version of Cinema4d...from what i know it's a bit easier for simple stuff...

Maya's a beast...i installed it but i haven't really had time to sit down and figure any of it out...3d applications for some reason, are really hard for me to grasp...i wish they'd just come out with an osX version of 3d studio max...

i was using lightwave for a bit...bought a crazy book on it but totally lost the drive to sit there and go through tutorials...

Guest diggity

i've got books on both, its hard to find a decent book on any of them cause 3d aps have so much on character animation.

Cinema is a pain in the ass to get a working version, maya is way easier to "work around" registration problems.

I found cinema to be really simular to 3dmax, although im sure max is more high end but for most applications you dont need all that shit.

PM me if you need "assistance" on the cinema problem, maybe we can work out something together. It's AE import is SO NICE.

Originally posted by diggity@Oct 12 2004, 10:23 PM

Cinema is a pain in the ass to get a working version

this is so true; i have cinema 4d and the serial number is no longer valid...

just when i was getting into it too. i get so unmotivated easily, it's so easy

to forget what you've learned if you're not playing with the program everyday.

maya is intimidating. i'm sure i will learn it eventually.

Guest diggity

thats exactly how i feel. when cinema expires, delete the .plist file for it and use the same serials again, sucks cause you gotta do it every 3 months but better than the alternative.

heres a link to some After effects scripts and expressions

http://www.aenhancers.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kidlugz

just wondering if any of you guys could tell me what the industry standard is for dvd authoring software(if not the standard, what in your opinion is good authoring software)?

Guest kidlugz

hey diggity

I'm interested at trying my hand at motion graphics. I have a background in print design and am already well-versed in pshop, illustrator, indesign, and a bit of flash. what would you recommend a newbie like myself start with at the beginning?

i'm not so interested in 3d modelling as i am in doing credits and the like. any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I've messed with 3dsmax, Cinema4d, lightwave, and Maya. Maya is cool but really expensive and hard to learn, C4D is cheap powerfull and has good stock rendering, Lightwave feels old its a good program but I dont like the layout much, 3dsmax now comes with MentalRay has a good layout, good animation controls and is easy to pick up on. So thats my main app

• 3 weeks later...

Archived