Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MOTHER'S DAY

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by aislyn, May 8, 2003.

1. aislyn

aislyn New Jack

soooooooooo, its mother's day on sunday. doin anything special for your mom?

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

haha, not blutty loikly

3. All these 'someone's days' are fuckin wack....its just an invention to overcome the rest 364 apathy days.

4. beardo

beardo Guest

FUCK I FORGOT TO MAIL A CARD!!

5. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

sent a bouquet of japanese irises and lilies to her work, since i'm too far away to visit her. i'll probably go to my boyfriend's mom's house and bring her flowers too, and just hang out.

i don't care that it's commercialized, why not indulge moms!

6. ~i~hear~voices~

~i~hear~voices~ New Jack

i think these apprecation days for people are stupid.. why is it that one day out of the year we're suppose to honor that person is it because the person coming up with this bullshit figured we treat our moms bad 364 days out of the year and that she should get one day to herself or what??? honor your moms everyday...anti-mothers days to the fullest

:krunk:

7. beardo

beardo Guest

kill yourselves. one day out of the year wont kill you. damn 'anti-everything' teenagers..

8. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

^^

i agree with beardo.

it's not that we treat mom's bad every other day it's just that i can't get her flowers everyday. do you think your birthday is stupid because people should treat you like it's your birthday everyday.

jeez mom's deserve a lot more, don't begrudge her her own day.

9. tsk tsk tsk...fuckin 'pro-everything' adults.....

10. Ken Barlow

Ken Barlow Member

The standard flowers across the Atlantic dealy. I should really come up with some new ideas.....

11. ~i~hear~voices~

~i~hear~voices~ New Jack

yes i do think my birthday is stupid...mainly its just another day to me...big wow i get gifts and i get older...please excuse me while i attempt a backflip:nope: and the point of me posting that was why does it take one day out of the year to do something special for the moms? shouldnt it be something everyday..doesnt mean you have to buy her shit... wow one day designated to giving flowers and mushy shit...:scowl:

:krunk:

12. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i once tried to blow it off, because i was always doing nice things, errands, favors for her etc, and also because at the time i was really flat broke and she knew it

she still got pissed.

bottom line, she adores being adored.

this year, i can't visit since the car got fucked, so i had a nice bouquet sent

13. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

another good idea though, you can have dinners delivered too...like lobster, clam chowder, etc

mainelobsterdirect.com i think is one place

i was trying to splurge for her at tiffany's..but damn! that shit is really expensive

14. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

[email protected]#$%

i agree, i wanna spoil my mom, like she did for me. especially since i'm in the doghouse cuz i forgot her birthday. bad bad me.

i hooked her up with some nice gems for x-mas though.

you should try ebay for tiffany.

i don't care what anyone says, how can it be bad.

if i was a mom, i'd be sad if my kid thought this was too stupid an event to do something nice.

15. Ube, seriously...it CANT be wrong in any way...on the contrary whatever you'd like to do for your mom is perfectly alright...if you're like that all year long its a great thing..if you're like that only that day, its better than not being like that at all...I diss those days cause i dont think that stuff like that build relationships...if you already have a good one and you give it a little boost on mothers day fine.

Its like birthdays..i have ex's and friends that dont call all year long to say whats up and suddenly once a year they'll do it cause its my bday...i enjoy it at the moment and its 100 times better than not calling at all...but we dont get more close by that.

Anyway, i hope you get what i'm saying...another thing that plays a big role is that in europe these days arent so popular as i see they are in the states, parents dont expect stuff that time of the year...And to display the biggest card here, its a commercial trick, it may work fine for everyone but you know it and i know it.