mother of 3 killed by ice chunk thrown from highway overpass

!@#$%

...depressing indeed

fucking senseless death

the coroner ruled it a homicide

PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A chunk of ice tossed from a highway overpass killed a woman returning from a ski trip with her husband and three children, police said.

The victim, Elaine C. Cowell, 33, of Mohrsville, who was in the front passenger seat, died Friday evening of blunt force trauma to the chest, officials said. One of the children, who were ages 5, 8 and 10, suffered minor injuries.

"What was supposed to be a fun day turned out ... to be a tragedy," state police Lt. Edward Koren said Sunday.

The ice chunk that struck Cowell weighed 15 to 20 pounds, police estimated. The county coroner has ruled her death a homicide.

"We looked to make sure that something couldn't have fallen," Koren said. "We feel confident that that chunk of ice was thrown."

Police have investigated at least two similar incidents since Christmas in which snow or ice was reportedly thrown from the same state highway overpass in Whitehall Township, about 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia. In one case, the ice damaged a vehicle but no one was injured, Koren said.

The victim's husband, William Cowell, managed to drive about a half-mile to the Lehigh Valley Mall for help, police said.

"I don't know how he was able to maintain control. You had the complicating factor of the roads getting icy (from new snowfall)," Koren said.

Elaine Cowell was pronounced dead on arrival at Lehigh Valley Hospital Center.

A message left at the Cowell residence was not immediately returned Sunday.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

But on a serious note, it's ridiculous how some kids fucking around for kicks can cause so much shit... if they haven't confessed already, they will soon. That weight is too much to bear.

Guest ikueism

me and my boys used to throw rocks from rooftops but we stoped because we made a lady drive into a tree onetime and it wasnt pretty but w/e i grew up.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i also used to throw shit like rocks, sodas, tree branches off highway passes when i was a rowdy little kid..shit i'l still do that i didnt kno that could kill anyone though

Re: Re: mother of 3 killed by ice chunk thrown from highway overpass

Originally posted by nomadawhat

fucking assholes reporters, have some fucking respect.

Guest 87centHitMan

If people want to go and fuck shit up, they should go bombing. But being little bitches and doing shit like that? Just so you could watch some ice smash a car...

Who among us didn't throw pudding or oranges at passing vehicles? But there's a differnce between that and a chunk of ice.

I remember a similar incident happened here, only with a pumpkin after halloween. Some people just don't think before they do things.....

:o

Archived