Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

more or less people going over!

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by bigdork, Dec 16, 2001.

1. bigdork

bigdork Guest

Has everyone been noticing more or less people going over numbers,limits,and black boxes this past year? Ive noticed more and it worries me, with the popularity of fr8s, I think alot of kids and even older writers who didnt paint many fr8s before are getting into it without respect for this basic rule. All they want is there flix and they could care less about getting stamped or the longevity of being able to paint steel. I hope Im wrong and others notice to the contrary. Respect to the individuals and crews out there who just take the extra step to start your piece a few more inches to the right.

2. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

I have to agree. This can't be stressed enough. Stay off the damned numbers. At least keep your own piece from getting stamped even if you don't give a shit about keeping the scene chill in general.

3. Beep

Beep Junior Member

oh yeah, i like i freshly new black box stamp in the middle of my piece!! j/k

4. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

i agree so many "heads" who are beyond down with freights are still going over numbers. and i dont see why. i mean god if youre such a true freight head why arent you smart enough to go around them? its not like it taks effort. or are they scared of maybe having to paint 2 inches of a door? god, or take the bar for godssakes, its not that hard. freights arent a limitless supply, it wont be long before they are sick of painting new black boxes and maybe theyll put up fences in the precious layups then what will the "heads" paint? tractors? cars? donkeys? yeesh. i love to see a dope piece that went around the numbers, it actually makes it look better in my opinion, knowing they have some sort of respect.

5. Southern kid

Southern kid Elite Member

this issue has been talked about a lot on here...and yeah it probably needs lot of saying over and over on this thing because a lot of people do read this. but we all need to start stressing this in our scenes...if some new kid says something about getting busy on the freights then take the time to explain to him the importance of this. if you word it right and dont come off pushy he'll feel like he needs to do this to become 'a king.' i argee though..its an issue that has to get out there more..

6. istepdincrap

istepdincrap Guest

going over numbers=beat down

7. cAzer

cAzer Senior Member

first of all, you gotta be fuckin retarded to go over the numbers in the first place becus if you are fortunate enough to go out and paint trains you should the deal about getting stamped, so if your a smart writer you will stay off the numbers..

8. taper

taper Elite Member

stay off the numbers my god what the fuck do we have to keeep going over this for?

9. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I noticed that ono does this a lot, Ono, you fucking pussy.

10. baLLeRplAyA

baLLeRplAyA Member

this may be a breakthrough to some of you new freight writers out there, but there is this magical stuff called masking tape......what you do is cover the numbers with it and then paint like a mad man. then when you are all painted out and have your flicks and whatnot you just peel off the tape and presto the numbers are still there! just an idea......

11. oilcanloyd

oilcanloyd Guest

wow! i never thought of that masking thing! ive been hitting fr8s as long as ive been writing and usually i just paint around the numbers as neatly as possible, but nobody ever told me about that shit .......thanks
    :stretch:

12. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

seriously guys, painting around the numbers is not THAT difficult..
    ok, ive been known to cap the limits on occasion, but i try to remember not to.

13. Average White Railfan

Average White Railfan Senior Member

a friend of mine schooled me to tape a couple of years ago. as well as pimping that door rail on the right side. there are three challenges i face with tape:

it makes too much noise when you pull the tape off the roll.
    it takes up painting time.
    you have to remember to take it off.

i know it sounds retarded but the couple of times i used tape i remember thinking one of these things. its a brilliant idea though. just takes discipline. some cars have a whole shitload of writing. maybe go tape it off during the day and go back and paint at night......yea right!