more or less people going over!

Guest bigdork

Guest bigdork

Has everyone been noticing more or less people going over numbers,limits,and black boxes this past year? Ive noticed more and it worries me, with the popularity of fr8s, I think alot of kids and even older writers who didnt paint many fr8s before are getting into it without respect for this basic rule. All they want is there flix and they could care less about getting stamped or the longevity of being able to paint steel. I hope Im wrong and others notice to the contrary. Respect to the individuals and crews out there who just take the extra step to start your piece a few more inches to the right.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i agree so many "heads" who are beyond down with freights are still going over numbers. and i dont see why. i mean god if youre such a true freight head why arent you smart enough to go around them? its not like it taks effort. or are they scared of maybe having to paint 2 inches of a door? god, or take the bar for godssakes, its not that hard. freights arent a limitless supply, it wont be long before they are sick of painting new black boxes and maybe theyll put up fences in the precious layups then what will the "heads" paint? tractors? cars? donkeys? yeesh. i love to see a dope piece that went around the numbers, it actually makes it look better in my opinion, knowing they have some sort of respect.

this issue has been talked about a lot on here...and yeah it probably needs lot of saying over and over on this thing because a lot of people do read this. but we all need to start stressing this in our scenes...if some new kid says something about getting busy on the freights then take the time to explain to him the importance of this. if you word it right and dont come off pushy he'll feel like he needs to do this to become 'a king.' i argee though..its an issue that has to get out there more..

first of all, you gotta be fuckin retarded to go over the numbers in the first place becus if you are fortunate enough to go out and paint trains you should the deal about getting stamped, so if your a smart writer you will stay off the numbers..

this may be a breakthrough to some of you new freight writers out there, but there is this magical stuff called masking tape......what you do is cover the numbers with it and then paint like a mad man. then when you are all painted out and have your flicks and whatnot you just peel off the tape and presto the numbers are still there! just an idea......

Guest oilcanloyd

wow! i never thought of that masking thing! ive been hitting fr8s as long as ive been writing and usually i just paint around the numbers as neatly as possible, but nobody ever told me about that shit .......thanks

:stretch:

a friend of mine schooled me to tape a couple of years ago. as well as pimping that door rail on the right side. there are three challenges i face with tape:

it makes too much noise when you pull the tape off the roll.

it takes up painting time.

you have to remember to take it off.

i know it sounds retarded but the couple of times i used tape i remember thinking one of these things. its a brilliant idea though. just takes discipline. some cars have a whole shitload of writing. maybe go tape it off during the day and go back and paint at night......yea right!

Archived