Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

more 12oz rules to adhere by

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GamblersGrin, Apr 24, 2006.

1. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/04/23/china.army.ap/index.html

Report: China's army bans snoring

No tattoos, either, as military raises recruiting standards

Monday, April 24, 2006; Posted: 1:32 a.m. EDT (05:32 GMT)

SHANGHAI, China (AP) -- No drug users, no tattoos, no heavy snorers.
    China's military is tightening its standards for recruiting potential officers as it adjusts to changing social trends, ordering drug and psychological tests, among other new requirements, the official Xinhua News Agency reported Monday, citing a military health official.
    The People's Liberation Army headquarters released the new recruitment rules Sunday, it said.
    Recruits with fashionable tattoos will be barred from military schools, although traditional tattoos of ethnic minorities will be allowed if they are not too obvious when the recruit is wearing summer shorts, Li Chunming, the army health official, was cited as saying.
    "Tattoos will tarnish the military's image, even the scars of removed tattoos," Li said.
    Heavy snorers will also be banned, he said. The report did not say how the army would test for that problem.
    The report cited an unnamed official as saying that the army began requiring urine tests for drugs because of a surge in the number of young Chinese drug users.
    The psychological assessment will involve a written test followed by an interview for those who perform well enough, the report cited Miao Danmin, a professor with the Psychology Research Institute of the Fourth PLA Medical College, as saying.
    "The army has specific requirements for its officials with regard to personality and mental health. The test will help teenagers make the right decision," Miao said.
    Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

So... Why do you care about the Chinese Army anyway? If you like them so much, why don't you marry them? You aren't supposed to have tatoos in the US Armed Forces and it's been that way for a while... like 50 years.

3. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

i think the no snoring part is awesome.

they should just hook up oxygen masks next to all the beds.

4. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

you can definitely have tattoos in the us army and the marines. i know people in both who have a number of tattoos. theyre like, trained government killers.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  5. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

6. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

Shit, there's no way I'm getting into the Chinese army now...

7. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

8. mindvapors

mindvapors Veteran Member

that's trustworthy.

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

10. Soup BDC

Soup BDC Member

They should just do that to everyone, or so my highschool math teacher/football coach would say.
    He figured your grade in his class should be directly proportional to the oxygen you get to use.
    That guy was awesome.

11. mindvapors

mindvapors Veteran Member

Kr430n5_666, i think i just played that map in Unreal Tournament 2004.

12. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Far Cry on Xbox 360 Live is so much better than the chinese military.

If only I could afford my own.

13. Gat Bush

Gat Bush Veteran Member

why would anyone want to join the army?

14. Milk Grenades

Milk Grenades Dirty Dozen Crew

duh, like everyone knew that

15. Wrong. Military policy does allow tattoos. Depending on Service they can only be in certain locations.