Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

..MONTANA vs. KRYLON/RUSTO

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by CAPS, Oct 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAPS

CAPS Member

.Time for round 3.

Recently I really started using Montana paint and have grown to use it all the time. I still sketch with Krylon Colonial and some Ultra Flat Black but I have just grown to love using Montana. A couple of my crew have started bombing with it. They just go on and on about how solid and tight it fills in a one pass. So another of my crew said that he thinks I'm punkin cause I don't really wanna use Krylon anymore. I say why use only a few colors with Kry and Rusto when I can get 100+ colors with Montana. He says its sellin out and punkin on mixing. I still plan on using up my stack of Kry but I will be replacing it with Montana. Whats your thought? Do you feel like Krylon/Rusto keeps you old school. Do you really wanna be S.O.L. when the 3D ball Krylo runs out and all you got is square label high gloss runny shit?. I say the times change and so does paint and technology. Montana is the shit. DAIM and many other status holders use it and look at there shit. Don't get me wrong, paint don't make the writer but since I started hooking up Montana, my shit has come up another notch. They fade cleaner and mold better.

Krylon and Rusto will always be my heart. Shit I got 200+ cans of flatball I am just waiting for the right production to use but Montana has stolen the show.

CAPS............. hypothetically ginetically smooth like miracle whip.........

2. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

Never used it!!! Sounds like you must have some really good prices and access to this shit...... where and how do you get it for a decent price???
    Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to share.....

[email protected]

It's okay I know....It's not a real name!
    I've heard it before.....

3. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

with my budget i get 6 cans of walmart color place and one can of krylon

4. DOS2HS

DOS2HS Member

KRYLONS KRUSH FOR MIXING WITHOUT A DOUBT... MONTANA HAS THE EDGE THOUGH , CAUSE NO MATTER WHAT CAPS YOU USE ,YOU GET THE BEST RESULTS FROM MONTANA . BUT FOR BOMBS NOTHIN BEATS A RUSTO CAUSE THE COLORS STICK TO BRICK BETTER DONT YOU THINK ?

[​IMG]

5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

<<~~~~~~Is A Cheap Bastard!
    I second that. Although I switch use K-Mart and then a can or two of Rusto or Krylon. No Walmarts yet until that one opens up around the block sometime in the next year.

6. eviltrailer77

eviltrailer77 Elite Member

7. DUDER

DUDER Member

These days RUSTO AND KRYLON JUST SUCK DICK. Rusto having the new "comfortable" cap is just a pile of rank shit.

8. DurkStevens

DurkStevens Senior Member

pfffftt....Rustos are still great. If you cant make em work that's on you.

9. Gorditahead

Gorditahead Junior Member

The new stock tip works just fine, even for piecing, Also this thread has been talked about a million times and i just dont understand why. Rusto is absolutely fantastic paint, but Fancy paint is ALMOST always a better quality paint and i think most people know this by now. i mean fuck, its made for graffiti and can be a good way to add a little more detail, precision and a wider color palate to your piece. But when it comes down to it, who cares? Use whatever the hell you want and worry about only yourself, and yourself only. blah blah blah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.