Montana Nitro

parcheesey

anyone ever try the montana nitro paint? the 500 ml cans with bituminous black paint in it. i like the fact that it covers silver and leaves a stain after its buffed, but i heard its brownish and not so good. someone whos used it please leave some advice cuz i dont wanna order it and have it turn out like shit.

i realized i can have a poll, why not.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stuff rules. Its the only thing that will cleanly cover silver with out bleeding into it. You dont even have to wait for the silver to dry.

The slower you paint with it the darker black it will be. If you outline super fast it will look brownish. Its thick so you can go slower and they come with fat caps on them.

Have you actually used it? I don't mean to be rude, but are you talking about Spanish Montana, or German? Cause Spanish makes the Nitro (which kicks ass in my opinion) and I hear German just made some new type too, like gold or something. Just wondering.

I figure its something along the lines of Molotow Covers All...

Its good... brownish/dark red overspray or something along the lines, it stains nicely.

Recommended for something you want "scarred". :D

The montana nitros, xl, and xxl's are all the same. It is just a different size of can. The coverage is grate- no doubt- but the black is like tar. I got it once and wont get it again. Too much over spray no matter which cap you use.

As for montana in general-- yeah its expensive and I would recommend that you do not use it to bomb. As for the light colors such as yellow, pink, baby blue, and sage I would get montana (not for bombs) because those colors in krylon cant cover anything up ( if you are going over an old piece). It will cover but you waste a ton of paint in a little area. As for using montana on frieghts-- I think it is worth it-- for everyday bombing any other paint will do.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

Montana was selling for $3.50 a can off the website awhile back, which is only slightly more than what rusto goes for around here. I would have jumped on that price but didn't have the funds.

How much was shipping though? It probably got close to $6 anyway.

Well that depends on how much you paint and how much you order. There were also bulk discounts. I believe I was quoted something like $310.00 (shipping included) for 110 cans the last time I talked to them. I'd have to dig up my old e-mails. The point is you can probably get Montana as cheap as or cheaper than rusto if you're willing to drop some cash and buy in bulk. I won't drop that kind of money until I've used a couple cans of their paint and can find out what the big deal is.

Re: NITRO >> UGHH!!

Originally posted by iamwhatiam

nitro is fairly shit its a horrible brown colour although it does cover chrome...

The best chromer black is MOLOTOW COVERS ALL 2 no doubt

also HYCOTE ANTI-CHIP is good too comes out black and covers chrome nice

try covers all black top, the newer version to covers all 2, its juicy.........

ive got a bunch of montana that i got for way cheap cuz im connected but anyway i like the stufuz its thicker and they have dope colors but if your not carefull itll destroy you cap clog it all to hell happend to me on a few..... i still love krylon and rusto though....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived