Monster Project Book. . fresh for '04 you suckas

LastBoyScout

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by LENS

horrible horrible.......for $5 I can buy dinner

If times are that hard and you got to choose between eating or buying a book, go for eating everytime.

Originally posted by b0b

If times are that hard and you got to choose between eating or buying a book, go for eating everytime.

I skip meals all the time to buy books 25¢ ramen or dollar mac cheese is worth 4 dollars towards a new book. I like books, the libary is good though cause the books are free.

yea books are great but they are mad expensive, especially hard covers. i feel bad for canooks because they're even more expensive up north. not only that but most books have the canadian price listed right under the u.s. price. thats like the publisher is saying "you dont mind if i tell you i'm charging you out the ass while i take all your squilla", but... uh yea 5 bucks doesnt sound so bad. even in canada thats only like what, $9 (ah ha-ha sucka's)?

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by rinse

yea books are great but they are mad expensive, especially hard covers. i feel bad for canooks because they're even more expensive up north. not only that but most books have the canadian price listed right under the u.s. price. thats like the publisher is saying "you dont mind if i tell you i'm charging you out the ass while i take all your squilla", but... uh yea 5 bucks doesnt sound so bad. even in canada thats only like what, $9 (ah ha-ha sucka's)?

uhh, theres an exchange rate. if the value of the us dollar is worth more than the canadian dollar, selling at the same price would mean the canucks are getting a better deal.

^^^true, but i'm guessing that any given book that is published and distrubuted by canadian companies for sale in canada is priced much cheaper than that released in canada by the u.s. because the price doesnt need to match the value of the u.s. dollar. so camparing costs in the eyes of a canadian, it might seem... nevermind, i hate trying to explain things that dont really matter.

i'm not canadian, have never bought anything in canada so what the hell do i know about the way canadians feel when they have to buy something that involves the rate of exchange, eyh?

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by rinse

^^^true, but i'm guessing that any given book that is published and distrubuted by canadian companies for sale in canada is priced much cheaper than that released in canada by the u.s. because the price doesnt need to match the value of the u.s. dollar. so camparing costs in the eyes of a canadian, it might seem... nevermind, i hate trying to explain things that dont really matter.

i'm not canadian, have never bought anything in canada so what the hell do i know about the way canadians feel when they have to buy something that involves the rate of exchange, eyh?

yeah i can see your point. i've bought stuff on both sides of the border, sometimes with the exchange rate things are cheaper there than here, but most times it works out to be just about the same. going to the movies up there is less expensive, at least the one time i went.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by LastBoyScout

I skip meals all the time to buy books 25¢ ramen or dollar mac cheese is worth 4 dollars towards a new book. I like books, the libary is good though cause the books are free.

Damn I was actually trying to take the piss out of the guy above my post. Obviously it didn't work.

I usually buy at least 4/5 books a month.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived