Moe and The Atlanta Falcons

Guest imported_Europe

Guest imported_Europe

In the Homer goes to the Superbowl-episode of The Simsons there is one thing I just dont get.

What the fuck is the deal with Moe mentioning the Atlanta Falcons twice while covering his mouth with a beerglass??? Whats the joke, somebody pleeeeease tell me before I loose it.

Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Europe

Nobody knew, so I had to look it up:

From the internet somewhere:

In Sunday, Cruddy Sunday, why do Moe and Lenny cover their mouths when they mention the two Super Bowl participants?

Dialogue for the shows are recorded months before they air, so there is no way for anybody to predict the two Super Bowl participants. "Denver Broncos" and "Atlanta Falcons" are blatantly dubbed in, and the hand gag saves the animators the chore of changing lip movements, while at the same time providing a laugh at the non-subtle nature of the dubbed lines.

Guest imported_Europe

Because the episodes are shown way later here than in the US. I did not realize that it was that real a show, that Homer was actually going to The Superbowl of the year and not just a superbowl.

Archived