modest.mouseola

T=E=A=S=E

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fethasmcgraw

modest mouse WAS wonderful. now they only have one original member and they do car comercials. they also have changed their sound alot in the new cd.

What? You swear like every band sounds the same for the rest of your life. Ugh, Modest Mouse still sounds very similar to everything they have done in the past. I, personally like The Lonesome Crowded West the best, but that doesn't mean their new album is shit. I think all you are doing is not giving them a chance because they were in a car commercial. Wasn't there something about that where they didn't have any say in that anyway because they didn't own the rights to the music?

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

I wanted to go to that show, but didn't.

you should have gone...ben kweller was pretty good too...i went thinking he wasnt going to be good but he turned out to be wicked good....he plays a mean guitar too. you from around the boston area?

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

I like Modest Mouse. ODS is a moron for saying that. Someones genius does not deplete just because they "sell-out".

Did you sell out when you took that assistant manager position at Arby's?

selling out sucks, especially in the name of a car comercial. but at least their genius is still intact.

Originally posted by black hook

you should have gone...ben kweller was pretty good too...i went thinking he wasnt going to be good but he turned out to be wicked good....he plays a mean guitar too. you from around the boston area?

I don't really like ben kewller all that much. Yeah I live in boston.

As far as selling out, who cares? just listen to the music, and enjoy it. Does it really matter if they are in a car commercial? If you genuinely like the music, it shouldn't phase you at all

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

What? You swear like every band sounds the same for the rest of your life. Ugh, Modest Mouse still sounds very similar to everything they have done in the past. I, personally like The Lonesome Crowded West the best, but that doesn't mean their new album is shit. I think all you are doing is not giving them a chance because they were in a car commercial. Wasn't there something about that where they didn't have any say in that anyway because they didn't own the rights to the music?

i think they sound different. and i like music that doesnt make me think of a nissan. lonesome crowded west was their best indeed

sounds to me, that if its in a comercial its about the all mighty dollar.

thats exactly what i'm saying, "its about the music".

but feel free to think what you want, just be sure to spell check those thoughts.

Originally posted by rinse

sounds to me, that if its in a comercial its about the all mighty dollar.

thats exactly what i'm saying, "its about the music".

but feel free to think what you want, just be sure to spell check those thoughts.

you should reap what you sow buddy.

rinse...

you must either be a kid, or a fucking idiot, maybe both.

only a fool would pass up the opportunity to recieve money for something that they love to do, in this case im talking about modest mouse doing that commercial.

they make music for people to listen to, and they do it one because they love the music they make im sure, and two, to make money.

it doesnt matter how they make the money from their music, as long as its made.

i cant stand people who claim to have liked a musician / band / rapper or whatever up until they went "mainstream" or "sold out".

that shit is absolutely the stupidest fucking chump thing someone could do / say.

going mainsteam and selling out are two totally different things.

going mainstream is all fine and good 'cause it as a musicians goal to make it big by making their music.

selling out is different... its stripping the original intent and identity of a good piece of music in order to make a product seem more hip or cool to those who might be easily swayed. thats why bands get paid bank for the use of their music in a comercial... prospectively that piece of music is going to make the sales company more money by making the product seem more interesting or current.

selling out is not about the music.

i never claimed to have disliked a band because they went mainstream, i applaud any group that can reach gold record status or higher yet. so dont be putting words in my mouth.

if you cant understand what i'm saying your more of a chuckle-head than i thought.

EDIT: spell checking my thoughts.

so basically youre saying its wack that they have their music in a car commercial because...?

sounds snobby to me.

"im not going to listen to this group i used to like because they sold one of their songs to nissan to use in a commercial, and im a die hard FORD fan."

:rolleyes:

"its stripping the original intent and identity of a good piece of music in order to make a product seem more hip or cool to those who might be easily swayed. selling out is not about the music. "

and if someone bought a car because "modest mouse" ...their favorite band was playing during the commercial, they suck at life anyways.

1. i've never listened to modest mouse so i'm not hating on a band i used to like.

2. comercials are packed full of subtle hints and target marketing.

3. modest mouse is a weak name for a band, give me some white snake!

:lol:

Originally posted by rinse

1. i've never listened to modest mouse so i'm not hating on a band i used to like.

2. comercials are packed full of subtle hints and target marketing.

3. modest mouse is a weak name for a band, give me some white snake!

:lol:

how about some Ratt?

Archived