Modest Mouse, Hot Hot Heat, Leo Head Up Siren Fest - Coney Island, NY

mental invalid

summertime love..........

from pitchfork..........

Modest Mouse, Hot Hot Heat, Leo Head Up Siren Fest

Insane meth binge drives Issac Brock to cast self into sea of destruction

Ryan Schreiber reports:

New York's prestigious Village Voice has just announced the first batch of bands in what promises to be an extensive lineup for their 2003 Siren Music Festival, which takes place annually on the city's Coney Island. The bill's most notable group so far is Modest Mouse, who have just begun work on their full-length follow-up to 2000's landmark The Moon & Antarctica with Sparklehorse producer Dennis Herring at Oxford, Mississippi's Sweet Tea Studios. Along with a few scattered May tour dates in the Northwest-- including an appearance at Quincy, Washington's Sasquatch Music Festival-- it'll be among the band's first live performances with new touring drummer Benjamin Wiekel.

Also scheduled to perform are radio-banned spazpoppers Hot Hot Heat, indie nightingale Ted Leo (with his Pharmacists), polyrhythmic discopunks !!! and Radio 4, Swedish cockrock femmes Sahara Hotnights, Manhattan hip-hop underdogs Northern State, and noun-quota-fulfilling The Kills and The Pattern. Several others still have yet to be announced, but judging from last year's throwdown-- which included Sleater-Kinney, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Shins, Les Savy Fav, Liars, Mooney Suzuki and countless others-- there're gonna be more top-notch indie acts than you can throw a stick at.

The festival's gonna be hitting, on two stages no less, on Saturday, July 19th from noon to 9:00pm-- and the best part? It's completely and totally free-- so long as you don't mind being distracted by giant Pepsi banners-- as well as a family-friendly all-ages event. If you're lucky, Christgau might perform a series of his best-loved music essays! Just don't shout "Freebird." We gotta feeling he's been saving up something extra pedantic for that one.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yes, the gang you are a part of beardz is the one going to this show......

bobbie.....you should look for cheap airfare dood....i mean after all its not like you have to buy a ticket for the show....yes im still working on your packie....

"the shins will eat you alive with funtime sunshine hits....love em."

this statement is the truest statement of the day.......

beardo for dropping, bobbie for burning em...thanks

ethreads maybe we can synchronize are watches.........

Originally posted by mental invalid

Sleater-Kinney, The Shins, Les Savy Fav, Liars,

fresh lineup too. and the yeah yeah yeahs just for the fact that i think i want to bang karen o, their lead singer.

im heading out that direction but probably a week later. i dunno though, i want to be heading back and make cincy by the 7th for scribble....

this shit is free though, i.e. even if it sucks (which it wont) itll be a day at coney.

see if i can make it...

• 2 months later...

Archived