Modern Drunkard

effyoo

A magazine dedicated to a select readership of old soaks, barflies and inveterate long-lunchers.

In a market already boasting countless titles for minority interests, Modern Drunkard has found a surprising niche. The motto of its 38-year-old editor, Frank Rich, is taken from the writer Charles Bukowski: "When you were drunk, the world was still out there, but at least it didn't have you by the throat."

*all pictures are clickable!

Alcoholics Anonymous workers hate the magazine. In Denver, a volunteer with Cares, which provides refuge for street drunks, said angrily: "Come down here and I'll show you some modern drunkards."

"We're trying to convince Americans that there should be no guilt attached to being drunk," Rich said. "America's economic golden age in the 1950s took place when it was commonplace for businessmen to down three large martinis at lunchtime.

"A lot of the time, it is alcohol which helps us to function in difficult circumstances. Look at Churchill. He was more or less drinking all the way through World War II. If you took any list of the greatest politicians, writers and artists that the world has produced, you'd find it dominated by functioning alcoholics."

Modern Drunkard

Enjoy!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

B U M P

i'm drunk as fuck and this shit is DOPE AS FUCK.

Recognize, mother fuckers. yall know you're drunk. shheeeeiiiiit. go fuck yourselfs. mother fcukers. god damn.

i met one of the publishers of www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com at the bar yesterday.

conversation as follows.

me "yeah...i was drinkin with my potnah yesterday. he just got out the pen and was tellin me about stabbing some fool for ten minutes in the shitter cause he was raping youngsters in the shower. blood splattered on the whole stall and all over their clothes."

publisher "thats gross"

me"yeah im just sayin ...wheres the magazine converage on that? how would you feel if you were 22 and had to go through that?"

then i got really drunk and met lois.....i called her lois lane she called me superman all night long.

woulda been cooler if she fucked me or somthing.......but anyway.....

yeah. drunk. yup.

Archived