<<<Modern Chevelle SS>>>

crave

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

:( great idea but i think this could have gotten a way bettter makeover than it did. An the motor forgive if im wrong but it looks like there common ole run of the mill ls1 motor they seem to stick in everything now....i mean i dont knock them for trying to keep the legend alive but like the new monte carlo it lacked in a body styling that only could have come out of the 50's 60's an 70's..............the idea though of owning one of 30 of these is pretty sweet but i think chevy an ford (they kinda gave up though after bringing back the thunderbird) should just drop the whole reliving the golden age of cars an start trying to catch up to this compact car craze all the kids are raving about....i mean look at dodge an there new srt turbo neon....crazy shit.

i like cars in general but im ford man but not your run of the mill mustang man lol i dunno. i have a 64 nova that im currently putting together an a 65 ford falcon that i bracket race with...

the thought of them bringing the car back in the market is cool but to me pretty much all theyre doing in the end is bringing back the name an sticking it on poorly designed imposter.

i like that they tried to give it a old school new school feel, but the headlights, belong where the grill is aligned too...cause that popping out grill, what the fuck is this batman car or some shit.....they did the back of the car perfect, i think the front could of been better...and i dont like the bottom too, but it was a good attempt i guess....good idea and concept, bad job putting the front together.....i rather drive the old school ver. though

Originally posted by TURBOCAPSLOK@Jan 15 2005, 02:14 AM

GOT SPECS

I agree that it could be much better in a few ways. But overall I like it. I wouldn't drop $135k on it but I can appreciate what they've done here. The headlights are my biggest gripe as far as the exterior goes. Oh well.

The new throwback Mustang GT is hot shit.

SPECS:

The HRSS454 is based on the C5-R all aluminum, 5th generation Corvette racing block. It also features LS6 based heads, Wilson intake manifold, and a 10.7:1 compression ratio. Exclusive to the HRSS454, it will be capable of delivering a massive 600 horsepower and 600 ft/lbs of torque. Specifications are subject to change based on availability of components. Specifications can also be changed to fit your own needs and personal taste. If you would like different shocks, wheels, tires, stereo system, headlights or other components, contact us to discuss your preferences. There is a limited production of just 40 cars for 2004 at a starting price of $135,000.00 plus all applicable taxes, title, license and destination fees.

MECHANICAL

• 4 Speed Automatic or 6 Speed Manual Transmission

• 4 Wheel Independent Suspension

• Power Front/Rear Disc Brakes

• Traction Control System

• Power Assisted Variable Ratio Rack and Pinion Steering

• Limited Slip Rear Differential 3.46:1

• 18” X 8” (front) 18x9.5 (rear) 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels

• Michelin P245/40 (front) P275/35 (rear) ZR18 W-Rated tires (subject to change)

SAFETY & SECURITY

• Driver/Passenger Front Air Bags

• 4 Channel 4 Wheel ABS Brakes

• 3 Point Front/Rear Seat Belts

• Theft Deterrent System

• Rear Seat Child Anchor Points

• Emergency Mode System

• Daytime Running Lamps

• Programmable Keyless Remote Entry

INTERIOR

• 2 + 2 Leather Sport Bucket Seats

• 8 Way Power Front Bucket Seats

• 200 Watt 10 Speaker Audio System

• 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer

• Tilt & Telescope Steering Wheel

• Steering Wheel Radio Controls

• Power Door Lock & Windows

• Driver Information Center

• Air Conditioning/Cruise Control

EXTERIOR

• Auto/Programmable Headlamps

• Dual Exhaust with Chrome Tips

• Carbon fiber panels added that do not affect

GM safety structure

COLLECTOR'S PACKAGE

• Letter of authenticity

• Personalized car cover

• Car care and maintenance package

• Full documentation package

• Photo album of your HRSS454 throughout production

• At your convenience Imagine Motorsports will also provide personalized

orientation of your HRSS454 at your residence or place of business

These are all included in the standard HRSS454 Equipment Package at not additional charge.

the front end needs a bit more stream line to it, it just comes off looking like the front end of a box and it completely throws off the lines. The tires and fenders look far to small on this car especially in the back due to the height of the trunk. In all honesty there could have been a much better modern chevelle created than this. It just looks generic and if I was a chevelle fan I would be almost insulted by this.

Originally posted by The Dude@Jan 15 2005, 04:54 PM

modern american garbage, good for 30,000 miles before some major malfunctions, and the headlights look lame. im surprised chevy just didnt throw the name "chevelle" on some generic looking 4 door like they did the malibu and impala.........

they really did ruin the whole "impala" feel after 1996, that was a fuckin hott ass car, loved them. Malibou's are pussy mobiles too now, how they could run such a great name down into the ground is pretty fuckin horrible....2 names actually, and they did it with the nova in the 80s i believe, with those shitty 4 door fuckin compact bitch piles....

Originally posted by johnny@Jan 15 2005, 01:54 PM

i disagree, i think the new mustangs are pretty rad...i had a late 60's mustang and completely destroyed the car doing retarded adolescent shit.

i cant believe yuo're dad allowed such horseshit activity. ol mustangs are sick. and i agree, the new jawn is pretty fucking nice. and what, 300hp for 24k? cant front on that.

1.jpg

2.gif

When did the world become one gigantic DON'T? The way people look in general has been plummeting since the 60s, but it seems like the whole of culture is at an all-time aesthetic low. Women think we like fake tits and toe rings, men over 40 are still putting gel in their hair, and even your close friends can't resist tossing on some sport sandals during Spring Break. Things have gotten so bad, we're taking advice from a bald fag with expensive sunglasses wedged on his head. And it doesn't stop at pants. Everything looks like shit. Toaster ovens are available in Mac colors, ghetto blasters look like Super Soakers, furniture is just wood veneer over compressed cardboard, and even lost-cat posters have fallen victim to the ubiquitous home computer that lets every fucking retard with AIDS for a brain use Quark to show us how talentless he is.

The rich are even worse. Have you ever seen Cribs? Snoop Dog's house looks like it was decorated by an Italian grandmother on welfare. They all do. Even the houses themselves are hideous. Architecture in general has become an excuse for illegal aliens to take three days obediently piling plastic and aluminum into a gigantic square of Lego. I realize the profits from cutting corners are important when a handful of corporations are making 98% of the stuff, but what's your excuse?

The most graphic example of this degradation is the automobile. Remember the Chevy Nova? Shit, even corny Dad cars like the Volvo had nice square edges and looked like something a grown man should drive. Now they look like fucking cough drops. Whose idea was it to turn them into globular tears? Was it corporate greed?

"No, it was a simple math mistake," says Mark Stehrenberger, the designer of the Grand Cherokee. "Back in the 60s and 70s, everyone became obsessed with ‘the oil crisis' and thought improving mileage was going to save the world. Unfortunately, an aerodynamic shape only improves mileage by five to seven percent, and that's only at Autobahn speeds. Put an aerodynamic car on American highways with American speed limits and heavy traffic, and that tiny margin of efficiency is erased."

Dear old people, are you hearing this? If you want to save money on gas, stop driving. What the fuck are you doing living in LA anyway? And if you want cheap furniture, go to a garage sale. Everything about you looks like shit, so stop watching home makeover shows. If you want to see real design, check out the makeshift knife in your son's pants. Or the roach traps poor people make. Shit, just take a look at our living room. It's a thousand times nicer than yours, and we're broke.

CHRIS CRINKLE (borrowed from ViceMag)

eh, I'm not really feeling the design either. It doesn't seem to flow very well. I especially don't like the headlights in that flat recessed area with that cow guard front grill. And how about the wheels? blah. I think it looks more like a 1970's designer took an old chevelle and built a concept car of what we'd be driving in 2005.