models... not super

When

so who else is in the nerd army with me?

i love putting together scale models

it may not be cool, but damn its fun

right now im working on a 65' chevelle ss396 z16

ive shaved it painted it safety blue and now im working on a bitchin suspension for it

other recent endeavors include a

98 dodge ram, which i shaved, bodydropped, 4linked and painted black with purple pearl

and a 97 ford f150 that recieved the same treatment along with a unibody

chopped top, and a pepto pink paintjob

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest mikro137
Originally posted by When

so who else is in the nerd army with me?

i love putting together scale models

it may not be cool, but damn its fun

right now im working on a 65' chevelle ss396 z16

ive shaved it painted it safety blue and now im working on a bitchin suspension for it

other recent endeavors include a

98 dodge ram, which i shaved, bodydropped, 4linked and painted black with purple pearl

and a 97 ford f150 that recieved the same treatment along with a unibody

chopped top, and a pepto pink paintjob

word the fuck up! yes i am on th enerd army tip as well.

current projects include: the a-team van , a lowrider citation (yes thats right) a impala (65 i believe) and one more , since i moved i havent even looked at these , lemmie hit the basement...

Guest mikro137

personal favorites....

`32 Ford 3-Window Coupe Street Rod

One of the all-time greats! The classic 3-window coupe was a special body produced for Ford that grabbed the attention of all the street rod enthusiasts. Features: Ford 302 engine mounted on a one-piece frame with detachable fenders, waterslide decals.

239l.jpg

this has sooo many possibilities... i have built this one twice...

Mazmanian `41 Willys Gasser

In the `60s, one of the most popular drag racing classes were the gassers. Top teams from around the country were stuffing monster motors into a variety of cars, especially the `41 Willys. Big John was known for his fast speeds and gorgeous candy red paint. The Hemi powered coupe was one of the era's biggest crowd pleasers. Features: Detailed Hemi engine, authentic Big John graphics.

115l.jpg

christ almighty , this one was probally the most difficult to build ever (i built the stone woods and cook version) mostly due to poor molds , and warped parts (the replacements were warped as well...)

Guest imported_Tesseract

Damn, how the fuck did i sleep on this thread?...i Guess i didnt click because when i read Models..not super i thought that this thread would be full of busted chicks:o

Anyway, i build planes and i'm pretty damn good...I have dozens of process flicks but thats the reason i built the fuckers in the first place.

I didnt got in that shit for the hobby itself, but after doing it i discovered its damn good.

glad to see some people have an interest

mikro- i prefer revell-monogram and older ertl models

i hate those new jack rice rocket models

i cant remember the companys name but i bought a rally supra

and all the parts were complete shit

pictures soon

Guest mikro137

glad to see some people have an interest

mikro- i prefer revell-monogram and older ertl models

i hate those new jack rice rocket models

i cant remember the companys name but i bought a rally supra

and all the parts were complete shit

pictures soon

that supra , was it a tamiya by chance? tamiya makes hands down the most challanging , detailed well fitting pieces. but due to the high price , i only buy them when i am actually going to finish a project. the last tamiya i tried to build was a late 70's firarri formula 1 car. holy fuck was that an ordeal... never finished , but i believe i still have it floating around.

revell/monagram , and amt/ertl

i still hunt for the older revell kits , especially the hot rod magazine series (my dad built a fly ass 55 chevy years back) these are by far my favorites. the monograms are awesome for muscle cars especially.

amt/ertl , i still dig these kits , even though they lack soooo much from the early days of my model kit building. very heavy plastic , good part fit , and hella options per kit , even if it wasnt specified on the box.

i also dig the lindberg kits alot. the older drag racing kits were fucking awesome. again nice heavy plastic , and good part fit , but not a huuuuge selection like tamiya monogram and revell.

Guest mikro137

the supra wasnt a taniya it was something else

ill think of it sooner or later

also i found out today that a friends uncle has fifty or so

models in his garage just waiting to be put together

im hoping theyre cool

lucky bastard , regardless of weather theyre complete , you will have a nice parts bin...

when i was younger i used to really enjoy putting models together. i remember waiting what seemed like forever for lowrider bicycle to come out so i could check out new techniques. reading this thread reminds me, i should pick up a set...see if i still enjoy it as much as i used to.