mixers-electrophiles-- odd buzz-- HELP

heavyLox

so i just set up my mixer and turn tables. and the mixer is sending an enormous buzz to my head phones and a tolerable hum to the amp.

I switched the mixer still hum and buzz. I changed the headphone 1/4" to mini connector.

Still buzz and hum.

unplugged the turn tables and the amp and the buzz seems to be generated inside the mixers. seems odd they would both go at the same time.

any ideas on why shits buzzing and humming?

both mixers are vestax pmc05.

any help or places to look for help would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't know alot about mixers and amps and what not but I do know electrical theory and you can often get a buzz from something not grounding properly if run in a series circuit (i.e. plugging one thing into another and another on the same powerstrip or whatever). Most importantly put your speakers on a seperate circuit. Try that, it might be the problem.

well if its coming from the mixer, that makes it a bit harder.

i was thinking grounds or bad connections at the cartridges, but if you unhooked the tables completley i don't know. especially if you have 2 mixers. badwires/ or rca's maybe. have you tried other headphones?

maybe your wall inlet in not grounded properly...

i get a tolerable buzz in my headphones from one channel and i can't figure it out for the life of me. shits annoying.