MISSOURI????

amprok

so...

i just accepted a dream job that would mean relocating from the nyc area to the kansas city area.

i checked out the missouri graffiti thread and there looks like there are some things happening there, which is a relief.

anyone have any protips about kansas city?

shit to do. legal walls. places to buy higher end paint. music, etc. i know nothing about the midwest.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

KC has a ton of nicely done legal walls, oddly enough.

there's also a lot of freights there

it isn't the worst place on earth, and chicago isn't too far off.

what they consider 'downtown' might make you laugh your ass off though

personally i don't like it when cities aren't located on huge bodies of water, but all things considered that might not be so bad. prepare for some shitty storms though

Thanks dude. do you have any links to the legal walls, or know anything how they are set up?

I just want to chill with my family and paint. Are they crew walls, or just show-up-and-paint walls?

Feel free to pm me if you like.

Thanks dude. do you have any links to the legal walls, or know anything how they are set up?

I just want to chill with my family and paint. Are they crew walls, or just show-up-and-paint walls?

Feel free to pm me if you like.

this is really one person who does a ton of amazing characters (scribe) and his friends

you aren't going to be able to get involved in painting them, they are more like murals you can admire.

5406803404_21cbb4ef84_z.jpg

i don't like painting legal walls, so i don't know anything else about it

my buddy in KCK did score one for herself though, it's an open-minded community if you can do work on your own

(also, get used to everyone saying 'KCK' and 'KC-mo' to refer to which state they live in...kinda weird how it splits the city

a0b9h.jpg

ok well, for someone who lives on the east coast, the kansas and/or missouri rivers, and the ozarks, don't count as huge bodies of water. i'm referring to oceans, the gulf of mexico, or possibly lake michigan

these rivers have massive walls though, and if you have bucket paint, a roller and some throwaway shoes you can do some gargantuan rap letters

Symbols, a lot of downtown was redesigned by Cordish, I dont really enjoy it more than walking through but its becoming successful.

makes sense.

there are large buildings but it's so spread out, in a midwest kinda way, and yeah, much of it has the feel of an outdoor mall. all in all though, it's no little rock. hahaha. i liked it more than st.louis too

Drove there from cali. last year, turned around after 4 days and took my ass to Havasu to erase the experience from my brain. Locals really didn't enjoy a guy wearing punk t-shirts covered in tattoos. Lots of icp fans as well. BUT, the air is super clean, and if your into nature (fishing, hiking, hunting, boating) then you can have a ton of fun. And houses are crazy cheap.