Minimum Wage

Grandola

So my boy tells me that he heard they're thinking of raising it up to $7 somthing an hour, which is good, cause $5.15/hr isn't shit.

I personally think mim. wage should be raised up to at least $8 an hour cause shit is so expensive. with a $5.15/hr payout, it's nearly impossible to have a car, apartment, and enough food to make it through to the next check.

$5.15 x 40hr week = $206 before the governement takes out most of it.

$206 x 4 weeks = $824

then subtract car payments, rent, utilities, food...

damn.

anyhow, what do you think about min. wage?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The thing with minimum wage is that it is never going to be a good living. If they increase minimum wage everything else will increase as well. Just because the store has to pay extra money for labor does not mean they will eat it. They will raise their prices. The whole issue is you need to develop yourself to a level were you can earn a higher wage. No matter how much minimum wage is it is still the bottom of the scale and always will be.

Guest --zeSto--

yep...

higher education (and/or training) = higher level of skill = higher paycheck.

think of it like this...

If a trained monkey could do your job, then why are you worth 8$ an hour?

Guest --zeSto--

^ indeed!

I just wanted to make the distinction between learning skills and getting a BA in English.

what the hell can you do with a BA in english? Teach english in Japan? Wonderfull!

Guest --zeSto--

true.. making an ass grove in the couch is great fun,

but trust this... it's totally different on the other side.

Guest socrates

1. You don't need a car

2. Don't eat out

3. Work more than 40 hours a week

4. Be on time at work at friendly/helpful, why you ask...People who bitch about shit don't get anything just be nice and it will do alot better in job and life in general.

Guest me IS cool

I was getting paid 7.25 an hour... but since i have been at my job for 90 days... they gave me a raise.. 7.33 an hour.. which sucks cuz a fellow co-worker who started at the same time and does less work than I do gets 7.50.... fucken haters.

Originally posted by me IS cool

I was getting paid 7.25 an hour... but since i have been at my job for 90 days... they gave me a raise.. 7.33 an hour.. which sucks cuz a fellow co-worker who started at the same time and does less work than I do gets 7.50.... fucken haters.

aaaahahhaha....holy shit....

i would honestly toss a pile of my own shit at anyone who would be insulting enough to inform me i got a .08 cent raise.....seriously, you cant even imagine the beating that would insue....

Originally posted by Grandola

So my boy tells me that he heard they're thinking of raising it up to $7 somthing an hour, which is good, cause $5.15/hr isn't shit.

I personally think mim. wage should be raised up to at least $8 an hour cause shit is so expensive. with a $5.15/hr payout, it's nearly impossible to have a car, apartment, and enough food to make it through to the next check.

$5.15 x 40hr week = $206 before the governement takes out most of it.

$206 x 4 weeks = $824

then subtract car payments, rent, utilities, food...

damn.

anyhow, what do you think about min. wage?

lol i get paid more $6.85 to be exact. i been workin at the same place for a YEAR and finally got a 10 cent raise. yes go me.

Guest OPRAH
Originally posted by Ilove2hate

thanks!

u fat bitch!:mad:

hahaha, how old are you 14 or 15? Its obvious your in highschool and having a hard time making friends even though your rich and white. So your putting up a "i hate everything" campaign, to make it seem like you have control over who likes you, its alright though, the hormones are going fucking crazy right now. But to do it on the internet is very lame, as this is not real, and the majority of people here are above 18, dont think like a 15 year old loser, and can see right through you. And your name, Ilove2hate, sorry what your doing is being a stupid jack ass. Hating has a certain comical quality, what you say is not funny, you just sound like a suburban white nerd whos feelings have been hurt. Quite gay dont you think?

wow there raising mi.wage...good to now your alot of help....you stupid fag..you wanna now what i think about min.wag...nothin i dont think about mn.wag..u loser

"nothin i dont think about mn.wag" that shows how shallow and stupid you really are, if you didnt live in a rich town of suppressed nerds, youd get jacked everyday. your see through

Re: Re: Minimum Wage

Originally posted by Ilove2hate

wow there raising mi.wage...good to now your alot of help....you stupid fag..you wanna now what i think about min.wag...nothin i dont think about mn.wag..u loser

idiot.

Archived