MIDI junkies gonna fuck you up!!

MOOGLE?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just got done recording a joint I wrote at the bars called the "Blue-collar allstar"......the beat is an AC/DC loop of "back in black" with some horns from a Duke Ellington record.......and the chorus is a Big L sample along with a Polecat sample....."how the hell I'm supposed to make ends meet?....makin' 'bout 120 dollars a week..."I'm about to flip,I'm about to flip(polecat),"I want clean clothes,mean ho's and all that other shit".......it's an eyeopener......trust me.

i dunno

i think its because of the fact that i orginally had the new fl demo that came with the slayer and sytrus..and i have at least 15 different exe. versions of fl studio.producer..and tried them all and each time i deleted all traces od fruityloops but the background i put in stays the same..

besides that the versioni got off here wont let me use the online section..

i use a different computer for music editing that isnt hooked up online..but i do have fl on this one to check out downloaded loops before i put them to disk..

i'll figure it out soon enough

we need to make a loop exchange group on 12oz..i know there are a buncha beatjunkies here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Alright guys, here's Captain Moron with a question he can't seem to find the answer to with Google.

Let's say I got a USB MIDI keyboard. I mainly wanna use it to fuck around in GarageBand and other random audio software doo dads. I'd also like it to play sounds that I already have, specifically drum sounds.

I have these drum sounds (kicks, snares, etc.) in AIFF format. I want to be able to assign these sounds to keys on my keyboard, like a drum kit, so I can basically play drums on the keyboard.

So the question... how the hell do I do this? I have a hard time getting a straight answer cause I can't seem to phrase the question right. Do these have to be converted to MIDI? Is that even possible?

I remember a friend of mine in college who had a fucking ill-ass setup with his keyboard and shit, and he would edit/sequence in SoundForge and ACID. I'd go there and play for hours with the drum kits on it (especially the amen drums), and since at that point I wasn't interested in getting my own, I never asked how the hell those drums were playable on the keyboard in the first place.

Any help? Am I making any sense?

when i had my mpc i got a midi keyboard and tried to fuck around and

all the instructions and stuff never worked. then i got a midi guy to show

me how to do it and he couldn't figure it out either. i don't get midi.

but i would also like to know what mamerro is asking..

mamski....

what you're setting up is a midi 'trigger'.

The keyboard that play notes and chords like a real instrument

is set up differently. I'm not exactly sure how the set up word work,

but try searing the help for 'triggering'. Or google.

Akai%20mpd16.jpg

^ that's a device made to work as likethe pads on most sequencers (like akai and mpc).

I've never used a midi one, but they are probably WAY better for 'drumming'

than using a standard keyboard. unless you go all out.... like this

keys AND pad trigers in one set up. plus a million other do-dads.

and a link filled with info:

http://www.macjams.com/article.php?story=20040128064923856