Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

michael moore has some bright fans

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by BROWNer, Nov 29, 2003.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

check this shit:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentD...ay.asp?aid=4972

"Organzing to Oppose Michael Moore's Film, ''Fahrenheit 9/11''"
    Posted by Jon Alvarez
    Saturday, November 08, 2003
    Patriots:
    We at PABAAH (Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood) are beginning to organize a concerted effort to protest/boycott the Michael Moore 9/11 conspiracy film, ''Fahrenheit 9/11,'' due out in theatres next year. We feel this film will be nothing more than an insult to the memories of the victims of 9/11 and is a political attack piece aimed at President Bush. This is over the top and tramples on sacred ground.
    If you are interested in being involved, we are looking to set up networks in all 50 states, to spread the word, recruit other supporters, etc. We want to make the outcry vs. CBS look like a picnic compared to this. Our guess is that Moore will plan on a 9/11/2004 release date, two months prior to the election and on the anniversary of 9/11. This guy is a shameless self-promoter who is attempting to defile an event that is sacred to many of us...and we should not sit quietly and take it.
    If interested, let me know, especially which state you are in. We need your help to spread the word to others who may want to be involved; groups, individuals, etc.
    We are currently working with other like-minded groups and are even talking with patriots of grassfire.net to centralize a petition drive thru them. Why have five boycott sites and 10 different petitions dedicated to this next year when the hoopla over all of this starts? Let's coordinate, be prepared, and just have one big effort...
    If we learned anything from the CBS fiasco, it's that we can make a difference. Ultimately, our goal is to have this tank at the box office and to convince theatre owners that it is not in their financial interests to book this film. If we boycott all movie theatres during the time they carry this vile film, thus hurting their bottom line, we can have a huge impact on whether or not they carry this film.
    God Bless America!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    in case you weren't aware, the film aims to mass expose the conspiracy of silence
    surrounding the bush/binladen/saudi royal family connections, most of which are factual, numerous, and highly problematic considering the relentless efforts by the white house to mute the independant commisions mandate to fully investigate what happened on 9/11. keep in mind that this commission wasn't even going to be set up, victims families had to threaten the white house legally before they would approve such a commission. furthermore, this persons(i mean 'patriot') complete lack of perspective becomes extra special when one looks at the current state of the commission and its (lack of) findings. yay. another dose of cynical fucking garbage.

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

I like that they are making the assumption that he will release it on 9/11. That would be pretty tasteless, and i'm not too sure if Michael Moore would do something like that, he isn't the NRA.

3. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i like how dude has wrapped himself in the flag and desires
    to destroy a fellow americans constitutional rights. how fucking
    sweet ass is that?!

4. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm sure Moore is salivating at the thought of great outcry re: his film. It will only provide free press for the man, ensuring more people will want to watch the film to see what all the fuss is about.

For a similar experience, see Franken and Fox re: use of "Fair and Balanced."

5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

haha, yes, franken is the man.

6. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

moore is a fuckin moron to begin with, who gives a fuck what he has to say after that last little piece of shit he did

7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

^

fucking sweet!!!
    way to articulate-and-delineate!!

8. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO Senior Member

franken, moore and the pundits of that ilk are confusing.. I met michael moore during the wto protests when he showed up and made some, slightly funny, joke about how he and the "head" of the the organization share the same name..in my opinion just another annoying susan sarandon, danny glover-type message. it's strange how simplistic his beliefs are, but even stranger that if you asked people who watch his films probably 9 out of 10 of them couldn't aptly identify them. I think why the right-wing has such a hard time dealing with these two is understandable. it's similar to a gang war. two sides consistently retaliating with more outrageous claims and attacks until it is impossible for either side to remember why they're fighting in the first place. it's obvious that they are angry and upset that we are growing more conservative, but I've never heard them once suggest anything concrete that would produce a more beneficial outcome. frankly, I dislike corporate welfare as much as any of you liberal, open-minded, freeloading, hippies. but the fact remains that the American globilization machine has already trampled the simple purpose behind such acts of civil disobedience as protest, free-speech, etc. that's not to say we shouldn't be actively disputing the false claims of the right, but I doubt that the methods employed by franken and moore will get them anywhere with people who are in opposition to their viewpoints. they are not politicians, and I doubt they ever will be, so how do they expect to change politics without falling into the same historical traps as the right-wing has? dissemination of one opinion is simply that, one opinion. I think it would be more impressive if either of them just chilled out for a moment and attacked the right-wing in a way that isn't typically anti-america, anti-war, anti-consumerist, anti-establishment.

I mean isn't this all getting a bit too predictable? in seattle we had a guy run for city council who decided to "protest" against campaign financing by, simply, not raising any money. it was a respectable viewpoint, but, in the end, he lost by 50%+ of the vote. why? because no matter how much anti-politician media there is out there the guy in the nicer suit with the well-manicured speaking voice who can remain calm in the face of his opposition will always win. prediction: Bush wins in 2004.

9. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

flee america, claim political asylum in mexico or canada.

10. Kyuzo

Kyuzo Banned

11. Pores

Pores Member

like his books, like his films...hope he finishes the film. if bush becomes president in 2004, im moving

12. Rectum

Rectum Senior Member

the BBC is a financially weak, government funded TV company whose main aim is to put shit on the air that is beneficial to society rather then make profit.
    I heard from someone who works for BBC that when Michael Moore was asked to do a small-time project with then he demanded that they put him up in the london's Ritz hotel. They thought this was a bit bad-natured but agreed..... then he decided that they had to pay for his whole family to fly over and stay with him (indluding some extended family not just his wife/kids!) . After the fortnight or so was up the BBC found that he had billed something ridiculous like $10K on roomservice and shit like that .....they couldnt beleive it....

Michael Moore sold out.!!! he is a fake dog, boycot that shit

13. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

i think his "message" stand out more than the messager himself.

14. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Yeah september eleventh is sacred to them since it allowed bush to pass the PATRIOT act and take all our rights away, then institute authoritarian right-wing rule on the lot of us.

All that shit aside, saying that 911 is sacred is just fucking creepy.

15. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

believe me, the thoughts crossed my mind.... but more along the lines of sweden or something...