Mexico Deports Hundreds of American Illegal-Aliens Back to the U.S.

TheoHuxtab|e

POT KETTLE BLACK

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Authorities closed three rehabilitation centers in northern Mexico this week and deported hundreds of U.S. teenagers sent there for treatment of drug, alcohol or behavior problems, immigration officials said on Saturday.

Authorities shut the three centers in the Baja California towns of Ensenada and Rosarito on Friday and began deporting 590 youths, many of whom were in Mexico illegally.

A man who answered the phone at one of the centers identified by the immigration officials, the House of Hope Academy in the Pacific coastal town of Ensenada, refused to comment.

The other two centers could not be immediately identified and contacted for comment.

Mexico investigated the centers after complaints of maltreatment, and found the youths had entered Mexico as tourists, not residents of treatment programs, the National Immigration Institute said.

Immigration officials also said at least one of the centers was run by an American who had also entered on a tourist visa and had no legal right to run a business in Mexico.

"Seventy-five percent of the undocumented Americans have left the country. The rest will stay in the care of the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana until their parents are contacted," said Raul Zarate, spokesman for the immigration institute.

The youths were residents at the centers, which treat behavioral problems, drug and alcohol abuse, the Mexican authorities said.

The immigration institute said in a statement the centers had been closed temporarily by the state health ministry after patients complained of physical and psychological abuses.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

This, along with the brazillian law to photograph all americans that enter the country via plane and the security toughened canadian borders could be translated as ' a taste of your own medicine'...the world grows unfond of the us...kerry is a flaming pussy but i'm just sayin...;)

Not a problem

Mexico has every right to kick illegal aliens of any nationality out of their country. Every single country of the world requires foreign visitors to have a visa, or at the very least, an entry permit. Mexico regularly kicks out illegal aliens from Guatemala and other Central American and South American countries out of Mexico, because they have no passport, no innoculation certificates, no visa and no permission to be in Mexico. It's a serious offense there, too, not like here, where basically the illegal aliens get a scolding and a free ride back home.

But of course, if the U.S. boots out illegal aliens from Mexico, suddenly it's a big problem---and I can sure understand why---those illegal aliens are sending millions and millions of dollars home to their families.

The only reason the Mexican government would bother kicking rehabilitation patients out of Mexico is that the rehabilitation center did not pay it's bribe to the proper Government officials. It's probably a lot cheaper to operate a treatment center down there, and there would be no government agencies breathing down your neck, bitching about patient rights, etc. Up here, some teenaged drug user psycho is used to cussing out the rehabilitation staff and acting like a little bitch with impunity. Down in Mexico, if you cuss out a psych tech you probably get your ass thumped good and then locked into Seclusion for a week until you decide to change your fucking attitude. You don't disrespect an adult in Mexico and expect to not get your ass kicked.

Here in the U.S., many teenagers are under the mistaken illusion that they are Billy Bad Asses who can defy adult authority. And that isn't true, even here, it's just that instead of bitch-slapping the shit out of a insolent little punk, we just let him waste his whole adolescence going from one treatment center to another, from one juvenile lock-up to another, until he finally wakes the fuck up. In Mexico, the process takes a couple of weeks. Up here, the process takes several years because our precious little babies can't be manhandled. I guess it's better that they spend years of their life in a "treatment center" than to be given a reality check the first time they talk shit to an adult. You can thank the fucking liberal assholes who run our schools and mental health care system for that.

There are lots of people who are genuinely mentally ill, but for every genuinely mentally ill person I see, I probably see twenty who are just immature, entitled, spoiled-rotten kids whose parents are too lazy and too uncaring to discipline them. No wonder they're so fucked up.

You know what my number one problem as an adolescent psych nurse is? Many of my patients do not want to leave the hospital and return back home. It sounds crazy, but it's the truth. We receive phone calls almost every day from kids that were discharged who want to talk to us, tell us how they're doing, tell us that they are doing well in school. They often don't seem to realize that the people they knew here while they were admitted (the other patients) are gone now. They ask "How's Bobby? How's Jennifer?" And Bobby and Jennifer have been gone home, or to placement, or back to Juvenile Detention weeks ago.

I need to find another way to make a living. I am burned out dealing with fucked up, oppositional, spoiled-rotten little punks, no shit.

Re: Not a problem

Originally posted by KaBar2

isnt that the truth. maybe you should just move to mexico do to your same job.

as for deporting americans "go back to your own damn country!"

there are illegal americans at home(nicaragua) as well, but there arent any youth treatment places there(that i know of), most u.s. illegals are either drug runners, drug addicts(apparently cocaine is cheap there, i wouldnt know for sure though), or just outlaws.

Guest KING BLING

Down in Mexico, if you cuss out a psych tech you probably get your ass thumped good and then locked into Seclusion for a week until you decide to change your fucking attitude. You don't disrespect an adult in Mexico and expect to not get your ass kicked.

instead of bitch-slapping the shit out of a insolent little punk, we just let him waste his whole adolescence going from one treatment center to another, from one juvenile lock-up to another, until he finally wakes the fuck up.

So you think we should torture the little bastards to set them straight? Hell yeah, we should set there hair on fire if they don't finish dinner, and if they're not getting along with people tell them that there family died but that they can't go to the funeral because they're bad and you can sodomize them with broom sticks if they yell back at you and maybe you can tie them up and urinate on them if they get in a fight or attach electrodes to there genitals and tell them if they move it will shock them if they support Saddam...

Don't mess with Texas

I agree with kabar. When the parents have the money and/or are too lazy or just don't wanna deal with their bratty ass kids, they send them away. I hope those parents rott in fuckin hell for all eternity. Personal experience with a loved one having to go through this makes me angry and confused every time i hafta think about it. Why are parents these days just TOO FUCKIN LAZY to raise their own children? .. .. :mad:

People who are too fuckin lazy to raise children and deal with the bullshit that kids make u put up with sometimes DON'T NEED KIDS. How hard is that to grasp?

raising a child/children isn't an easy job. but what i think it comes down to is parents being selfish. too many parents are only concerned with themsevles and their kids take a backseat to the parents needs. it isn't something that happens over night. it boils down to laziness. the time that should have been spent guiding/molding/helping/disiplining a child was spent elsewhere. drug rehab or juvenile detention is the end product of this, and all to often prison/jail.

of course this isn't always the case. there are good parents that just have trouble with their kids. the difference is some never quit on them. like me, my folks had a lot of trouble with me, but they never quit. more than a few times i thought i had finally pushed them over the edge. not quitting is key.

I guess it's better that they spend years of their life in a "treatment center" than to be given a reality check the first time they talk shit to an adult. You can thank the fucking liberal assholes who run our schools and mental health care system for that.

I won't say there's no problem with parenting in America, but you do

understand how fucking stupid that sounds? At what point did we

devolve back into the "that animal is bigger so I have to respect it"

mindset? You don't think maybe some teachers are just assholes, maybe

some nurses are just abusive? Fuck that, Kabar. Pain should be used as

a teaching instrument sparingly at home, not by every douchebag with

an inferiority complex working for sub-par pay at a public facility.

Re: Re: Not a problem

Originally posted by S@T@N

I won't say there's no problem with parenting in America, but you do

understand how fucking stupid that sounds? At what point did we

devolve back into the "that animal is bigger so I have to respect it"

mindset? You don't think maybe some teachers are just assholes, maybe

some nurses are just abusive? Fuck that, Kabar. Pain should be used as

a teaching instrument sparingly at home, not by every douchebag with

an inferiority complex working for sub-par pay at a public facility.

http://maddox.xmission.com/beatkid1.jpg'>

http://maddox.xmission.com/beatkid4.jpg'>

Mexico has every right to kick illegal aliens of any nationality out of their country. Every single country of the world requires foreign visitors to have a visa, or at the very least, an entry permit. Mexico regularly kicks out illegal aliens from Guatemala and other Central American and South American countries out of Mexico, because they have no passport, no innoculation certificates, no visa and no permission to be in Mexico. It's a serious offense there, too, not like here, where basically the illegal aliens get a scolding and a free ride back home.

But of course, if the U.S. boots out illegal aliens from Mexico, suddenly it's a big problem---and I can sure understand why---those illegal aliens are sending millions and millions of dollars home to their families.

The only reason the Mexican government would bother kicking rehabilitation patients out of Mexico is that the rehabilitation center did not pay it's bribe to the proper Government officials. It's probably a lot cheaper to operate a treatment center down there, and there would be no government agencies breathing down your neck, bitching about patient rights, etc. Up here, some teenaged drug user psycho is used to cussing out the rehabilitation staff and acting like a little bitch with impunity. Down in Mexico, if you cuss out a psych tech you probably get your ass thumped good and then locked into Seclusion for a week until you decide to change your fucking attitude. You don't disrespect an adult in Mexico and expect to not get your ass kicked.

Here in the U.S., many teenagers are under the mistaken illusion that they are Billy Bad Asses who can defy adult authority. And that isn't true, even here, it's just that instead of bitch-slapping the shit out of a insolent little punk, we just let him waste his whole adolescence going from one treatment center to another, from one juvenile lock-up to another, until he finally wakes the fuck up. In Mexico, the process takes a couple of weeks. Up here, the process takes several years because our precious little babies can't be manhandled. I guess it's better that they spend years of their life in a "treatment center" than to be given a reality check the first time they talk shit to an adult. You can thank the fucking liberal assholes who run our schools and mental health care system for that.

There are lots of people who are genuinely mentally ill, but for every genuinely mentally ill person I see, I probably see twenty who are just immature, entitled, spoiled-rotten kids whose parents are too lazy and too uncaring to discipline them. No wonder they're so fucked up.

You know what my number one problem as an adolescent psych nurse is? Many of my patients do not want to leave the hospital and return back home. It sounds crazy, but it's the truth. We receive phone calls almost every day from kids that were discharged who want to talk to us, tell us how they're doing, tell us that they are doing well in school. They often don't seem to realize that the people they knew here while they were admitted (the other patients) are gone now. They ask "How's Bobby? How's Jennifer?" And Bobby and Jennifer have been gone home, or to placement, or back to Juvenile Detention weeks ago.

I need to find another way to make a living. I am burned out dealing with fucked up, oppositional, spoiled-rotten little punks, no shit.

Everytime you say something smart, you counter it with something stupid like this. You need to stop making generalizations and blaming everything on the government and liberal America. I've been in one of those places and I know people that have, also, and if anyone ran their lip they were locked in restraints or tranq'd. Don't tell me that a kid on 8 different medications that has been in a ward for months and months is just a whiny spoiled brat. Fuck that shit.

Edit: Do you beat your children? You seem imply that it is the right thing to do. If that's how you feel, then fuck you too.

I don't think people wind up in a rehabilitation center just because their parents are lazy, but it's pretty much true that the parents of the kids I see are not in the game, not at all. I have kids that have been in the hospital a month or two and their parents have not come to see them even once. Sometimes they refuse to bring them clothes. The STAFF has to provide the kid with clothes to wear. It's sad, and that's the truth.

We put up with tons of verbal abuse from our patients. Threats, cursing out the staff, all manner of misbehavior, stuff that I would not let pass for one second on the street. Obviously, we operate a psych hospital, so we can't be smacking people that talk shit. But the truth is, after we've made a few efforts at getting the verbally aggressive kid to put a plug in it and calm down, and he refuses, then we just wait a while and he will usually continue to escalate until such time as he becomes a threat to others or to the safety of the unit. And then we put him in Seclusion. If he goes in without violence, all is good. But if he decides he wants to fight, and tries to hurt people, then it usually requires a Special Team, which means four or five big ass psych techs are going to put him in the Seclusion Room one way or another. And if five can't do it, we sound another Special Team, until we get control of the situation. One way or another, he is definately going to be secluded. How much assistance required to get him there is up to him, but he is definately going, no if, ands, or buts. Sometimes people sent to Seclusion get medicated (usually Thorazine 50mg & Benadryl 50mg IM) but sometimes they go in unmedicated, especially if we suspect they "threw a code" trying to get medications. If somebody becomes violent, pretty much whatever they don't want is what they get, and whatever they do want, they will never get. We will not be intimidated, ever.

On the other hand, once they are in Seclusion and calmed down, I'm willing to discuss it. It's always a little amusing (but I never laugh) when I've got some aggressive, demanding, entitled, spoiled-rotten 125 lb. kid inside a seclusion room designed to hold a 300 lb. adult screaming "OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW YOU MOTHER FUCKER!" And I'm saying "Well, it looks like you aren't quite ready to come out yet, Bob, but when you are ready to talk in a reasonable tone of voice, you tell the psych tech, and he'll let me know. Until then, try to use your coping skills to deal with your feelings of anger and resentment." "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING BASTARD I"M GOING TO HAVE YOU KILLED, I'M GOING TO BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE, YOU JUST WAIT TIL I GET OUT OF HERE!" "Bob, think about it. Why would I agree to you coming out if you are having trouble controlling your anger? When you're ready, you let Mr. Smith here know, okay?" "OPEN THIS DOOR BITCH, I HAVE TO PISS!" "Sorry, Bob. You should have thought about that before you started throwing chairs." "I'LL PISS ON THE FLOOR, MOTHER FUCKER!" "Well, you're the one in there with it, Bob. Make your own decisions. If you can't control yourself, then society is going to have to help you. Believe this--if you urinate on the floor, you are going to be the one cleaning it up, "before you leave this seclusion room. Make your own decisions."

Most people figure this out within an hour or so. The longest we ever had anybody in Seclusion was 48 hours. He struck a nurse. After 48 hours of us arguing with the cops about coming to get him, he went from our Seclusion Room in handcuffs and leg irons to the Juvenile Detention Center to face charges for assault with bodily injury. The law is applied everywhere equally (supposedly,) including inside psychiatric hospitals. It's like "Hey, if you don't want to be here, then change your attitude and behavior, because you're not leaving as long as you don't change." Some people lie, and then revert when they hit home. Mom or Dad signs another Mental Health Warrant, and he comes straight back again. We had one kid that was home less than three hours. When he left he was all surly--"Fuck you bitches, I'm NEVER coming back here!" Three hours later, we were like, "Hey, Bob. Back again so soon?" He went home, refused to stay in the house, went to a friend's house to get high. An hour later, the cops showed up with a MHW, and back he came.

"OPEN THIS DOOR BITCH, I HAVE TO PISS!" "Sorry, Bob. You should have thought about that before you started throwing chairs."

"I'LL PISS ON THE FLOOR, MOTHER FUCKER!" "Well, you're the one in there with it, Bob.... Believe this--if you urinate on the floor, you are going to be the one cleaning it up, before you leave this seclusion room.

i fucking love it.

i know you have some bitchin' stories from your job. please share.

I would prefer it if you did not post stories about your patients on here. Don't you sign a contract that says you can't do that?

And if you think that a kid should have the shit smacked out of him to knock him straight, maybe you should look for another job. Why do you think they call it a mental ward? I love how as a psych nurse you think that you know all about these kid's families and history. Actually, no, I hate it because you are probably wrong about most of them.

I'm an American thats been deported from Mexico, I was told that if they caught me still there after 24 hours I would be put in jail for at least 1 month. So I stayed a few more days and left...I'll probably never go back.

On a side note - Mexican jails suck!

Destroya

My war stories from work are usually just sad and depressing. Once in a while something good happens. So far, I've taught several teenaged kids to read. I have a unit full of children with no father. Many of them have not only never seen their Dad, but sometimes the mother even tells them "I don't know who your father is." That's really fucking sad. I had one kid who was the product of incest--his grandfather was his biological father. I've had numerous kids who were sexually abused by fathers, step-fathers, brothers, cousins, mother's boyfriend and so on. Almost all the girls have a history of being raped and/or sexually abused by a male relative. Some of the boys too. Nationally, it's one out of four girls and one out of seven boys. I had one beautiful girl who was sexually abused from age seven to age sixteen by her father, her uncle and her brother, sometimes all three on the same night. I have had several kids that witnessed murders--Dad kills Mom, Mom kills Dad, brother kills grandfather--their homes and their family lives are just completely horrific.

A large number of my patients come from very low-income, gang-infested neighborhoods. They have seen many violent fights, drive-by shootings, stabbings, etc. One boy told the therapist that he had participated in 14 drive-by shootings before the age of 15. Numerous kids come in because they are overwhelmed by grief from multiple deaths--friends killed in shootings, killed in car wrecks, overdoses, suicides. Several of the boys on my unit have had their fathers killed in gang-related murders (the fathers got the mother pregnant when she was very young-13, 14, 15 years old, and the Dad was killed in his early 20's, still actively gangbanging with a young child or children at home.) Many of my patients have survived being shot or stabbed. One 14-year old kid had been shot three separate times--once by accident in the hand with a .22, once in the lower leg with a .25 and once in the chest with a .38 Special.

It's incomprehensible to me that these kids' parents would let this shit happen, that they would fail to control their children's lives, or fail to control their own lives. How does someone allow things to get this fucked up? It starts, I think, with a failure in the family. The family structure is not sound. The parents are too young, or they are using drugs and alcohol. They are gone from the house all the time. They are not able to assert good control over their children. They have no authority, or maybe they just don't give a shit. I don't know.

I do know this, though. These kids are DESPERATE for someone to step in and get control. They crave rules and order and predictability in their lives. They are crying out for somebody, ANYbody to set some limits, to establish some rules, to give them some identity. WHO AM I? WHERE DO I FIT IN? WHAT GROUP DO I BELONG TO? WHO'S THE BOSS?

That's why they join gangs. Status, protection, money, order, rules, predictability, respect. All these things are SUPPOSED TO COME FROM FAMILY. Since most of them have no family (not really) to care for them, then we try to establish a safe, therapuetic, predictable, orderly environment inside the hospital. And rule number one is "I am the Charge Nurse, and I run this unit." Everybody on it, staff included, will follow the rules. Anybody that breaks the rules will get consequences. That's the way it is, and that's the way it will always be. If I have a staff member, or a parent, who causes a problem, they are going to be put off my unit, even if I have to call hospital security. The patients, being ill, have more of a choice. There will be times when they do okay, and there will be times when they do less okay. But they will remain safe, or they will be secluded, because I will not tolerate anybody's violent behavior.

fermentor666

No, I do not keep changing my story. It's the same story, but what changes is my ability to deal with it. Trying to deal with these kids is extremely stressful. There are times when the shit they are dealing with makes me want to cry. There are times when they piss me off completely. Sometimes, it's the exact same kid, from hour to hour.

Depression is not just about being sad. In teenagers, the symptoms often include anger, irritability, lability of mood (mood swings), opposition, aggression, defiance, suicidality and so on. And that's just the depressed kids. I also have to deal with the ADHD kids, the Conduct Disorder kids, Bipolar, schizophrenic, schizoaffective, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, mental retardation, substance abuse, Borderline Behavior Disorder and so on and so on. It can really be difficult sometimes.

There are two types of psychiatric symptoms--ego-dystonic, and ego-syntonic.

Ego-dystonic symptoms are experienced by the patient as very troubling. They feel awful, they want help. They usually get better.

But with ego-syntonic symptoms, the patient CANNOT UNDERSTAND THAT HE IS ILL. He thinks "there's nothing wrong with me!" and "It's all you people, all you parents and teachers and cops, YOU'RE the ones with the problem! Not ME!" These are the ones that usually wind up in the state penitentiary. 40% of the inmates in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) are on psychiatric medications.

I agree with kabar on some aspects, honestly a lot of kids these days need to get their asses beat, but child abuse and shit like that scare parents off, when i have a child you better beleive ill keep a belt hanging by the door, why? because if you dont slap the shit out of your kids when they steal a candybar then they think they get away with it, beat em and then make them go back to the store and pay for the candybar, that makes a man.

it's not about being liberal or conservative, it's about being a parent, and parents dont let kids runs shit.