Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Mexican Professional Wrestling--WLLW

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar2, Oct 4, 2004.

1. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

This weekend a friend of mine who is a retired professional wrestler hired me to work with the crew on a WLLW wrestling series. I have never seen anything so crazy in my life! There were two shows--one at a Mexican rodeo arena here in Houston (Arena San Miguel,) and one at a huge Mexican nightclub, the Club Carnaval.

The WLLW (World Lucha Libre Wrestling) is a sort of Tex-Mex copy of the WWF, with all the same kinds of crazy bullshit--grudge matches, tag-team matches, midgets, huge fat guys, guys in costume like Spiderman, Shrek, El Felino (The Cat), and so on. It was one wild ass weekend.

I'm not a big fan of professional wrestling, but I have to admit, they are superb athletes, even if they don't look like it. I have never seen such crazy ass stunts in my life.

We put up and struck the ring twice, once at Arena San Miguel and again on Sunday at Club Carnaval. I'm beat. Every muscle in my body is killing me.

I learned a lot about professional video this weekend, too. They were using Canon XL-1 and XL-1-S camcorders, plus a couple of Sonys on tripods. The cameras fed to a switcher, then a master tape, then to a huge video screen. The DV was rockin'. I tended cables for one of the video guys shooting from ringside. We almost got knocked on our asses several times by flying wrestlers. Those guys are fucking CRAZY.

Anyway--it was a cool weekend. And I made $150.

2. TuffKid

TuffKid Senior Member

i catch that shit every weekend on galavision...

3. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

4. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

did they have midgets?
    midget wrestling is the grey-test

5. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

6. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

That's The Boys, All Right! ^^^

Yeah, they did have midgets--a crew called "Los Minis." One of them wasn't a real midget, though, he just looked like a very short regular guy. He was dressed up like a pirate and went by the wrestling name "Morgan." For some reason lost to me (all the shouting and screaming was conducted in rapid-fire machinegun Spanish, so I missed a lot of it) "los Minis" have an on-going feud with a big, huge fat guy (we're talking 450, easy) named Super Porky. Super Porky and his brother (also a big huge fat guy, but smaller than Super Porky) would get into these screaming matcvhes with Los Minis at every opportunity. Whenever Super Porky would draw a match with Morgan or one of the other Los Minis, there would always be these grotesque arguments, and all the Minis would come running out into the arena and jump into the ring, a la the Keystone Kops, and inevitably they would attack Super Porky and his brother with whatever was handy. They smacked both S.P. and his bro with some sort of broken crockery deal (it looked like a half of a plate) and both Super Porky and his brother were bleeding all over the place.
    Several times Super Porky and other members of the entourage would grab up a midget and HEAVE his ass out of the ring, a couple of times right into the ringside seats.
    And that doesn't even cover Spiderman vs. the Blue Devil, El Felino (the Cat) vs. Mascara (mask), Shrek and a bunch more. It was a fucking trip, for real.

7. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

"El Santo" (Obviously not the original) is supposed to be wrestling at the halloween match up, which more then likely i will be attending. The last Lucha Va Voom that i went to was quite a while ago, but the midget wrestler's took on the burlesque dancers, which was fun to watch.

8. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

kabar, your life is just filled with the most bizarre shit.

i say that with envy and admiration.

9. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

10. JUDONO?

JUDONO? Senior Member

La Parka owns you fags!!!

Hey I wanna see some pics.

11. destroya

destroya Senior Member

YES!

i sat here for ten minutes in the school library trying to remember that guy's name.

him and psychosis wrecked shit.

12. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

13. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

iquit

You know, I never really appreciated just how wacky my life really is until pretty late in the game. I don't even consider it to be all that bizarre, but my co-workers are beginning to think I'm an eccentric. One of the problems I have is that I don't fit cleanly into any one group, so just about every social faction has some major problem with the way I see things.

BTW, the midget wrestlers all had regular-sized girlfriends who were not "little people." (Maybe they were groupies---I'm not sure.) After the show they were all loading on the tour bus (like a rock band) with these young women who were dressed to the nines in sort of Mexican-chick cocktail dresses, high heels, jewelry, etc. Apparently it's all part of the wrestling mystique. The wrestlers are definately into living the high life--it's like "live for today." Black Jack won't do--it's gotta be Chivas. Shit like that. And believe this shit ---one of those little fuckers could kick the ever-loving shit out of any five guys in a bar fight. They are strong as a motherfucker, and super agile. The full-sized wrestlers would like body-slam the shit out of the midgets, and they'd bounce up off that mat and climb the guy like a pissed-off little spider monkey. It was fucking scary to watch.