meteor shower

ubejinxed

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/11/18/leonids.meteors/index.html

One of the most celebrated meteor showers will peak early Tuesday over Europe and North America, sending hundreds or thousands of fireballs streaking through the atmosphere each hour.

The annual meteor shower takes place every November when the Earth passes through a debris trail left by Comet Tempel-Tuttle, which sheds material as it swings near the sun every 33 years.

The first cloud will spark a flurry of meteors that peaks over Europe around 4 a.m. GMT Tuesday (11 p.m. ET Monday), according to NASA.

Unlike the 2001 show, the 2002 edition will feature an unwelcome guest, the full moon, which is expected to wash out many fainter meteors.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Pilau Hands

Yeah I went out to see that last year. It was this cold then too, and I couldn't stay out for more than a half an hour. Maybe this year I'll have company.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Rather shitty... I heard last year's was much better, I'm really pissed I didn't see that one.

We rolled down to the beach like 50-deep, made a gigantic bonfire, did flips over it, and drank Miller High Life from like 12:30 AM to 6:00 AM. Saw plenty shooting stars, but very few meteors, and only one made me shit my pants. It was fucking large, and the blue streak stayed on for like 5 minutes. And the fucking news saying it was gonna be more of a meteor STORM than a shower, bleh. I certainly had fun, but I don't know if it was worth my sore neck. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by ubejinxed

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/11/18/leonids.meteors/index.html

One of the most celebrated meteor showers will peak early Tuesday over Europe and North America, sending hundreds or thousands of fireballs streaking through the atmosphere each hour.

The annual meteor shower takes place every November when the Earth passes through a debris trail left by Comet Tempel-Tuttle, which sheds material as it swings near the sun every 33 years.

The first cloud will spark a flurry of meteors that peaks over Europe around 4 a.m. GMT Tuesday (11 p.m. ET Monday), according to NASA.

Unlike the 2001 show, the 2002 edition will feature an unwelcome guest, the full moon, which is expected to wash out many fainter meteors.

i thought it was once every 54 years? and i was out all night last night till like 4 in the morning and i only saw 2. fucking cheap shit. i was cheated.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Rather shitty... I heard last year's was much better, I'm really pissed I didn't see that one.

We rolled down to the beach like 50-deep, made a gigantic bonfire, did flips over it, and drank Miller High Life from like 12:30 AM to 6:00 AM. Saw plenty shooting stars, but very few meteors, and only one made me shit my pants. It was fucking large, and the blue streak stayed on for like 5 minutes. And the fucking news saying it was gonna be more of a meteor STORM than a shower, bleh. I certainly had fun, but I don't know if it was worth my sore neck. Beer,

El Mamerro

this is rather shitty to you??? this sounds like a dream come true to me. too bad its rare that i even see a single star on any given night in this fuckin city.

Archived