METAL HEADS UNITE!!!

HateKillDestroy

Does anyone on here listen to metal? I hope there are some cool metal kids. Anything from Maiden to Cannibal Corpse to Dark Throne, lets talk about it suckaz. What bands do you kids listen to? Are any of you in bands?

Slayer is coming to my town soon, with Mastodon. It would be a great show, but I refuse to attend it because the skinhead to fan ratio will be 11:1. I saw Converge a few weeks ago. Fucking amazing. They fucking rule and if you haven't heard them go buy the cd Jane Doe and fall in love. I think Killers is one of the best Iron Maiden albums, they were way more badass back during that era, long before Bruce Dickenson. I wish there was some way I could post Motley Crue's song "Livewire" on here, cause that song is fucking rad. Sorry guys im bored and high.

This thread will probably fail and die like most things in my life, but I can't say I didn't try.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to hang out with Obituary, mainly Trevor, but I hung with all of them and James Murphy (from Death) gave me about 3 guitar lessons a couple years before he joined Obit and then got kicked out and sent home from the 2nd Euro tour... Anyway, I like a bunch of that music, but it's late and I'm tired and since the link in your other thread about R.Kelly takes so long to load I'm gonna delete it... good luck with your Metal Thread...

Oh, and another thing... there was a time when all the Otown skins wanted to kill me (not sure why) and the Saints from Tampa/St. Pete weren't real keen on me but I never let that stop me from going to shows... I remember standing in the middle of an empty 'pit' at Ministry's Land of Rape and Honey show, surrounded and unchallenged...

Don't be such a pussy!

I dig metal. Not as much as punk though. I'm still trying to understand this "hardcore" stuff. My bro listens to alot of straightedge hardcore so I'm thinking, Hmm... this is like old youthcore or posicore. Then I went to this show last night. Me and my bro we didn't know who was playing so we decided to check it out. My bro saw a band he really wanted to see, some Misery something or other. And there was Every time I Die or some shit. And there was Dillenger Escape Plan. I was thinking Dillenger Escape Plan was their old poppy punk selves. Little did I know about this whole scene.

We missed the Misery Something or Other that my bro wanted to see..... we came in time for this Every time I Die or some shit. It was pretty jamming. Still not sure what it was about. Then these ninjas fly outta no where and make me spill my beer. Then they are flailing their arms and doing spin kicks and cartwheels and shit. I'm like, oh, so this is that newfangled hardcore dancing shit. What the fuck are they trying to beat each other up? So I'm looking out like whoa, what the fuck is up? Then I realized it's like an organized mosh pit. These kids would man their stations and attack some ghost. I'm like what the fuck do these kids dance like this to Dillenger Escape Plan? Someone said "yeah". I'm like wtf.

When Dillenger Escape Plan came up and started playing that really threw me a curve cause they were playing his hardcore stuff and refused to play their old stuff. And the kids are fucking doing this hardcore ninja shit. I played regulator cause I don't much like this new ninja shit. So when I saw some kids wileing out I would mosh them up. Haha... it was fun. These puny kids could not even hurt me but they sure can beat up some ghosts. So I'm slamming fools and throwing them around.... Walking right into their spin kicks and punches and shit and laughing my ass off. My bro just stood around and complained about fashioncore kids. I drank alot of beer and danced and moshed.... I even did a little of that hardcore dancing shit. But mostly I was having fun knocking these kids around and drinking guinnes. Or however the fuck you spell that. I was a fighting Irish catholic that night for JFK.

We had intended to go to a protest but by the time we got there, there was noone their so we were like fuck it lets see whats going on. And that was our night. First time we went out anywhere in months.

Yay. End of story.

villain....

that was hands down the best damn concert story i have ever read... :golf clap:

sugar ray...pre lemonade and brownies..speed metal..before they got buttfucked by the record companies.

never listened to much metal groing up... i listened to alot of local punk bands ...ran around with some of the local tribes..beat up and got beaten up by skinheads..

slayer is good

its hard to define whats metal anymore sadly.

the hell was my point?

i enjoy digital hardcore alot....oh so many bands other than atari teenage riot and alec empire..

plifle....mein got..moooo

Guest amorphic

-Children of Bodom

-Hammerfall

-Cradle of Filth

-Bathory...influenced MOST of todays blackmetal if not all of it...oldschool nordic viking type shit...check it out.

-Emperor

-Hellspawn

-Manowar... hahaha YES

-Dimmu Borgir

and of course.... VENOM

-Kovenant's older stuff

I still refuse to accept Cannibal Corpse after Chris Barnes left. Cryptopsy is fucking awesome and I would love to see Goat Whore and Napalm Death with them. New Slayer sucks, but I would go see them just to hear the few old songs that they would probably play.

Haha Horse the band is pretty cool, I watched a couple of their live videos it was rad. Does anyone listen to Arsis or Origin? Two fucking awesome bands right there. OF course who could forget Nile, that band is so fucking awesome. I used to have the Beneath The Remains tape, but this fucker stole it from me. That album is so fucking good.

And about the whole hardcore dancing thing. Its supposed to be about taking out your aggression against, nothing. So its like positive aggression and shit. It was funny we were at a Terror show (tough guy hardcore) and the singer got done talking about positive aggression and then 3 girls got into a fight.

Originally posted by High Priest+Nov 5 2004, 08:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (High Priest - Nov 5 2004, 08:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CRAMPS@Nov 5 2004, 08:13 AM

HOW DOES THIS BAN HIM?

you vaginal belch.

cryptopsy rules..im seeing cannibal corpse this monday with napalm death macabre and goat whore.

slayer as well.. many sick shows acUmmin

House of blue's?

[/b]

we dont have a house of blues here in colorado if your asking that.

slayers at the filmore(this place is HUGE), cannibal corpse is at the ogden ampatheater-nice size place (MY band is also playing the ogden in december...sooo stoked!!)

and cryptopsy is playing somewhere in denver but they haven annouced where yet. thats in march.yay

Originally posted by Smart@Nov 5 2004, 10:06 AM

I used to hang out with Obituary, mainly Trevor, but I hung with all of them and James Murphy (from Death)

hahahhaah! as a teenager i couldnt wake up for school unless

i blasted

Obituary

Death

old ME-tallee-caaaa

Slayer

Napalm Death

Sabbath!! (nothing like getting shitfaced sunday morning)

ozzy/rhodes

Morbid Angel

Motorhead

Maiden

and tons of underground shit you wouldnt have heard of.

fuck i feel old, cant remember all the shit.

dont listen to metal enough these days.

Suicidal T's...i dont care they were the shit.

Napalm Death, Goatwhore, and Cattle Decapitation played here on the 27th. i'd say that was THE best show i've ever been to. limited gay hardcore slamdancing, lots of moshing, badass bands. Goatwhore stickers 3 for a dollar. fuckin metal :skull2: heh.. anyway, i love metal.

some bands i like especially well (besides those mentioned above):

-Sodom (listening to Til Death Do Us Unite as I type)

-Dimmu Borgir

-Gorgoroth

-Venom

-Maiden

-Morbid Angel (older)

-Bloodbath

-Slayer

-Mayhem

-Nokturnal Mortum

-Soilent Green

-Wormed

and since this is a metal thread, here's a link to a great black metal index on the interweb

Myrrthronth Black Metal Index

it's a german website, but the index is all in english

Your hips are swaying

and your eyes are saying

that you need two gamblers

for this game you’re playing,

and I might want you,

but I don’t need you

and you won’t sleep in my bed anymore.

It seemed a dead-end.

seven years after seven to sing for this country

instead of raven or venom,

cuz your God was dead then

and he’s never been back again,

and I don’t think about it anymore, yeah,

it’s a gamble when your fingers burn

from the last time that you flew and bled

and the shadows that you walk around

will still be there when the sun goes down.

venus fly trap, 20 years now,

and the chance just as fat

as a union bureaucrat

that the life you wanna live

ain’t the one you’re looking at.

there’s more risk in a brain cell

than any vegas hotel and

you can’t find the pit-boss anywhere.

Hell yah....cattlt decap is pretty fukn brute force..ive been listenin to alot of metal lately..alot of dimmu borgir.venom.of course mad grind..one of my faves is this canadian band called Dahmer...crazy shit..i like the spazz,proppers to the union mob..cryptopsy,agorophobic nosebleed,exruciating terror,ex noise terror,my friend keeps playing this nightwish shit-i dont know about that shit though..a little too cutesy for me..HOLY DIVER ONE...MSY