messenger bags

GamblersGrin

i got a new job and would like to indulge in a new, nicer one than what i am currently using. i know some of you folks here utilize such items. i seen one on the manhattan portage site that i was interested in.

do you know of any companies that offer nice, sturdy ones besides manhattan portage, brokklyn industries, and that awful timbuk2 company?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

tons of companies.

there are a whole lot of small companies that are just a guy in his living room, that offer tons of custom options. go with one of those, you'll be able to get all the features you want, and have a bag that nobody else does.

i dont remember any of their names so do a google search.

i realize i'm gonna sound like a herb by admitting this but i got my messenger bag at the gap 4 years ago and it's still holding up really well. i'm definitely not feeling the whole bike messenger "look" but for carrying paint they're way better than backpacks. first of all you look less suspicious cause you look more like a fruity hipster and less like some wiggerelli walking around with an ecko backpack or some shit. second, messenger bags can shave a few seconds off your getaway time if you need to run for it. you can keep all the cans in the bag right in front of you without needing to take the bag off...which isn't happening with a backpack. i resisted buying one for years because of the homo factor but one of the times i got chased out of a yard my messenger bag was probly the difference between getting caught and getting away.

Timbuk2 and Manhattan Portage is same exact shit. Nothing's mediocre quality. I like the layout of Timbuk2 more. That spot for my taillight has become the dumbest yet most useful thing ever. All the features Pac offers minus the "X-strap." Neither offering a spot for my U-Lock is silly.

I couldnt see myself buying a pac. $170 so my bag can have a shoulder strap pad sewn on is too much for me. Same with reload. $30 a color, minimum 4 billion colors, I says no.

Yeah I got the timbuk2 large bag. It holds 20 cans easy. I put my tenatious terrier in it. Best bag I have. I wish I had the medium on some missions though.

You just said you carry your dog in a messenger bag. Hah! My dog's not exactly travel sized

weim1105.jpg

(Picture used to convey breed and size, actual dog may vary)

Bailey Works are really nice and very well made.

He'll do customs and has many fresh colors.

When you call there Bailey answers the phone himself.

He keeps it real.

ReLoad would be next. Roland is real cool and if you want to support the culture that brought us those bags, this is the choice.

PAC is the be all end all of the work bags. Also expensive as a bag with that much forethought and features should be.

Timbuk2, Chrome, Freight and Mantattan are okay but do not fit as well. You get what you pay for.

Good luck.