message board acceptance

seeking

maybe i'm the only person in the history of humanity that has considered this, but....

when i go to a new message board, which is incredibly infrequent, it seems like people are pretty hesitant to acknowledge new people. maybe it's something i'm just totally overlooking, since it doesnt apply to me here, it but doesn't really seem to happen on 12oz. there are plenty of times when someone will come on here, and within the first few days already be an active, accepted part of discussion. they don't have to spam to get noticed, or post some outlandish shit, but just by adding their little .02, people just include them.

of course i could be totally wrong, i mean fact of the matter is that i'm basically 'the man' here, and because of this, i'm pretty out of touch with the 'common folk' that scramble around like mice, fighting for my discussionary scraps. i need people like glik0 to keep me abreast as to what's 'really' going on (cue congo's.)

what's my point? my point is that it seems like we're alot nicer than most boards, alot less pretentious, and alot more accepting of outsiders. maybe it's just because we're all bored here, so any 'fresh face' is potentially a relief from that boredom, who knows.

anyway, just something i had thought of a while ago.

which brings me to another thread idea that perhaps i'll start in a little bit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're 'the man' in the same way a burger king manager is 'the man'.

and the real difference between 12oz and the rest of the internerd....

We actually form complete sentences and appreciate the effort that people put into being coherent.

most places in net-land do not.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

I jsut added my .2

wait wait wait, you got 20 cents? thats fucked up

but on the real, i do notice this. Until someone new posts something super stupid or does something that is just outlandish, they are for the most part accepted. I have been to few other boards, but feel that the acceptance aint there.

Originally posted by seeking

my point is that it seems like we're alot nicer than most boards, alot less pretentious, and alot more accepting of outsiders.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

of all the boards i ve been on(probally about 4)

this is the most unaccepting. this place is a shit storm of trash talk...it seems to be growing on me through.....

now that i think about i just wanna say:

FUCK GRAFFITI AND ALL OF YOU.

ever scince i have started back up this shit has been consuming my fucking life! for some reason i now talk a lot more shit than i used to and i can't walk around the streets with out plotting my next bombing route. this shit is art...but its also a fucking disease, but i cant fucking stop. FUCK

Originally posted by onesecondple

wait wait wait, you got 20 cents? thats fucked up

but on the real, i do notice this. Until someone new posts something super stupid or does something that is just outlandish, they are for the most part accepted. I have been to few other boards, but feel that the acceptance aint there.

yeah i dont give .02, i give .20 all the time.

Originally posted by Devilush

apparently, i'm nice to everyone.

well except for that one person and the death threats.

did they ever publicly reveal who messed with your accounts?

Originally posted by <KEY3>

well except for that one person and the death threats.

did they ever publicly reveal who messed with your accounts?

well except for that one person. really, just dont fuck with me is all i ask. my anger really gets out of hand and one day i just might kill someone. :hatred: :innocent:

and no. :( :hatred:

Re: Re: message board acceptance

Originally posted by 8onus

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is the most unaccepting. this place is a shit storm of trash talk...

That Combination of sentences made me laugh really hard... Did anybody else get that or am I just a fuckhead?

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

It's funny to see people who were penises to me when I first came on here be not penises now. But don't think I've forgotten. Oh, don't you dare think I've forgotten.....

i know i was, some how, because i registered 2 years after you, but damn was i a jerk to you, and for that i am sorry

Guest imported_Europe

Funny how all the newbies seem to fit right in to the retardness going on.

When are new euros, africans, latin-americans or asians gonna come?

i think key3 has a homoerotic crush on me.

sorry homie, i like broads. ;)

maybe it's because there is such a wide array of topics in ch zero, so people are open to hearing a ton of different view points, and will take a second to atleast begin to read everything that's posted. i've been to some boards where fools just had no interest in hearing anything from anyone outside of their e-friends.

at the same time, i know it's very hard to 'break into' someplace that's filled with a million inside jokes and cross references, but it also seems like so many new ones are born everyday here, that after a week, you can pretty much be up to speed.

exactly (not the crush part)

it's really easy to get into the inside jokes

or even set them up yourself. If shit is funny,

it will stick. I rememeber when PoopManBob

was brand new here, and look at how that cat

has gone on to bring serious amounts of funk.

If you bring quality, and arent the typical e-thug,

most of the users that stick around here will notice.

sorry seeks.... If I had a man crush on 12oz... it would be on PostingMadBitches

(I kid, I kid... no homo)

Originally posted by <KEY3>

and the real difference between 12oz and the rest of the internerd....

We actually form complete sentences and appreciate the effort that people put into being coherent.

most places in net-land do not.

Well, for the most part...

It's terrible how many people don't believe that the way they type is a reflection of their intelligence.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Well, I have one number for you

Motherfuckers.

*shudder

I'm so e-jealous of your score on a test that predicts nothing but chances of success in school...

Gardnersmultipleintelligencesandwhat

;)

I think that a lot of 12ozers tend to have an outsider streak... and so outsiders are accepted pretty quick, because, well, theyre outsiders, and so are we, and, yeah, etc. etc. etc. etc.

http://www.almac.co.uk/personal/timw/books/etranger.jpg'>

No but all stupidity aside, on any forum, if you don't act like a dick or a dumbass and have something useful to say, people won't shun you immediately. As long as you're bringing something to the place, and not just asking dumb questions all the time, theres no reason for you to get cold shoulder.

By no means would I say I'm in the 12oz inner circle, but if you listen, research and think before you post, odds are that you'll be accepted a lot more quickly.

Originally posted by bathoræ

*shudder

I'm so e-jealous of your score on a test that predicts nothing but chances of success in school...

Gardnersmultipleintelligencesandwhat

;)

he isnt talkin about a test. I think he is talkin about 160, the person.....

^ yeas....... more like a cafeteria with assorted 'status tables'.

We got the nerd, the alphas, the wierdos.... andthose people who wander around sitting with everyone and making deals for french fries.

Archived