Mesh Hats....

Hank Parker

Okay so now I hear that you can actually buy mesh hats at american eagle? You know, the same ones that are 25 cents in thrift stores, but you're probably gonna pay $20 for at that store. Fuck MTV, they outfit every fuckin person they put on the air w/a mesh hat cause "it's the thing to do".(To tell you the truth, I don't even have cable, and would never watch MTV in the first place) This is becoming so rediculous w/these things. Everyone who just started wearing a mesh hat can go to hell. I never even wear any of mine out of my vast collection for fear of some doof saying "hey, just like that one guy on MTV!". Fuck everybody.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest sneak

pah, fuck that, i dont care what yall say.

anyway, it hasnt got to a bad stage in the uk yet...not many heads wear them

That happens to everything....my friend Ryan was wearing mesh hats and shopping at thrift stores years before everyone else, including myself, was. This was when nobody thought it was cool, they all thought he was poor or homeless. But he was a visionary my friends, and now children all over the world rejoice and bask in the na....well, you get the point.

Originally posted by Ken Barlow

That happens to everything....my friend Ryan was wearing mesh hats and shopping at thrift stores years before everyone else, including myself, was. This was when nobody thought it was cool, they all thought he was poor or homeless.

i dont do either of those things and people still think im poor and homeless

The thing about trends and over exposure to a 'fashion' statement is, if you do it correctly... those who know the difference will know the difference. You know what I mean? Why would you care what someone says to you if you knew you were rocking the cap years ago? Smile and say 'yea... just like Justin Timberlake wears... ya got me!' Why change who you are and what you wear because joe-blow wears the played down version? Get over your fears of what others think and be the player you are. Do it right and keep ahead of the norm...

Ah, yes.... the typical "I can't believe MTV bit something off me because I started rockin' it first" rant.... it was bound to happen. That's fashion for ya. When it gets famous it gets knocked off. Get over it!

Also, I'm feeling Justin Timberlake's new music with all those Neptunes beats.

Originally posted by Ken Barlow

That happens to everything....my friend Ryan was wearing mesh hats and shopping at thrift stores years before everyone else, including myself, was. This was when nobody thought it was cool, they all thought he was poor or homeless. But he was a visionary my friends, and now children all over the world rejoice and bask in the na....well, you get the point.

yeah...everyone has the friend that was doing things before they were cool...whatever...my grandpa wore mesh hats...a lot of southern heads have rocked them "when nobody thought it was cool" ...to me they're more comfy..the mesh makes things refreshing on my head

i usually wear a beanie, but i got a mesh hat that used to be my dads like fiteen years ago or something that he never wore its nice in that funny trucker kinda way. and yeah whomever said it, they are fun to paint on.

things that used to be really quirky/funny joke fodder before they were ruined by terrorism or mass media:

mesh hats (wearing them while drinking especially)

patriotism

flip flops

weezer

electro

punk rock

and a bonus:

the fuckin cartoon "doug." when that shit was on nickelodeon it was top shit, they moved it to abc and the bottom dropped out...

i think rather than "doing your own thing" and still wearing the hat....or not wearing it out of fear of being compared with some dipshit off mtv...you should turn your attention to that wonderful word called "MURDER" and all that it can do for you. just start shooting people in the face. they really dont even need to be wearing mesh hats, but it couldnt hurt. kill.

I'm the type of person who doesn't really care what the general public thinks of me. My mom always calls me a "slob". But I hate ignorance and stupid ass people. So I stray away cause I don't wanna hear anyones jabber. I will still cherish my Stil chainsaw camo hat, and my red/white CP Rail meshie I stole from some train convention.

Just Wear Whatever You Want

And fuck everybody else's opinion. Wear what you want. Who cares if it finally caught on with the lame ass people in Hollywood, or MTV or whatever, none of that matters one bit.

The only caution I would make is to be careful you don't accidentally send the wrong message. For instance, I've carried around red bandanas for YEARS (since the late '50s) because I live in fucking Texas and it is hot and humid as a motherfucker down here. The weather makes you sweat like a pig.

But gangbangers started using bandanas and shit to fly their colors about twenty years ago, so now I must admit I give it a little thought. I wouldn't wear a bandana if I was driving through the 5th Ward, for instance, for fear some brain-damaged moron high on wet would shoot me with his nine, thinking I was a really old O.G. or something. LOL.

Back in the day, people my age made fun of me for carrying around a bandana. I didn't care then, and I still don't. Fuck them. I wear overalls too. So what? I've been wearing overalls since the mid-Sixties, why would anybody else give a shit?

Dress in clothes from the Thrift Store or clothes from Niemann-Marcus, whatever. Anybody that says anything about it, or even cares about what you wear or don't wear is totally out of line. Ignore them. They're morons. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Archived