1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MERE TD4 interview/flix -nyc graffiti

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by ILYSH, Jan 22, 2002.

1. ILYSH

ILYSH 12oz Member

MERE TD4 interview/flix -nyc graffiti

Discussion started by ILYSH - Jan 22, 2002

iNTERVIEWN WAS COPIED AND PASTED FROM A HIP-HOP WEBSITE
    Name: Meres td4 crew

What types of media do you use?
    On walls i keep it aerosol. When it comes to canvases or blackbooks then pretty much anything goes. I use everything from acrylic to paint markers to pastels to calouge to color pencils.

How did u get into grafin?
    back in the day i would see graf around the way but it wasnt till i saw a friend or two of mine doin it that i took a real interest to it. Never did i think that it would become such a big part of my life.

Been graffin for how long?
    Well ive been graffin for 15 yrs now (taggin and workin on letters),and ive been piecin on walls since 94.

Do u remember your first tag?
    when, where, how?
    I honestly can't remember where my first tag was but im sure it was in some insignificant fameless spot behind some store or in a alley.when i was startin i had no idea of wat a good spot was from a bad 1.

Whats your motivation what gives you your drive to do art?
    well i luv graf art because of the fact that theres endless possibilities to munipulate the letter.graf is the only art form where every 1 starts out like crap. You got to work hard to excell. Kings arent born their made. Every year that goes by i look at what ive acompplished and try to think ahead to what my styles gonna look like the next year. Graf is my therapy, luv and life. Its wat keeps me goin and got me through some tuff times. Its a reflection of my moods.

What do u think of the graf scene out in your area? is it positive?
    There is a decent graf scene in queens.its nothing like it used to be in the late 80z to early 90z, but the birth of vandal squad and the buff have definately changed the volume of graf that remains. Between that and the new age hero with a cell phone and things arent the same. Back then highways and trainstations used to be smashed with end to end graf . It was definately a sight to see.

Who is your favorite artist,past or present?
    Well my favorite artist i have to say is probably salvadore dali.he was definately a twisted indivisual. His art along with his subliminals just blow my mind. My favorite artist in terms of graf.....hmmm well i have to say that i don/t have 1 particular favorite. I like every artist for some quality or another. I have favorites on the east coast west coast, hell all over, and them europe cats get down to. It aint where u from its where u at.

What do u think of graffti contests?
    I think there kinda cool. It depends on wat there judging. In all reality how can some 1 judge one style from another? If your judging on neatness, time, and originality then its pretty cool. I laugh when they have graf contests that are judged by people that dont do it. That is like judging a spelling bee for a language that u dont speak it all boils down to a matter of opinion.

Where do u see yourself in 5 years?
    Well i hope to be doin more gallery shows,and hopefully touring a bit more. I would like to experience other cultures and styles. Makin more $$$ wouldn't hurt either.

Any shout outs?
    I wanna give a shout out to my td4 fam...ceaze topaz bisc abel leia stark stae 2 ars hers bler elet just nic1 dvs drils the td4 fam in florida....styxx basic kes slue duzen ken strike3....big ups to wf rth ak top 6centz champs dgf xgt and gf crews, and u guys at extreme kicks for the interview.

Any last words?
    I dont live to graf ..........i graf to live.

If you like Meres work then you might want to go check out his gallery show opening on feb 7th in brooklyn.

The place - Polytechnic College 311 Bridge St. the wunsch student center. Its the building with the pillars.
    The time - 4 to 9pm Feb 7th, 2002
    Artists showing - James Top Meres Keo Duro and Doms.
    Travel - take the A C or F train to jaystreet boro hall.

There will be a dj spinning and free food served.

http://extremekicks.com/grafiti/mere/mere4.jpg'>
    [img]http://extremekicks.com/grafiti/mere/mere3.jpg'>
    [img]http://extremekicks.com/grafiti/mere/mere10.jpg'>

ILYSH - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. ILYSH

ILYSH 12oz Member

ILYSH - Replied Jan 22, 2002

I laugh when they have graf contests that are judged by people that dont do it. That is like judging a spelling bee for a language that u dont speak

the funniest quote

ILYSH - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber 12oz Veteran Member

d-town_bomber - Replied Jan 22, 2002

yeah thats a good one

d-town_bomber - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Merdle

Merdle Guest

Merdle - Replied Jan 22, 2002

hahahaha!! Nice stuff:)

5. TEROKSKI

TEROKSKI New Jack

TEROKSKI - Replied Jan 22, 2002

meres has th the dope shit.....some of my crew painted with this cat in jax fl.. YO MERES ...Kes and Slue says whats up..

TEROKSKI - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  6. A Fire Inside

A Fire Inside 12oz Senior Member

A Fire Inside - Replied Jan 23, 2002

bump

Mere rocks. I just flicked some of his stuff tonight. Love his style.

A Fire Inside - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. cwitchfoot

cwitchfoot New Jack

cwitchfoot - Replied Jan 23, 2002

yeah meres is a cool dude

he needs to do some bombing though.....(just kidding mere's)
    abk sih

cwitchfoot - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  8. cwitchfoot

cwitchfoot New Jack

yeah meres is a cool dude

he needs to do some bombing though.....(just kidding mere's)
    abk sih

9. cwitchfoot

cwitchfoot New Jack

damn mere didnt shout out the crew

damn

10. 5starstyle

5starstyle Guest

5starstyle - Replied Jan 23, 2002

I really like the first flick
    and I really REALLY like the paint job he did on the last one

11. imported_SecretAgentX9 - Replied Jan 23, 2002

say word to meres. super chill cat and a good bit o' graff. td4 ... yeah.

12. imported_SecretAgentX9 - Replied Jan 23, 2002

upski ^

13. metallix

metallix 12oz Elite Member

metallix - Replied Jan 23, 2002

upski ?

metallix - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. imported_SecretAgentX9 - Replied Jan 24, 2002

not so literal. just tired of the "bump." sorry for the confusion if any.