memory?

sect one

Lately I can not remember things, not just short term but long term also. Recently I started a new job so i have been getting a lot less sleep but my girlfriend is telling mea bout big fights we had that i just can't remember that everyone said took place also... and no i wasn't wasted or anything ahh I don't know :o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

lack of sleep totally does that to me. im seriously a bitch about sleep, if i dont get enough, i cant function. if i really dont get enough, i'll honestly almost hallucinate. like, not really, but my mind totally wanders an i cant control it. its gay.

i didnt get enough sleep last night... i did however get enough to remember that you are about the 5th 'sect' to be on 12oz. not dissing you at all, just pointing out.

and in a side note, the first writer that really put me on, wrote sect.

Originally posted by seeking

lack of sleep totally does that to me. im seriously a bitch about sleep, if i dont get enough, i cant function. if i really dont get enough, i'll honestly almost hallucinate. like, not really, but my mind totally wanders an i cant control it. its gay.

i didnt get enough sleep last night... i did however get enough to remember that you are about the 5th 'sect' to be on 12oz. not dissing you at all, just pointing out.

and in a side note, the first writer that really put me on, wrote sect.

non taken I know i'm not the first or last sect it's just a name I don't write it, I used to write it was one of those million you write when you start out. the closest sn I seen to mine on 12 oz is "sect_one" heh

Originally posted by sect one

the closest sn I seen to mine on 12 oz is "sect_one"

right, well that guys got an underscore and you dont, so its a totally different name pretty much. you're fine. :)

i know all about going through 50 shitty names. it seems to be a suburban thing. kids that dont grow up around established scenes go through all the toy names, because we didnt know any better. we didnt have older writers to slap us for wanting to write 'phase' or 'rage'... seemed like great fucking ideas at the time.

oi ye

Originally posted by seeking

right, well that guys got an underscore and you dont, so its a totally different name pretty much. you're fine. :)

i know all about going through 50 shitty names. it seems to be a suburban thing. kids that dont grow up around established scenes go through all the toy names, because we didnt know any better. we didnt have older writers to slap us for wanting to write 'phase' or 'rage'... seemed like great fucking ideas at the time.

oi ye

so true...

:(

memory is for fags.

this is also true:D

Originally posted by sect one

Lately I can not remember things, not just short term but long term also. Recently I started a new job so i have been getting a lot less sleep but my girlfriend is telling mea bout big fights we had that i just can't remember that everyone said took place also... and no i wasn't wasted or anything ahh I don't know :o

You named the problem yourself- lack of sleep. Current research indicates that sleep, especially the later stages which come from a good night's rest, are important for memory consolidation and storage. Some believe that dreaming is an organizing of events of the day (and past). MRI's show that the hippocampi (vital for memory formation) are especially active during sleep. 8 to 10 hours of sleep should do you well.

Originally posted by Krook

i haven't had a dream since my ex broke up with me(about a month or so).

:o

but who cares i still remember shit:king:

Haven't *remembered* a dream. Everyone dreams- the question is whether or not they remember it.

Re: Re: memory?

Originally posted by Fugazi

You named the problem yourself- lack of sleep. Current research indicates that sleep, especially the later stages which come from a good night's rest, are important for memory consolidation and storage. Some believe that dreaming is an organizing of events of the day (and past). MRI's show that the hippocampi (vital for memory formation) are especially active during sleep. 8 to 10 hours of sleep should do you well.

Damn looks like someone did a little homework. Hell 4-5 hours is a good nights sleep to me.

Re: Re: Re: memory?

Originally posted by Knockturnal

Damn looks like someone did a little homework. Hell 4-5 hours is a good nights sleep to me.

Biopsych is a pain, had to know the information pretty well, and I still barely pulled a B- .

I used to have a phenomenal memory. But the last month or two I've been flaking mentally a lot more than ever before, despite 6 years sobriety, 12 hours of sleep on the regular, and continuing to practice the things I'm already good at. It's worrisome. Then the other day there was a news item about Hilary Clinton, they showed her face, but I could swear I heard the newscaster say Everett Clinton, very clearly.

Makes me nervous. :confused:

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

I could swear I heard the newscaster say Everett Clinton, very clearly.

Makes me nervous.

beside having a shortterm memory problem

i also have this same problem of hearing things wrong or things that werent said

it pisses off my boss alot, as well as my friends

only problem is that i cant admit to hearing the wrong word

and will argue to the death about it