Memory?

Fugazi

Tonight's question. What do you think of your memory? If you could have it be perfect, would you? Do you like it the way it is? Do you wish you could remember less? Sometimes I think our memories are a mixed blessing. First off, there's some things people wouldn't want to remember. Being abused as a child, domestic violence, traumatic events, etc. But what about the good things. Imagine if you could recall everything about your childhood... day by day... Would this be a good thing, or would it keep you from moving on in your life? Think about a friend or family member that has passed on. If you could remember all the times you were with them, would you? Or would the pain be too much for you to bear? Sometimes I think it's good that we forget and move on... sometimes I wish I could remember more. Without our memories, would we even exist? I dunno, just thought maybe someone might have insights or an urge to discuss it. Peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

imnot really sure idf id like to remember everything, actually i would, because ive forgotten the good over the years but the bad has stayed with me, so yeah i wish i could remember everything that way id get the good memories back.

i dont think i would want to remember 'everything'

some things are good to forget

and all the things that are important to me are in my mind vault

maybe ill forget them someday

and to them i would say, good riddance

it just makes room for the new things to come

out with the old in with the new right?

nobody really 'forgets' anything. It just goes to the subconscious part of your mind, and you have it with you forever. If there is something disturbing your subconscious, it may hinder your happiness, so you have to dig it out and deal with it in order to let it go and move on.

weird..i was just talkin about this last night..its so fuckin weird how i cant distinguish anything from one summer to another..its like they all blurred together...christmas is supposed to be importannt but i dont know what i did 2 years ago...it really made me think about whats important if im just forgetting all of it anyway....

yea... memory....

welp i have a selective memory

and umm since i got into an accident and smashed out some windows ended up with the car literally on my head it hasnt gotten any better

it wasnt great in the first place

its more photographic than anything else

so i wish i could remember more shit overall, i often forget things

Guest Pilau Hands

i can remember a lot of things....but i can't remember most of my small kid time. it wasn't traumatic or anything, in fact i'm pretty sure i had a kickass little span of years there. at times i think i recall certain instances, but who knows how much you changed them around.

i remember i threw up at burger king on my 6th birthday.

i remember walking down the street from my babysitter's house and holding my mom's hand when she picked me up...but we must have done that walk dozens of times, so am i recalling this ONE instance like i think, or is it a composite?

those are some of the clearest memories i have of being small.

have you ever seen a photograph of you when you were little and tried to imagine what it looked like as you look out from those 5 year old eyes? it's pretty weird...false memory. my way of trying to get some. i miss childhood

"...and the price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings"

- Adam Duritz

"I've got memories, I've got shit."

- Eddie Vedder

Archived