Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MEMORY....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Dec 12, 2001.

1. I was driving today and all of a sudden i recalled a conversation i had with my dad.
    It was about death and i estimate that it took place at least 15 years ago (when i was 7 or something).
    It was a memory that i cant recall to be recalled in the past.
    A completely 'new' memory.
    I tripped over it for some while thinking mostly two questions.

1) How does memory work, do things get erased or not?
    Which is the factor that makes particular data popup?
    is there any factor or its just random?
    (thats already more than 2 questions)

and 2). How can a memory be new???

2. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

you could just look at a psychology website... this is intro stuff.

3. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i always wonder how we remember things. like how does our brain remember smells, tastes and sounds. and think about how you learn anything, your brain has to like convert it.

4. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

err, i have more to say. i believe in evolution to a certian point. but i don't think we are so highly advanced(relatively) by accident.i also wonder if there are senses out there we don't even know about. who says there are five, what if we don't have receptors or something. like if no one ever communicated to people who can't hear, how would they ever know things made sounds.

5. eyeBddub

eyeBddub Member

It all has to do with nerve impulses and the different lobes of your brain. I could go into more detail if you want...

6. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

that shit is hella interesting. memory is odd. i also find sight to be interesting.

7. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Senior Member

there are other senses out there.
    (some/all?)sharks, for instance, have receptors to receive electrosomethingorother that animals produce. they use it to dig up fish that hide just beneath the surface of the sand.

as far as memory and such, i believe it works in conjuction w/ a lot of other shit. such as smell and sound and stuff like that. i read(while researching) that music is being used to help alziehmers(sp) patients remember things, because while the brain is processing the music its hearing, it triggers something that triggers something that releases such hormone and so on, ending w/ the person remembering parts of their life.

as you can see, i suck at stuff, such as remembering technical words. but my point has been made. shittily.