Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MELK... MELK... MELK <--click HERE

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by DrSeusLives, Sep 10, 2003.

1. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives Member

[I THINK YOU SHOULD READ THIS]

Alright, here's the "deal". I got serious with "graffiti" since late May of 2003. I've showed interest in it since like... the 7th grade. I liked it but never really tried anything. And I admit, I bit letters during those days. I only bit for school stuff. [Projects mainly] Biting letters from the internet didn't seem like a big deal at the time. I didn't care, I wasn't a graffiti artist. Then, bboying came along. And as you may know, biting is a big deal in bboying. That's when I learned that biting wasn't "ok". Now, I'm a sophmore in highschool. I only know one person who writes in my city. I've known this person for like a year and a half. [Met through bboying] I didn't know he wrote until some time last year. Then, I finally asked him if he could teach me stuff. He agreed and said I should get my can control down. [He said this after he saw my sketch] I don't have any cans or caps yet. I decided to work on paper unitl I get shit down. I'm ordering Krylon cans this thursday. [Hopefully] I'm going to practice in a few spots I found...

EDIT*
    I TOOK THE PICTURES OUT OF THIS POST. IT WAS TOO BIG.

2. ERIZENO

ERIZENO Senior Member

you seem to have all the right approaches. holding off painting till you can put up some quality stuff, starting simple. so its all practice from here, just draw non-stop, each time you draw it will add more to your personal bag of tricks !! keep it up.

3. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives Member

EDIT*
    I TOOK THE PICTURES OUT OF THIS POST. IT WAS TOO BIG.

peace
    AMEK

4. mazercet1

mazercet1 New Jack

hey milk....uh first off dont order krylon cuz its the worst get Rusto....second ur whole thing about bitting is not ok...its wrong...its not ok to completly bit but the only way u get better is by bitting even if u dont realize it....i live in NYC so its easy i see graff all day so i get ideas but for u i would stick to looking at fliks on the net to get those idea....im not suggesting for u to bite COMPLETLY but u can take ideas of people and make it ur own....

5. Fate2*88

Fate2*88 Member

i personally like the second sketch in your last post. the right colors would make it look better too. i think i might be able to give you some coloring tips...just i/m me on aim-RJD8268.

6. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives Member

Thanks ERIZENO. Didn't see your post unitl now. Computer is a lttle slow. Probably from the fuckin' pictures. Yeah, I think I am going to resize them.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/longlegs/Close-up_CHARACTER.gif'>
    * Close up on the face. Took it from a crooked angle again.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/hero/longlegs/MY_Character.gif'>
    * Another close up on that character.

[note on my character] I didn't bite that character. I'm just so used to seeing that "lazy eye lid" look. Another thing is, my friend said it looked like the blue alien in the SONY commercial. Haha. That's true. It does look like it but with the exception of a smaller head. Anyways, I keep my characters fairly simple because when it's time to paint, I won't have as much trouble as painting a more detailed/difficult character.

I HAVE TONS OF NEW FLICKS BUT I DIDN'T UPLOAD THEM. THOUGHT I DID THOUGH.... OH WELL... TIL' FRIDAY.

p.e.a.c.e
    MELK

7. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives Member

DAMN IT, I didn't se the other replies until now as well.

I understand what your saying [about the biting situation]. My friend/mentor said the same thing. Said biting is ok but don't bite completely. Change it around a bit or something. Oh, and KRYLON sucks? I thought Belton, Krylon, and Montanas are the best or some shit. Oh well, whatever works. Thanks for the heads up. I was about to order some krylon paint this thursday. [I can't rack them from anywhere, there aren't many stores near my area] AND, I write MELK not MILK. I just found out that someone writes MILK. I think I might change my name again. I'm not sure. I really don't want to though.

I'll be sure to do that. Weird fuckin' sn though. Oh yeah, my prisma markers came in yesterday. I'm just fuckin around with them right now. It sucks though, I only have 12 colors. :( And another thing, I think I already fucked up my "canary yellow" one. It ain't really yellow anymore...

Send me your markers
    MELK

8. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

first of all im going to tell you straight off the bat... change you name

people will give you guff for it

there are already two established milks.
    milk tfp
    and mylk AP(who gets shit for writing milk.)

so change your name..

second practice alot more keep it simple as youhave been.. you havef a long way to go young jedi..good luck

although im telling you graffiti is a fad... in a few years people will laugh at you for doing it.. like.. being a raver.. or an inline skater or wearing ufo pants....

9. wunka chunka

wunka chunka Banned

foo ur story is just like mine except a little different.. i have always doodled my name and wasnt to aware of graffiti back i say back then 6 , 7th grade.... till i got tohighschool ... ive been going to private school so i wasnt exposed to this hip hop culture as much but highschool hit [public school] graffiti became more familar and i am freinds with bboys at my school so im in to this hiphop i didnt really start getting serious till the like last couple months of my freshman year and i draw all the fuckin time and practice.... im also a sophmore just like you..... but i dont have a mentor , but i have a freind that writes and he tries to kinda help me but i dont need reallly help its just straight practice,... and you pretty good for a beginer just like me,,, me and you are like the same, just the story slightly different but ya know just felt sayin this

10. last hope

last hope New Jack

11. DrSeusLives

DrSeusLives Member

Oh hell... I really don't want to give up that name... It's like losing a pet... I never had a pet though...

I have a question though, are the following names taken?

1. MEGS
    2. SMEG
    3. WREM or WREMS
    4. GNOME

Ahh... I'll just keep writing a name unitl something pops in my head. Thanks Al, that was really helpful. Damnit, all that time wasted. :( Oh well...

===================================

And Wunka, it's obvious that you are trying too hard to be like me. Damn kid, how many times do I have to telll you to stop jockng me. HAHAHA. Just kidding. If we really are alike, we should "battle" in that battle thread... Uhh... I think it's sort of "[word here]" to battle over the net. But It's all for fun and games. I understand...

p.e.a.c.e.
    MELK(?)

ps_ Ahhhhh shit!!! I have to change my name and change the name of this entire thread. Either that or just start a new one later on. [A few weeks from now]

12. AWER

AWER Junior Member

HEY DUMB FUCK ITS MILK NOT MELK!!!

::god people these days:rolleyes: ::

13. phism

phism Member

i hate it when people say "melk"... fuckin tennesseeans...

14. BADMUTHAFUKA

BADMUTHAFUKA Member

yo MELK...

papers cool, but it's no wall. Just start rocking mad tagz in your hood in can. Then from there i would say get yourself a nice D-L spot with walls and start bustin' out your throwies. Once you got ur throwies down start wrecking some walls and highways. Get yowrz shorty.

15. icsvirus619

icsvirus619 New Jack

i cant see any pics!!