Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Melbourne Styles

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by killdsg, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killdsg

killdsg Guest

Hey just wanted to start a discussion on what people thought of Melburn writers(not interstate writers that have come over for a bit) but born and bred Melbourne writers. There are a few Melb writers that use this board so speak out, even if your from somewhere else drop some opinions. Cos like everyone talks about puzle etc, oldschool kings, but there are writers now that have done more trains than the oldschoolers, who do you think is running it now, as far as quality and quantity? no dodge info ofcourse, just opinions on who you think is doing the best and the most with the most amount of style. What do you like/dislike in the Melb scene, u know just some opinions and shit of the current state of Melb city's graff. I'll post some of my opinions once the ball gets rolling. Cya.

2. zen

zen New Jack

give us some examples

3. Phat Laces

Phat Laces New Jack

melBURN

yeah im from melBURN and i recon SDM-WCA-AC-CI-RDC-MSA are the best crews. ZORK & PEACER are up most then PHAZE, followed by dicT.
    FMC-K$A-TSF are killers that don't take shit from no one at all. Broady line is a chilled line, Frankstone is over-run by toys. Sandy was once the best line but is so dodge now......10 ppl got dict the other day.

....yeah and thats my rap-up

4. bomthasystem

bomthasystem Member

Yeah i reccon that scene here is mad. the tsf cka mos boys are killin. sdm fmc have chilled out a little but are still sweet as. best style for me is jersy, berko and prob iree/monk.

5. evilistic

evilistic Elite Member

zork and peeser have killed it

6. anarchograff

anarchograff New Jack

Melburn Still Burnz!

One thing I will say as someone who was active in the late 80s is that the scale of train devastation back then will never be equalled, anyone who caught a train in '88 or '89 knows what I am talking about.
    For hardcore bombing, the kings will always be AC, CW, KSA, STR, have yet to see any crews come anywhere near close to getting up as much as these crews did. As for panels and pieces, yeah you gotta give crews like WCA and DMA props, dudes may have done more panels now but DMA and WCA were the ones who got things happening and they pioneered a lot of stuff. As for nowadays, well for pure bombing insanity the FMC crew are going off, as is SPAN CW. Panels, well ask me later cos I've only been outta jail for a few months..the panels I HAVE seen though have mostly been FMC though so I guess that says something! Best line for bombing is still without a doubt the Belgrave line, gotta love those loops, runup spots and easy layups.

RIP CROCK!!

7. dephect

dephect Guest

Phat laces no offense cos i dont know what u mean i come into melbs on the broady line and its shit basically everything is capped just past north melbourne plus there is only one good piece and its by iree

also who are the kings around melbourne, writers and/or crews for throwies, panels, walls, tags and anything??? pics if necessary

8. ego trippin

ego trippin Guest

Re: melBURN

You talking shit. SDM-all busted or chilling out. AC/CI-Originally were good, but have now been overrun by toys. MSA-no longer valid.

Phaze is most definitely NOT one of the hardest bombers in melburn. Sure he gets up, but on sandy and thats about it. And Dict? He barely fuckien bombs at all except for on peoples back fences.

FMC/KSA/TSF are hard bombers, but they're my boys and i'll tell you now that they aint bombing anywhere near as hard as they were 6 months ago. Most of the boys that were bombing then are locked up now, or just chilling out.

Anarchograff, you were right when you said no-ones ever got up as hard as AC, CW, KSA, STR, but the problem is, no-one bombs like them anymore, with the exception of zork and peasr. Cw seem to be going through a minor revival, with span doing runups and i've bombed with hellraza a few times lately.
    Also true that belgrave is the best line for runups and easy layups. Some of the best kept secret spots in melburn.

Nobody will probly even read this, but it's the most fulfilling rant i've ever dropped on 12 oz

9. SIVIK

SIVIK Guest

DAMAGE.

Yeah u got a point ego SDM have been full quiet but i wouldnt write them off altogther.Currently damage id say no dout Zork-Peaser.They got stains on every fuckn train!Phaze did get up heaps 4 abit but aint doing shit all now.His still got those stains on the bayside trains though. The most i seen some one up on trains would be Binda back in 96,fuk he had stains in every carrige.Cduse used 2 cain the insides.CI overun by toys,thats a big call.Bomb'n & just general destruction FMC-KSA kill it.All round train monster i rekon Runz,quality galves,dope styles & rocked heaps of panels.Id rekon cruze is 2nd.As 4 DMA-WCA rocking it back in the day,full respect.They've deffinately help make melburn graff what it is 2day.

LONG LIVE THE HITACHI!!!!!

10. bomthasystem

bomthasystem Member

rockin galves

runz and cruse i would have to agree definately are the kings of panels iglooz does a shit load of mad panels aswell but

11. avils

avils Senior Member

12. ego trippin

ego trippin Guest

definitely

13. SIVIK

SIVIK Guest

panels

Just wonderring who's done the most galves in melbz?

14. SIVIK

SIVIK Guest

Just thought id make a post so this thread dont get lost plus i want 2 hear people's opinion on the ?????? i asked.

15. dephect

dephect Guest

done

im quiet sure done is denz........thats if u mean the freight on melbournegraffiti.com cos it looks identical to denz' style

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.