Meeting people from the e-nternet.... a discussion.

Teh0wnz

What's been you peoples' experiences on meeting people from the internet? I've met a couple people before and it's, in my opinion, always a little akward at first. What kind of stuff do you say/do to break the ice. Did you invite them over, drink, make out, see eachother anymore, or was it a total bunk ass time. Did you ever meet any writers and go paint and have a fun time? We should share our stories, and as JuicyJake used to say, build.

So build (post em).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i met someone off this site and it was wierd because i had allways talked to him on aim about all the ridiculous shit happening to me as an idiot teenager.. and when i met him at a party by total coincidence (well not exactly total coincidence we know some of the same people) it totally didnt connect as the same person who i had told all this shit to.

so yeah it was wierd, i havent kicked it with him since.

I've met people from 12oz and other e-friends. As you said it was awkward at first but if it's not totally gay then you hook up again and again and it gets less awkward each time. Why just last weekend I met someone from the internet.....we got drunk, which seemed to work well. We're going to a show on Friday so yeah....

I think meeting girls from the internet would be a lot more weird. I have yet to do that......

It's weird how you can talk to somebody fine over the internet but when you meet them in real life it's a lot different. I don't know, just weird.....

i've met up and painted with 2 people so far; both of them post here. so far, so good. i personally think that if you hit it off with a person really well on aim, then it shouldn't be any different once you meet them in person...at least that's what i think.

Originally posted by slave_one

i personally think that if you hit it off with a person really well on aim, then it shouldn't be any different once you meet them in person...at least that's what i think.

Yeah, but on AIM you can use those awkward pauses to come up with some witty response, or replace them with LOL, BRB, or HAD TO TAKE A PISS. Try doing that in real life......

I'm sure you and I would hit it off, though ;)

all teh peeps i have met have been mad kool.

Bigoatser.. now my road dogg

Vynil Junkie.. super cool

ese... one of my main potnas

tt Boy... now in my crew

ink lunatic.. also awesome

chicken bone.. looks like agirl but also very awesome

the last four i met threw friends not a set up from the internet.

Guest mikro137

i have met , drank painted and done lots of fun shit with some freinds i have met on 12oz ( the myspace thing/freindster thing hasnt panned out nearly as well due to the fact that most heads i have met are already my ACTUAL frends. therefore the point is moot) but yeah , i recomend it to a point. use common sense.

i met a criminal defense attornet via another forum that i post in. very cool guy.

we both had the idea of meeting in a public place so as not to run into some kind of crazy person. we proceeded to get stumbling drunk and discuss entheogens and whatnot.

I've hooked up with people from a message board before and had some fun drinking and painting.

I've also hooked up with a girl that I met through the internet, and had some of the best times of my life. ;)

The internet is just an extension of the existing channels that were there to meet people before. For the generation coming up after us (coming up now) it will be the norm to make friends on line.

ive met way too many people off the internet, so many 12oz people, around the world. some not even knowing we were on 12oz then laughing when was realised. ive always had a fun time. i mean, people on here are mainly writers or ex writers, so theres a common bond, its not like i signed up for the tennisforum.com and met some people who play tennis and who i know nothing about.

Guest imported_Europe

Ive met a long list of people all thanks to the internet and especially 12oz.

Its been all good so far. And now that its summer and travelseason I will be meeting many more.

IVe met a few writers and painted with them off of 12oz, one who is my best friend now.

Ive done the girl thing, ive gotten dates actually off of myspace and ive had some good times with some myspace chicks, theres actually a fellow 12ozer that's a crazy beautiful lady that's gonna come up here later on this month.

It's always awkward at first, but im very personable and the first thing i do is crack a joke on you, or shoot out some kind of nutsy comment to just break the ice.

oh, i also met the love of my life off the internet i was like 13 years old, we met up and she ended up leaving for the big apple, damn, that was a long time ago, i still talk to her and im going to go stay with her later on this month also, if not august,

the internet is a fun scary place, i suggest you all use common sense.

i have yet to meet 12ozing people.

3-4 years ago i met several people from another graff site... i have established lasting contact with several of them... but as whoever said,, graffiti is a small world and i would have met these people some day or another

the first time i met some writer from the web... we went to paint a trackside the next day and he got arrested :lol:

i don't think he enjoyed that outing too much.

Guest sneak

^haha, poor se4...

like a lot of people here, ive met a fair few 12ozers...

some who post, some who dont.

even a mod...

all cool people, but i was wary at first..

I've yet to meet up with anyone off this site yet, somehow. I've made plans with like 3 people but we're a bunch of drug addicts so things never work out.

I've met 4 girls off of myspace, it's not really awkward. I ramble so there's hardly ever that horrible silence and I've figured out if you come out swinging you control all the conversations for the rest of the nite... leaving you to make them look dumb and feeling inferior when you change subjects anytime they say something dumb. Oh yeah, I've had sex with 2.

Ive met a lot of kids thru the yrs and def dont think theres anything wrong with it. BUT, Ill only meet kids I either speak to for a while and are cool or someone Ive clicked with right on the spot.

Ive only had a few bad experiences but that was when I didnt really give a fuck who I met.

Ive also met a few heads out of no where, its only because even though theres millions of people in NYC, the world is really so damn small.

I personally haven't met anyone off the internet... But this girl my wife works with met some guy 6 weeks ago on e-harmony, and now I've got to go to a wedding on Saturday... I've known this girl almost 5 years now, she's 34 and the only guys she ever talk to are dudes online... I think she's making a mistake... But it isnt my place to say anything, so I'll be there for the free food and drinks thats about it...On a side note... I've been here for 2 years and I havent met one person, no one likes the eye of awkwardness...:lol: