Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Meeting people from the e-nternet.... a discussion.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Teh0wnz, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Teh0wnz

Teh0wnz Member

What's been you peoples' experiences on meeting people from the internet? I've met a couple people before and it's, in my opinion, always a little akward at first. What kind of stuff do you say/do to break the ice. Did you invite them over, drink, make out, see eachother anymore, or was it a total bunk ass time. Did you ever meet any writers and go paint and have a fun time? We should share our stories, and as JuicyJake used to say, build.

So build (post em).

2. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

I, iloveboxcars, was once a myspace person. I had many-a encounter. Most people ended up being complete douche bags.

I suggest not doing it.

3. ment2

ment2 New Jack

i met someone off this site and it was wierd because i had allways talked to him on aim about all the ridiculous shit happening to me as an idiot teenager.. and when i met him at a party by total coincidence (well not exactly total coincidence we know some of the same people) it totally didnt connect as the same person who i had told all this shit to.
    so yeah it was wierd, i havent kicked it with him since.

4. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

don't meet with pedophiles or child molesters

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I've met people from 12oz and other e-friends. As you said it was awkward at first but if it's not totally gay then you hook up again and again and it gets less awkward each time. Why just last weekend I met someone from the internet.....we got drunk, which seemed to work well. We're going to a show on Friday so yeah....

I think meeting girls from the internet would be a lot more weird. I have yet to do that......

It's weird how you can talk to somebody fine over the internet but when you meet them in real life it's a lot different. I don't know, just weird.....

6. KillWhitey

KillWhitey Banned

I think its a terrible idea. I sort of kicked it off with some writers about 3 years ago through this site, but graffiti is a whole other deal

7. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

i've met up and painted with 2 people so far; both of them post here. so far, so good. i personally think that if you hit it off with a person really well on aim, then it shouldn't be any different once you meet them in person...at least that's what i think.

8. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

I've met up and painted with some peeps through 12oz. Funny enough, we actually sorta already knew eachother but didn't know that we wrote. We were in one of the same classes. Craaaazy.

9. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

awesome

10. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Member

i want to meet Fatalist and do it with her.

11. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

i want to meet iquits dumplings

*edit: NO HOMO!

12. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Yeah, but on AIM you can use those awkward pauses to come up with some witty response, or replace them with LOL, BRB, or HAD TO TAKE A PISS. Try doing that in real life......

I'm sure you and I would hit it off, though ;)

13. krie

krie Guest

Ive met skullnbones from 12oz, hes a cool kid.

And this guy sutel from melbourne who showed me around and painted with me.

14. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

all teh peeps i have met have been mad kool.

Bigoatser.. now my road dogg
    Vynil Junkie.. super cool
    ese... one of my main potnas
    tt Boy... now in my crew
    ink lunatic.. also awesome
    chicken bone.. looks like agirl but also very awesome

the last four i met threw friends not a set up from the internet.

15. mikro137

mikro137 Guest

i have met , drank painted and done lots of fun shit with some freinds i have met on 12oz ( the myspace thing/freindster thing hasnt panned out nearly as well due to the fact that most heads i have met are already my ACTUAL frends. therefore the point is moot) but yeah , i recomend it to a point. use common sense.