medical question - broken arm

Mr. Mang

since this is one of the very few message boards where one can get decent responses to questions, i thought i'd throw this one out:

tonight i was skating. i slipped and fell ... and i think i broke my arm approximately 3 inches above my wrist. there's definitely a lump there and every once in a while my arm will start to tingle and get just a little bit numb.

obviously tomorrow i'm gonna see the doctor to get it checked out, but are there any other good ways to take care of it til then? besides ice?

thanks for your time.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a few years ago i did something identical, stacked while skating and broke my arm but didn't tell anyone till the next night, i went to school and all with my arm feeling like absolute shit, then realised i obviously had broken it, i dunno what you can do untill then, it won't really matter i spose.

make a home-made splint so you don't move it...cuz moving it only puts more tension on the broken stuff... just get something stiff (a piece of cardboard, some other board), and tape a piece to both sides of your flattened out arm..

since my services were given i'll expect your co-payment of $20;)

hope your arm is all good senor mang..

My friend broke his arm skating and we covered it with this sarong a girl had with her so we didn't have to look at that shit. It looked like he had a second elbow on his arm. Anyway, the ambulance arrives and the medic is all "You guys sure he broke his arm" like we are a bunch of dumb shits. We show him the arm and he's like "OH YEAH, THATS BROKEN" and they put him in the ambulance.

I thought you could fuck up your arm if you waited too long. I'm not trying to scare you or anything....

If it's really broken I would take a trip to the ER, just because I wouldn't want to wait and run the risk of doing more damage. Probably not good to be sitting at a computer, typing, althought I suppose perhaps you could be using just your good arm. Get it checked out sooner than later.

Definately sounds like you broke it

Splint it, as above. Pad the area where the lump is, so the splint doesn't rub on it. If the ulna or radius bone is broken completely through, it could separate and become a compound fracture by coming out through the skin. No fucking about---go to the ER. It may be numb because of pressure on a nerve in your arm (duh.) and if the sharp, fractured edge of the bone cuts the nerve YOU ARE FUCKED. GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW. Oh. This happened yesterday. Never mind. Does your cast itch?

ay fool... really. who is that girl and how can i go out breaking with her?

i was just practicing my uprocks today. my homey is moving back out and ima make that fool go out and battle with me.

girl in the picture.....i gotta crush on you.

its all love.

to stay on topic. i broke my arms a total of four times.

when broken with a green stick fracture like it sounds you have my mom splinted it with a magazine and dumped frozen veges on it.

the er attendant complimented her on it.

thats diffrent from when i shattered it in broke it in four places and chipped my elbow. that required rebraking and traction. ouch it. it hurt.

Originally posted by oldenglish

Wassup Jules. Im Flows.

Call me up sometime.

jules is a down ass chick...whenever shes in town she calls us up and we practice...but hey fuck The Spot... keep on rocking suckas JULES...

Kid Tuff......

I used to break with the Fifa Army at this club on Wednesdays in Sacra.

Deff ass breakers. I was supposed to practice with this one cat and straight slipped.

My homeys from Lords break savage to. At the Union Made show some this cat Hevs put it down along with Natrl and Dest and many others. There was this one girl though. Damn. She looks like Jules kinna but im sure its someone else.

Breakgirl.com needs a update yo.

anyway...i have lots of lifting and stretching to do so I can finally get around to my power combos.

Hopefully by the end of summer. Till then its floor rocks floor rocks floor rocks.

Originally posted by Mr. Mang

since this is one of the very few message boards where one can get decent responses to questions, i thought i'd throw this one out:

tonight i was skating. i slipped and fell ... and i think i broke my arm approximately 3 inches above my wrist. there's definitely a lump there and every once in a while my arm will start to tingle and get just a little bit numb.

obviously tomorrow i'm gonna see the doctor to get it checked out, but are there any other good ways to take care of it til then? besides ice?

thanks for your time.

that sucks......you weren't trying pressure flips again,were you?......just kiddin'....I know,I know....that was probably un-called for......good luck man.

Re: Re: medical question - broken arm

Originally posted by 455

that sucks......you weren't trying pressure flips again,were you?......just kiddin'....I know,I know....that was probably un-called for......good luck man.

nah i was actually getting out of a 4 foot bowl and i slipped and fell on the coping

pressure varial flip 50-50s are the ill na na

ive had a broken wrist, hand and elbow and the only thing you can do is not move them....as all casts do is protect from being bumped, so if your confident that you wont bump it there is no need to go the doctor and get a wak cast .another thing if they are gonna put a cast on tell them you want a plastic splint instead caus they are way better

Originally posted by Rectum

all casts do is protect from being bumped

except for the whole 'keeping the bone straight' thing... going off personal experience alone i could show you 2 bones that were broken and then never set or casted, and one has a big ol bump of bone, and the other is now crooked...