Medical Advice

Milton

Yo,

I think we need a thread for lay medical advice. Actually I have a question and wanted some opinions. But I encourage everyone else to ask questions.

About 3 weeks ago I got a bump on the floor of my mouth under my tongue. It's about the size of a pea. I thought it was smoking so I quit smoking, but it didn't go away. Over the weekend it was all the way gone. But then I drank a redbull and that made it come back. Is it possible that the red bull is causing the bump?

Also, in case everyone was curious about condoms. I have for quite some time been freaked out because I thought condoms were only 85% effective. I was sitting there counting and multiplying 15% by how many times I'd had sex and freaking out. As it turns out this statistic is garbage (propaganda). According to the whitepapers at planned parenthood here is the statistics on condoms:

1) With average use of a condom (which means average use of a 17 year old including people who a) put the condom on halfway through sex; b) only use condoms inconsistently, and; c) put them on incorrectly so that they break/puncture) 15 women out of 100 will get pregnant over the course of a year. With perfect use (a)putting it on correctly esp. without air bubbles and space at the tip; b)using it consistently, and; c) using before you stick it in the first time) only 2 out of 100 women get pregnant over the course of a year.

Does anyone know why you're not supposed to put it in the toilet? Is it bad for the environment or something?

Doc Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Nov 14 2005, 04:36 AM

My girl is a nurse, I'll ask her about that shit on your mouth. Ive gotten those before too, but it was because i was eating to much acidic foods. (WTF..Im italian, tomatoes are everything!?)

Might be the same case.

As for the condom thingie...Im agreeing with Cash money..

tomatoes are acidic?

A few years ago I had these lumps that formed under my skin on my shoulder blade. If you pushed on it, it would roll from under the pressure point and then return to its place when pressure was taken away. It was like that for a few months and then the 3 lumps went away. Anybody have any ideas on that one?

I think that could be it Shameless. It is seriously a flare up every time I drink a redbull which is full of acidic stuff. Also a friend told me about the thing with the salivary gland im not sure if that might be it. The other night I pushed on it with my finger and it pretty much disappeared. I know its not a canker sore because those, while on the inside of the mouth, hurt and have a white sore. This neither hurts nor has a white sore.

Geeb -- I seriously considered cutting it or something similar. I am no stranger to do it yourself medicine. But I decided against it.

Meanwhile, on the "thats pretty disgusting" countdown, a friend of mine said he got a pimple on the shaft of his penis. He also said that he tried to "take care of it" so his girl wouldn't notice and that it made it worse. Swears it's a pimple, I'm not buying it. I'm also not sitting too close to him from now on...

^ word, this tiny little indian dude i used to go to highschool with had those things for miles. He said he never figured out what caused them.. they'd just show up one day and then disappear a few days later..

------------------------

I have terribly painful ganglions on both of my wrists.. they're basically little mineral build-ups in the joints of your wrists and hurt like fucking hell. I've been to the doc about it and he said that they're too small to warrant surgery, but big enough that they're basically going to hurt like a bitch forever.

I've heard you can just smash your wrist with a huge book or a brick or something, and hopefully break the ganglion before your bones, but i'm not so game on this strategy..

Although, I've also heard that these things can mysteriously break up / go away without any outside intervention.. can anyone verify this, cause they're a real pain in the ass.

i'm going to say the bump is an allergic reaction. or even stress. allergies and stress can cause everything fucked up. to weird bumps on the body, to an untimely death.

relax on the redbull, and see how life goes. if it's gone, then quit the redbull and switch to monster.

as in the condom issue, they are 98% effective. not 85% to my understanding. and why can't you flush them? it's latex (think rubber)... do you flush balloons filled w/ mayonaise down the toilet?

one thing you may want to do to make this bump in your mouth go away quicker is to put an antacid tablet like mylanta or tums on it a few times a day and just let it sit there and dissolve onto it...should help neutralize teh acid.

also make sure a friends dog doesn't eat your spent rubbers after your done with them. You friend will not be happy with you when they finally come out of the dog and you are laughing uncontrollably.

I USED TO GET THEM TOO MILTON.BT I SED TO GET THEM ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY GUM ABOVE MY TEETH. I FORGOT WHAT THE DENTIST CALLED IT.BUT IT IS BASICALLY A INFECTION. AND THE REASON WHY IT GET BIGGER WHEN U DRINK SOMETHING IS BECAUSE LIQUID GETS INTO IT ECT. ECT.. ALL YOU BASICALLY NEED IS A ANTIBOTIC FROM THE DENTIST

Originally posted by Milton@Nov 14 2005, 02:42 AM

I think that could be it Shameless. It is seriously a flare up every time I drink a redbull which is full of acidic stuff. Also a friend told me about the thing with the salivary gland im not sure if that might be it. The other night I pushed on it with my finger and it pretty much disappeared. I know its not a canker sore because those, while on the inside of the mouth, hurt and have a white sore. This neither hurts nor has a white sore.

Geeb -- I seriously considered cutting it or something similar. I am no stranger to do it yourself medicine. But I decided against it.

Meanwhile, on the "thats pretty disgusting" countdown, a friend of mine said he got a pimple on the shaft of his penis. He also said that he tried to "take care of it" so his girl wouldn't notice and that it made it worse. Swears it's a pimple, I'm not buying it. I'm also not sitting too close to him from now on...

Whatever you do, don't cut it off! Beleive me I've cut things off that I wish I hadn't.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Nov 14 2005, 08:25 AM

I USED TO GET THEM TOO MILTON.BT I SED TO GET THEM ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY GUM ABOVE MY TEETH.

I got an abcess once above one of my baby teeth, the last one to come out. That thing was there FOREVER (the tooth). Then one day this blister developed over top of it and I went to the dentist a week or so later and they said the tooth was dead and they had to pull it. They gave me some drugs and pulled that shit, almost a full cup of puss came out of it(talking bagle spread here folks). The look on the dentists face was priceless. The thing went away, new tooth grew back in, shit was all good and I never had to wear braces. Rock on.

i have a realy fucked ups tory about flushing things down the toilet.

my friend was living in a basement apartment. and upstairs lived a 20-25 year old girl and her multiple boyfriends. i dont know what this bitch was doing. but one day we heard a disturbing noise coming from the bathroom.when we went to check it out. the pipe from the drain in the shower shot out a shit load of bloody tampons,used condoms, and toilet paper. it was by far the most disgusting thing i have ever seen. we were both dry heaving and he had to leave his house for 2 days while they cleaned it all up. it was disgustinng dudes

On the red bull note, they are so bad for your ticker, try to avoid them.

A firend of my parents had a heart attack and was asked in hospital if he ever drinks red bull, he said he didnt, but he does a lot of cocaine. They said that they get so many people under 30 yrs with heart complaints who drink red bull on a regular. So watch it...