maybe it wasn't the taliban after all.

Guest !!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Smoking Gun" Taliban Tape Released

The Bush administration plans today to release the videotape of Osama bin Laden that it said is the smoking gun in the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

It will be played at 11 a.m. E.T.

The tape's been in U.S. hands more than a week.

The Pentagon has brought in Arabic experts to listen to a videotape that U.S. officials say shows Osama bin Laden's guilt in the Sept. 11 attacks. White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer said it is taking time for the team of four translators from outside the government to compile an English transcript of the hour-long recording. Fleischer said it doesn't help that the audio is poor.

Fleischer also said the administration's confident the tape will demonstrate bin Laden's guilt

The tape was found in a private home in the eastern Afgan city of Jalalabad roughly two weeks ago.

Many American legislators who saw the tape said there should be no problem convincing the rest of the world that bin Laden is responsible for the Sept. 11 attacks.

Illinois Sen. Richard Durbin said the tape shows a "frightening display of evil." Durbin said the video shows bin Laden and two other men laughing about the events of Sept. 11 "like it was last weekend's golf game" and marveling at the destruction.

The video shows a conversation between bin Laden and a Saudi Arabian sheik whom officials have declined to identify. Two bin Laden associates also appear on the tape.

It was apparently recorded at a private dinner meeting early last month and was not meant for public viewing.

U.S. officials said the video shows bin Laden crowing over the devastation wrought by the suicide hijackers -- and demonstrating advance knowledge of their plans.

One lawmaker who's seen the tape -- Oregon Sen. Ron Wyden - said it'll show the world how "twisted" bin Laden is.

President George W. Bush said the tape shows that bin Laden "represents the worst of civilization."

"It not only shows that he is guilty of mass murder," Bush said. "It shows that he has no conscience or soul."

Guest imported_Tesseract
It was apparently recorded at a private dinner meeting early last month and was not meant for public viewing.

Laden knew he was being taped?

All I really know it what is said here, but I think yeah he knew. I mean who hasn't gone to a party where someone is walking around with a video. I certainly wouldn't expect my friend to run off with the video to the police. I am sure Bin Laden was in a atmosphere he trusted and didn't think about it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

It seems weird to me that the tape is out without Laden wanting to it be that way.I believe that this man knows how to keep his shit together.

The Osama bin Laden tape released by the Pentagon shows the terror suspect sitting with several men, discussing the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

The tape's been in U.S. hands more than a week.

"The brothers who conducted the operation, all they knew was that they have a martyrdom operation and we asked each of them to go to America, but they didn't know anything about the operation, not even one letter," bin Laden said.

According to the U.S. translation, bin Laden added, "But they were trained, and we did not reveal the operation to them until they are there and just before they boarded the plane."

With a smile on his face, he then said those trained to fly didn't know the other hijackers in the group.

He said, "One group of people didn't know the other."

"Mohammed Atta from the Egyptian family was in charge of the group. He was a pious man. May Allah bless his soul," bin Laden said.

Bin Laden spoke about a dream, which he called the dream of Abu Da'ud, in which planes hit a large building in America, adding that he worried the "secret would be revealed if everyone kept seeing it in their dreams."

He then recited a poem, which included the line: "We will not stop the raids until you free our lands."

Bin Laden said he and his associates had estimated in advance how many people would be killed in the attacks on the World Trade Center towers.

"We calculated that the floors that would be hit would be three or four floors," he said. "I was the most optimistic of them all."

After a section of the tape which the Pentagon called inaudible, bin Laden said, "Due to my experience in this field, I was thinking that the fire from the gas in the plane would melt the iron structure of the building and collapse the area where the plane hit and all the floors above it only. This was all that we had hoped for."

He said that he told his associates that there would be more destruction after the first plane hit the World Trade Center.

"They were overjoyed when the first plane hit the building, so I said to them: be patient," bin Laden said.

"We calculated in advance the number of casualties from the enemy who would be killed based on the position of the tower. We calculated that the colors that would be hit would be three or four floors. I was (surprised) to see them (all go down). I was thinking that the fire from the gas in the plane would melt the iron structure of the building and collapse the area where the plane hit and all the floors above it only. This is all that we had hoped for," bin Laden said.

"We were at (inaudible) when the event took place. We had notification since the previous Thursday that the event would take place that day. We had finished our work that day and had the radio on. It was 5:30 p.m. ... Immediately we heard the news that the plane had hit the World Trade Center. We turned the radio station to the news from Washington. The news continued and no mention of the attack until the end. At the end of the newscast, they reported that a plane had just hit the world trade center."

"After a little while, they announced that another plane had hit the world trade center. The brothers who heard the news were overjoyed by it."

He said the attacks "benefited Islam greatly."

The Pentagon brought in Arabic experts to listen to the videotape that U.S. officials said shows bin Laden's guilt in the Sept. 11 attacks.

White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer said it took time for the team of four translators from outside the government to compile an English transcript of the hour-long recording. Fleischer said it doesn't help that the audio is poor.

Fleischer also said the administration's confident the tape will demonstrate bin Laden's guilt

So a guy who doesn't wear a wristwatch because he knows it can be detected from a sattellite, allows himself to be taped at a dinner party , and the US "finds" the tape left behind in a house?...Kinda like how we " found" all that stuff in the supposed terrorists car..like arabic flying instructions...and a koran...

Does anyone else smell a setup?

Bin Laden was trained by the CIA in the past..he knows how they operate, and is smart enough to not just leave a tape behind, or to let himself be filmed..period..If you are the most wanted man in the world, are you gonna go to some god dam dinner and let homeboy film you while you blabber on about some old shit?.....Think...any criminal knows this is a no-no...

You can love your country, without loving the fascist government operating it....

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by cleansheets

You can love your country, without loving the fascist government operating it....

i haven't heard something involving the word "america" that has actually meant anything or struck a chord in me untill that

on a side note, i have pretty good friends that actually speak pashto, which i believe is the language that he would speak in. i dont have any audio here, but can you/anyone tell me if its a dub or is it what appears to be the original audio...?

An interesting look at the photos appears on this site.

http://cyberspaceorbit.com/warrant28.htm

Check out the differences in his face....and the lighting is SHADEY on homeboys face...

The video was "translated" by "experts".....Why not release the whole entire tape , as is???....because..

Are they not going to really great lenghts to make sure people really, really think he is responsible...?

Question everything.

you can love your country, without loving or supporting the fascist government operating it.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i would have a HUGE problem if they dont release the tapes in entirety, without editing or dubbing

HUGE

especially if its so clear cut

and they shouldnt pull that "we can't, in the name of national security" bullshit

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by boogie hands

my prediction: poorly done hoax that will only fool republicans

hahaaha.

theres defintely some shady shit at play out there these days.

thats a good line cleansheets

Guest BROWNer

it seems fine to me....the gist of it is there...

the reason that it took so long is that

they wanted to get arabic translators...and get 2nd, 3rd,

4th and 5th opinions on translation, not some hoaxy

fuckin' audio splicing.....to be absolutely sure of the content.

seems fairly reasonable....although they've apparently had

the tape for almost 2 weeks now...

and as far as the 'lighting'....buddy...come on...

'homeboy's' lighting is fine.

can anyone say avid editing. you can do the unreal with that.

for christsakes, dreamworks and george lucas could have made the entire tape from one photo of bin laden. notice that there will not be much movement and if there is it is simple and could be reproduced by a sight gag etc. as for voiceovers ha. we have no fucking clue.

i dont care one way or another. i love the supposed freedom i have as opposed to other countries but i too do hate the fascist government. and tho we should be watching our mouths. this is the time to speak out. i happen to know of a bunch of revolutionaries who couldnt deal with the oppression of their country and fought to keep their ideals and freedoms.

they spoke out they taught and learned. they made the US.

well....i watched the bits and peices the news decided to show me, im leaning towards it being the real thing, i still find it kind of odd that with the amount of precaution bin laden takes he would let something like that happen....the only conclusion i could come to is that he knows hes up shits creek and at this point just wants to spit in the face of the world....

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by boxcarwilly

can anyone say avid editing. you can do the unreal with that.

for christsakes, dreamworks and george lucas could have made the entire tape from one photo of bin laden. notice that there will not be much movement and if there is it is simple and could be reproduced by a sight gag etc. as for voiceovers ha. we have no fucking clue.

come on now.....really.....

possibilities are endless, feasability is a bit more narrow and likelyhood is low... why is it so hard to believe that a guy who's extremely meglomaniacal would film his meeting with 'another' religious leader? What about the parts where the guys are just riding around and fucking with the truck and finding wrecked shit? Arizona, I suppose...

WHATSTHATONEMOVIEWITHROBERTDINEROCALLED?WILLIENELSONRIPSIT..JUSTAGOODOLSHOE...IDONTEVENKNOWTHEDIFFERENCEBETWEENIRANANDIRACBUTIWATCHYELLOWCNNJOURNALISM...PUSHINGTINPLANEOFFCOURSEOHYOUREMYHEROYOUCRASHEDTHEPLAN INAFIELD...MARTIALAWWILLHARSHUSALLBUYMORESTUFFOURECONOMYNEEDSYOUOURFOOTBALLTEAMNEEDSYOUWEVEGOPENATESANDFONYHATSANDARELEIFFUNDTOFITEVERYONESBUDGETINCLUDINGOURSWOWITHOUGHTTHATSWHATINSURANCEWASFORSACRAFICEAFEWFORTHEGOODOFTHEWHOLEDAMNILOVEFOSSILFUELJUSTLIKEMYDADWHOPAYEDFOREXONVALDEZIKNOWTHATTHEREISAEVILDRUGDEALERDOWNTHESTREETWHOSELLSCRACKBUTHEMUSTGROWITHISSELFBUTTHENWHATAREARECOLONIESFORANDWHYDOWENEEDMILLITARYINSTALMENTSTOGUARDWHENWECANHELPEASTTIMORGAINITSINDEPENDENCEANDSTOPITSBIGGERBOTHERWHOWASTRAINEDASABOYSCOUTFROMWHOOPINHISASSOHWELLILIKETHATGUCCIEEEHANDBAGMACKMAKEUPSTARFUCKSCOFFEANDANEWTVTHATWILLBEOUTDATEDINAMONTAND700DOLLARSCHEAPERKEEPBUYINGLIGHTBULBSTHEYLLLASTFOREVERIFMYCARCOULDONLYRUNONSODAPOPIDGOTOOREGONANDGROWHEMPTOSAVETHETREESTHENSTOPTHEPUMPINGOFTHEEARTHSBLOODWHOCARESWEREALLGONNADIEWEWONTSEETHEREPRACUTIONSOHWELLIKEEPITTUCKEDINTHESMALLOFMYBACK WAKE THE FUCK UP

Archived