matrix trilogy

Mr. clasico

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmmmmm what do i think?

i think i want some vodka

i think i need a cigarette

i think i have an overactive bladder

i think donatella versace is hot in a wierd kind of way

i think i'm low on gas

i think i'm gonna stay up all night doing dumb crap

i think being skinny is not a bad thing

i think this thread is crap

<3

Originally posted by DETO

got the 3rd one today, just to add to the collection. in my opinion both the 2nd and 3rd suck dick, and the first was so-so...

Word on the second. The third was visually

pleasing so I have no quams having dropped

$7 to see it in the theatre and I'll cop it too

for the sake of completing the collection...

The first, now... c'mon, I can't speak ill on

that. I might think it's sorta corney now but

when that shit first came out and I was a

sophmore in highschool, eating mushrooms

and shaping sci-fi out of my day-to-day it

was damn near perfect.

I'm definately not on the Hate-The-Matrix bandwagon.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The whole hip construction on that broad is all sorts of wrong.

I will be buying Revolutions today, and probably doing a marathon (all 3 plus Animatrix) not this weekend but the next.

I still maintain that Reloaded was dumb sick. Revolutions wasn't as good foor two reasons: 1) Not enough "Matrix time", 2) didn't quite adequately address all the questions that needed to be addressed. It still fucking rocked.

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

No it didn't, it sucked.

Exactly, except the whole sucking part.

I don't understand what was so convoluted about it... it wasn't "Mission: Impossible" for christ's sake.

Part I = Introduction to the Matrix, basic principles explained (what you think is real is fake, you can bend rules to your will, the Neo prophecy)

Animatrix = Some story continuation, further exploration within the Matrix (glitches, being able to "die" within the Matrix without dying in real life, role reversals for machines, extreme physical feats as possible gateways out of the Matrix, etc.)

Part II = In depth look at how the Matrix works some insight into the real world (renegade programs, further rule bending, the purposeful manipulation of the Neo program/prophecy by machines to keep control, the Zion culture)

Part III = In depth look at the real world, final insights on the Matrix, resolution (the Zion war as result of Neo's choice, the ability of programs to love one another [the pakistani scene you mentioned], machines and humans join sides again to help Neo whoop ass against a common enemy, fluffy clouds)

All parts seem to have depth to me... the WOW MY MIND IS BLOWN effect is wrongly attributed to just the first one cause it presented the big revelation first... but the concept belongs to all three movies. You can't possibly hope to have the same effect with the sequels no matter what was done... the "bulk" of the idea was given already in the first.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

All parts seem to have depth to me... the WOW MY MIND IS BLOWN effect is wrongly attributed to just the first one cause it presented the big revelation first... but the concept belongs to all three movies. You can't possibly hope to have the same effect with the sequels no matter what was done... the "bulk" of the idea was given already in the first.

CanIgetafuckin'beer'?

Animatrix = Some story continuation, further exploration within the Matrix (glitches, being able to "die" within the Matrix without dying in real life, role reversals for machines, extreme physical feats as possible gateways out of the Matrix, etc.)

What I really liked about the animatrix

was the Second Renaissance, I mean

it just developed the history of the

Matrix. The movies never really

touched on how the matrix came to be,

and the 2nd Ren. did such an amazing

job of this..both in the story and the

animation.

Guest diggity

personally i think they gave it away too quick. instead of him finding out about the matrix so quickly, they shouldnt have given him the pill till the end of the firstone, to leave a cliff hanger, then he trains and adjusts in the 2nd, and kicks ass in the third.

whats the hold up on the new starwars? 2005? what the fuck man

Originally posted by diggity

instead of him finding out about the matrix so quickly, they shouldnt have given him the pill till the end of the firstone, to leave a cliff hanger, then he trains and adjusts in the 2nd, and kicks ass in the third.

I don't know. Originally I think they only planned to make

one movie, and that would have made it a very boring

movie and even more boring 3 year cliffhanger.

Without you (and Neo) finding out about the Matrix

in the first one, I don't even think you have a movie,

let alone one that you would REALLY want to see 2

sequels to.

^Exactly.

Remember, the Matrix was always intended to be a trilogy, but the first movie had to be spectacular enough to warrant the next two, AND it had to stand on its own as a single film in case it wasn't succesful enough.

The concept had to be shown full-bore on the first film if it was gonna be remotely interesting. If it had just been Neo all paranoid the whole movie and learning the truth at the end it could have been incredibly boring.

Oh, and the Animatrix, Jesus, just how fucking good is that? "The Second Renaissance" is ill, but "Beyond" is by far the sickest one in there in my view. The scene with the slo-mo dove is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on screen, animated or live action.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dunno man, we've talked about this many times but when #1 came out and atleast for a year i never heard that it would be a trilogy..maybe i'm misinformed but given how much i liked the 1st i think i'd have a clue about it.

The whole trilogy is still badass shit, no doubt, but i think its getting weaker and weaker as it moves...the reason? they felt they had to end it, and thats why as you said it "didn't quite adequately address all the questions that needed to be addressed"...my take on it is that those questions should be left alone and end the whole thing with the first movie. The concept of the matrix is a concept thats better left with the lid open...subject to alternative explanations.

I enjoyed reloaded very much visually and i didnt even bother to see revs for the single reason that the second one honestly didnt add anything new in my view of the matrix as an idea.

My general opinion is fuck a trilogy...two very talented creators are static and always stained as the directors of the matrix when they good open up to new projects, challenge their self and blow our minds in lots of different ways...check the Cohen brothers...big lebowski could be the simpsons in flesh and bones and still fuckin awesome however they decided the road of risk and variety...some of their movies are better than others but they can atleast evaluate and move forward

Archived