Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MassiveAttack

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by fr8oholic, Jul 8, 2002.

1. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

2. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Bluelines is arguably one of the greatest albums ever.....

3. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

i've been listening to lots of MA lately, as well as Morcheeba and Hooverphonic. Any other suggestions?

4. Dr. Dazzle

Portishead
    Tricky
    Lamb
    Sneaker Pimps
    Faithless

Morcheeba are dope. I've been listening to them lately too.....

5. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

6. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

um portishead goes without saying. i've never heard tricky, lamb, or faithless. Thanks for the recommend. I saw SP way back in the nineties, when they were a one hit wonder to the commercial world. The show as quite decent.

7. Dr. Dazzle

Tricky was a part of Massive Attack. His solo work is pretty experimental, Mazinquaye is an amazing album but the rest are pretty shitty if I had to be honest.......

8. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

9. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

i got three words:

EURO ZERO ZERO bside

hey fr8oh. sorry we couldnt meet up, theres always next time!

10. All their albums are awesome, one of the best live shows i've ever been to!

Most people hated their last album, mezazine but shits off the hook...sad news, they dont exist anymore as they were:(

11. siloette

siloette Member

talk about mood music..
    "tear drop" by massive attack can never be played just once..

other inspiring stuff I come across and have to put on the record player....Morcheeba..Thievory Corporation, kruder and dorfmeister, hooverphonic..(sometimes not)..dj krush..self titled album..and much much more

of course my favorite song of all time is "across the universe" whether its the beattles,fiona apple or eligh doing it..its awesome..

okay now back to my de la soul

12. Dr. Dazzle

I've heard good stuff about them, who/what do they sound like?

13. Dyptheria

Dyptheria Guest

-thievery corporation are one of the greatest down tempo outfits around.
    -Ursula 1000 is down with thievery's 18th St, lounge. check out Ursula 1000 as well
    -Tosca is another good one
    -DJ Krush
    -DJ Cam (some of his stuff)

I love down tempo:idea:

14. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

massive attack...sigh..i yet to own a cd...tricky is dope though..im still lovin the portis head and i got a suntan.

15. sneak

sneak Guest

faithless are probably the best band i can think of rite now. tunes such as "insomnia", "salva mea", "deifting away", "we come 1", "tarantula", "1 step to far" are fucking amazing