MassiveAttack

fr8oholic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dyptheria

i've been listening to lots of MA lately, as well as Morcheeba and Hooverphonic. Any other suggestions?

Guest Dyptheria

um portishead goes without saying. i've never heard tricky, lamb, or faithless. Thanks for the recommend. I saw SP way back in the nineties, when they were a one hit wonder to the commercial world. The show as quite decent.

Guest fr8lover

i got three words:

EURO ZERO ZERO bside

hey fr8oh. sorry we couldnt meet up, theres always next time!

Guest imported_Tesseract

All their albums are awesome, one of the best live shows i've ever been to!

Most people hated their last album, mezazine but shits off the hook...sad news, they dont exist anymore as they were:(

talk about mood music..

"tear drop" by massive attack can never be played just once..

other inspiring stuff I come across and have to put on the record player....Morcheeba..Thievory Corporation, kruder and dorfmeister, hooverphonic..(sometimes not)..dj krush..self titled album..and much much more

of course my favorite song of all time is "across the universe" whether its the beattles,fiona apple or eligh doing it..its awesome..

okay now back to my de la soul

Guest Dyptheria

-thievery corporation are one of the greatest down tempo outfits around.

-Ursula 1000 is down with thievery's 18th St, lounge. check out Ursula 1000 as well

-Tosca is another good one

-DJ Krush

-DJ Cam (some of his stuff)

I love down tempo:idea:

Guest willy.wonka

massive attack...sigh..i yet to own a cd...tricky is dope though..im still lovin the portis head and i got a suntan.

Guest sneak

faithless are probably the best band i can think of rite now. tunes such as "insomnia", "salva mea", "deifting away", "we come 1", "tarantula", "1 step to far" are fucking amazing

Guest beardo

heard these guys for the first time last night. wasnt pushing my buttons, but i wasnt really listening too close either. worth another shot

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

fr8oh surprisin a foo'

MA is good stuff...

makes me think of a rainy weekend i spent in maine, listening to a CD of theirs over and over...

lets dance before i spilt for a while

k?

toodles...

Guest catwash
Originally posted by siloette

Morcheeba..Thievory Corporation, fruder and dorfmeister, hooverphonic..(sometimes not)..dj krush..self titled album..and much much more

kruder + dorfmeister are cool as hell...

also recommend virtually everything released by MoWax over the last god knows how long

Massive Attack are dope. Who wouldn't want one of these babies, available from those mofo's at turntablelab.com

http://www.turntablelab.com/index1.html

Massive Attack

Singles 90-98 Boxset

Wild Bunch Import

price: $89.00

available: yes

item #: cd-312

Triple deluxe boxset of every official Massive Attack single released from 1990 to 1998. 68 tracks on 11 individually sleeved CDs. Several reasons to buy this: 1) Incredible artwork and design. 2) Many of these Wild Bunch singles are very rare and never available on CD. 3) Includes every official remix . 4) Includes all the non-album bonus tracks. Singles included: Daydreaming, Unfinished Symphony, Safe From Harm, Hymn of the Big Wheel, Sly, Protection, Karmacoma, Risingson, Teardrop, Angel, and Inertia Creeps. Remixes by Unkle, Portishead, Mad Professor, Blur, Brian Eno, Larry Heard, and many others. Import.

Blue Lines is absolutely amazing, Unfinished Sympathy is almost too good to listen to :eek:

other similarish stuff i like & recommend would be...

Kruder & Dorfmeister : K & D Sessions! remixes of Depeche Mode, Lamb, Roni Size etc.

Thievery Corporation : good stuff, was hearing about their 18th street lounge, anyone go?

Rockers Hi-Fi : similar to Thievery Corp. but more dubby, sometimes jazzy and/or latin also

Cinematic Orchestra : the best modern jazz/beats kind of thing i've heard, worked with Pharoah Sanders, Fontella Bass & Roots Manuva, outstanding live

Kid Loco : very mellow french stuff, almost coma inducing, A Grand Love Story is the one to get

DJ Cam : another french guy, slo-mo hip-hop beats with jazzness, if you like Dj Krush you'll love

Gotan Project : more french, fusion of dubby beats with latin, sounds an odd mix, but it works

suppose some of that doesn't sound very Massive Attack-ish, but they are pretty unique, just stuff that would maybe/probably be appreciated by someone into Massive attack...

haven't heard hooverphonic, what are they like?

as for Faithless, hearing just that name makes me angry :mad: can't fucking stand them

Originally posted by catwash

kruder + dorfmeister are cool as hell...

also recommend virtually everything released by MoWax over the last god knows how long

yeah I was on a mowax mission for awhile and then a ninja tune mission..lately im not finding anything super incredible though..

and I cant believe I forgot about tosca..I have thier record suzuki..and its all warped from a move..I still throw it on anyways..

well you guys have mentioned all the good ones. so im going to mention all the groups i discovered when i go off on tangents.

the streets

tricky (i needed to mention again)

digable planets (jazz triphop/hiphop)

sneaker pimps

bjork

and of course dj shadow.

massive attack has always seemed to electronic to me. but then again ive never really got into them. i have downloaded tear drop and karma coma with tricky. ive kind of got an outside veiw though. good stuff.

MA

Haha, dude,.........if bjork sang at my wedding, i'd probably take her and hop her over my shoulder and run out of that motherfucker.....she's so awesome.

some gossip bullshit: tricky and bjork were once an item. Jesus, that motherfucker is so ugly. I'd bet i could hit it if i were into the trip hop/alternative scene.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

Re: MA

Originally posted by George Dubyah Bush

Haha, dude,.........if bjork sang at my wedding, i'd probably take her and hop her over my shoulder and run out of that motherfucker.....she's so awesome.

some gossip bullshit: tricky and bjork were once an item. Jesus, that motherfucker is so ugly. I'd bet i could hit it if i were into the trip hop/alternative scene.

my girl gave her blessing to me running off with bjork...

and i told her if AI comes, she can sneak out with him, so its all fair

:)

Archived