Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Massacres in Palestine

Discussion in 'News' started by Hippopotamus, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus Junior Member

Is it me or were 100 Palestinians, mostly unarmed civilians, killed in Palestine over the past week, but the news barley mentioned it. then when 30 something israelis die in egypt, its on the front page and life stories are mentioned and shit.

2. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

I hear what you're saying and I'm going to take a look for myself....but post some links to get the lazy involved...

3. metallix

metallix Elite Member

Chomsky makes the point that the other side is not treated as humans and only our side counts as casuaulties..

4. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

why does this surprise you....this has been happening for quite sometime now. for those who want a brief primer on the israel/palistine conflict pick up "the edward said reader" for an amazing essay on this very topic....he has also put out a book called "palestine" which i am very guilty of not reading.

the part that disgusts me the most is that israel is one of our allies....this is one of the things that made the iraq war so difficult for me....we attack one country based on human rights violations meanwhile one of our allies is working diligently to wipe out an entire group of people under the guise of self defense. on the other side of this coin though you have the palistinians perpetuating this situation (this doesnt take anything away from the evils of israel...there is a huge difference between self defense and genocide)....their situation would garner my complete sympathy were they waging war against the israeli occupation...but they are not.

the sad fact is that this is a war that hold roots in religion....when you have humans murdering one another in the name of something as absurd as religion all you can really do is sit back and watch, shake your head and hope the world grows out of this archaic mindset that so many champion.....

saying they (and by that i mean both sides) deserve it would be harsh but i do have a hard time showing sympathy for cultures who lead their children to death under a system of belief that should have been done away with 1000 years ago.

5. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

same way how the news never says how many Iraqis have died.

6. Hippopotamus

^^^ yeah, it really makes you wonder if israel really is the 51st state of the usa

7. Hippopotamus

Im Palestinian by the way
    PLO Style :smile-mad:

8. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

israel is what is called a client state.

afghanistan and iraq will now be client states as well.

9. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

Just read the BBC instead, it's much better. Shows that Britons have their heads on straight.

It did mention that 1/3 of the ~300 Israeli-caused deaths in Palestine were civilians.

10. wewillneverunderstand

wewillneverunderstand New Jack

like metioned in the thread earlier, lets not forget the evils the palastines are commiting themselves. I give neither party sympathy but in all honesty the area where israel is located and most of the other arab states where at a time in history jewish land(judea which is modern day syria,lebanon,and i think turkey. that fact is that evil plus evil simply equals evil) When two seeds of abraham claim that there god is the only god and he favors them over all others some one along the lines has misinturpted the words of god.. we are all the children of god... but the anoited one came to cause divison. for we all have a lot to tend to and reap from.

11. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

^^^^

you must be jewish.

obviously the jews have a huge advantage over the palestinians...which they abuse. Yeah it's true that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...but whats in question is why are the jews constantly seen as the victims and never the other way around...

...the answer to that is pretty simple...

12. wewillneverunderstand

not jewish at all, and like i said i feel no sympathy for either side, victims none of them are, for if they truly wanted peace there would be comprimise from both partys. But both choose to stay arogant and egotistical by placeing them selves as judge over who the land goes to and are choosing so by commiting acts of evil only the likes of those who are ever seeing ,but never precieving, ever hearing but never understanding can commit. Who is the victim? those in enslaved to the things they can not control

13. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

actually I think the jews are seen as the victims in the media most often...and that is because they are committing "state" terrorism, which involves jets, helicopters and tanks...and the media can distort violence involving state terrorism into a sort of self defense reaction...

so when the palestians retaliate in the only way possible it looks like they are the "aggressors" because they have to commit violence in public places at random...therefore the palestinians and their leaders are dubbed "terrorists" even though the other side is just as "terrible" if not worse...

14. Hippopotamus

The whole world knows israel is not acting in self defence at all, but instead as a colonial occupier in Palestine.

15. wewillneverunderstand

whose land was it before egypt came and enslaved jews, a historical fact,fuck observations and opinions. niether is right no matter what guise they do it under, terroist or state murder is murder , palastines(arabs)invaded land that was being lived on for a time and half a time. so now that it is being done to them we should feel sympathy please where is your sympathy for the native americans who are ancestors slaughtered. please if you feel , feel for all and choose the side of human a title we all share.