Massacres in Palestine

Hippopotamus

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Hippopotamus@Oct 9 2004, 08:15 PM

Is it me or were 100 Palestinians, mostly unarmed civilians, killed in Palestine over the past week, but the news barley mentioned it. then when 30 something israelis die in egypt, its on the front page and life stories are mentioned and shit.

I hear what you're saying and I'm going to take a look for myself....but post some links to get the lazy involved...

why does this surprise you....this has been happening for quite sometime now. for those who want a brief primer on the israel/palistine conflict pick up "the edward said reader" for an amazing essay on this very topic....he has also put out a book called "palestine" which i am very guilty of not reading.

the part that disgusts me the most is that israel is one of our allies....this is one of the things that made the iraq war so difficult for me....we attack one country based on human rights violations meanwhile one of our allies is working diligently to wipe out an entire group of people under the guise of self defense. on the other side of this coin though you have the palistinians perpetuating this situation (this doesnt take anything away from the evils of israel...there is a huge difference between self defense and genocide)....their situation would garner my complete sympathy were they waging war against the israeli occupation...but they are not.

the sad fact is that this is a war that hold roots in religion....when you have humans murdering one another in the name of something as absurd as religion all you can really do is sit back and watch, shake your head and hope the world grows out of this archaic mindset that so many champion.....

saying they (and by that i mean both sides) deserve it would be harsh but i do have a hard time showing sympathy for cultures who lead their children to death under a system of belief that should have been done away with 1000 years ago.

like metioned in the thread earlier, lets not forget the evils the palastines are commiting themselves. I give neither party sympathy but in all honesty the area where israel is located and most of the other arab states where at a time in history jewish land(judea which is modern day syria,lebanon,and i think turkey. that fact is that evil plus evil simply equals evil) When two seeds of abraham claim that there god is the only god and he favors them over all others some one along the lines has misinturpted the words of god.. we are all the children of god... but the anoited one came to cause divison. for we all have a lot to tend to and reap from.

^^^^

you must be jewish.

obviously the jews have a huge advantage over the palestinians...which they abuse. Yeah it's true that an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...but whats in question is why are the jews constantly seen as the victims and never the other way around...

...the answer to that is pretty simple...

not jewish at all, and like i said i feel no sympathy for either side, victims none of them are, for if they truly wanted peace there would be comprimise from both partys. But both choose to stay arogant and egotistical by placeing them selves as judge over who the land goes to and are choosing so by commiting acts of evil only the likes of those who are ever seeing ,but never precieving, ever hearing but never understanding can commit. Who is the victim? those in enslaved to the things they can not control

actually I think the jews are seen as the victims in the media most often...and that is because they are committing "state" terrorism, which involves jets, helicopters and tanks...and the media can distort violence involving state terrorism into a sort of self defense reaction...

so when the palestians retaliate in the only way possible it looks like they are the "aggressors" because they have to commit violence in public places at random...therefore the palestinians and their leaders are dubbed "terrorists" even though the other side is just as "terrible" if not worse...

whose land was it before egypt came and enslaved jews, a historical fact,fuck observations and opinions. niether is right no matter what guise they do it under, terroist or state murder is murder , palastines(arabs)invaded land that was being lived on for a time and half a time. so now that it is being done to them we should feel sympathy please where is your sympathy for the native americans who are ancestors slaughtered. please if you feel , feel for all and choose the side of human a title we all share.

What is a "jew"?

Let it be known that the jews who currently occupy Isreal are not native to that land. They are European jews, supplanted there as a consolation prize following WWII by the great colonial powers of the time. The jews indigenous to that land were the Essenes. Sadly, they are no more.

There is some shaking up going on within Isreali government. Things could get interesting.

Originally posted by wewillneverunderstand@Oct 27 2004, 02:35 PM

palastines(arabs)invaded land that was being lived on for a time and half a time.

Are you saying that supposedly because ancestors of the palestinians invaded that land during the dawn of the modern world that it's ok for genocide today??? your fucking wacko.

by that rationale i think christians should be able to slaughter any jewish leaders for the killing of christ...and yeah then it should be ok for native americans to legally kill european americans for what we've done...

I see your argument and its weak as fuck...please try to rationalize the palestinian genocide again because so far you have failed miserabely.

i am not so ignorant to rationalize the genocide of any human group, my point is that there will be no change when we sympathize with murder no matter what the reason murder under any title is a cause of disorder whether under self defense or because of belief . the fact that we live on a earth and have a god who supplies us with enough for all and we still (me,jew,american,arab) feel the need to hord, compete, rob from others shows that the means to an end is not through volience, from one group or another .christ bore no arms he preached displine as the way to wisdom, forgiveness as the way to understanding, and love as the way to peace. But we are all meant to burn,for a time , time and half a time. in my opinoin.

It's always been that way. I don't know too much about the conflict but what I do know is that Israel obviously has a government and a military on their side. They can provoke and kill all the Palestinian people they want without any consequences directed at the military it's self... I don't see any difference between the Israeli military bulldozing villages, killing innocent people who try and defend themselves and Palestinian rebels blowing up busses. Honestly, I don't.

In 2000 the Israeli military stormed a Mosque, killing innocent people, sniping, blinding, and torturing protesters who tried to defend themselves. Nobody made too much of a fuss about it here in the States, not like they would if the tables were turned. But everytime a night-club blows up in Israel, it is all over the media... on the radio, front page of the papers and TV. The Palestinian's are doing what they are capable of to defend themselves, I don't see anything wrong with that...

in response to amenhammer:

iraqi deaths due to american intervention are purportedly at approx. 100, 000 by

a recently published study. if i find the link, i'll post it.

as far as the media bias...

here's an example: yesterday i'm watching cnn, and the coverage turns to arafats

health. not once in the report was there anything resembling a fair shake at the situation. the official responses came only from the israelis, and the response was that

israel 'feared violence' if arafat passed away. they kept that response on their little info bar at the lower left of the frame the whole time. now tell me, what does this kind of reporting imply to you?