MARTHA STEWART GETS 5 MONTHS PRISON SENTENCE

johnny

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beardo

just saw her little press conference. hilarious. even worked in a plug for her magazine :lol:

though i do think its ridiculous that she's going to jail. its pretty funny to watch.

insider trading is never forgive action. i wish that bitch would've gotten 20+ years. i was a business major, and yeah, it would be hard to resist a "sure thing" stock tip. but the thing is, it fucks the little guy...the guy who has half of his life earnings (that don't even touch what you make in a year) invested. guarantee that guy doesn't stand a chance at catching a $5 million tip. fuck you martha stewart you greedy fucking whore...have fun in the pen bitch.

*and i know she isn't going to the pen specifically for insider trading, just lying about it. we all know what her real motives were.

Originally posted by Milton

If someone came up to you and told you that they had a tip that could make you 5 million dollars you would take it. I sure as hell would. Sucks that she got caught...

agreed. but im not suprised that its only 5 months, kind of angry though cause if i would of done that or anyone else not famous we would be getting a lot more then 5 months...thats what i think.

Originally posted by Milton

If someone came up to you and told you that they had a tip that could make you 5 million dollars you would take it. I sure as hell would.

actually...I bet the majority of people would call bullshit. I'd have to see some kind of serious proof that shit was gonna happen...or the person telling me would have to be a very trusted close friend. if those items were in play...then yeah...you bet your ass I'd do it.

Guest BROWNer

money buys everything. even if she got bagged actually

trading, she still would've gotten a cakewalk sentence.

what shes going to is called "lollipop jail" where the prison will be ridiculously flexible to her needs. please beleive she will be given a private section and all the wardens will be paid accordingly.

this is just to let the public believe justice has been served and prevent corporate big shots from trying shit like this in the future. I mean shit, she might as well have those bendable plastic bars like they do in disneyland with the experience she will be having.

considering all the bullshit halliburton and enron, tyco, worldcom have put this country through, to scapegoat martha is ratahhded.

i mean sure, she should pay for her crimes.

but what of all the other CEOs guilty of far worse, like decimating their thousands of employees' retirement funds

ken lay?

and all his cronies?

they'll barely get slapped.

Anyway, it wasn't $5 million she was saving by selling her stocks it was a few hundred thousand dollars. She's a multi millionare and she did that to save about a dollar for a bank account of her size. It was not an anonymous tip, it was her friend, and they told her test results on the drug would be out and the drug results were not good, thus bringing the stock way down. You're not supposed to make moves based of inside tips. I'm glad that greedy bitch is going to be in jail, except she is gonna have it super easy in jail.

even if she did go to some shitty prison, she could get the other inmates to not fuck with her due to the power of a dollar. she could help them with lawyer fees and get their cases appealed, etc. she could also have their commissary account boosted. she would be fine either way.

Archived