marriage for citizenship

Mr. Mang

i was recently talking with a friend who knows a girl from hungary. she has been going to the university ever since she got here (years ago) and is stressing because she wants to live in the usa and cant continue to take classes forever. word on the street is she wants to marry an american man to gain citizenship. rumor is that they often pay quite a big chunk of money to marry as well. my friend confirmed this saying his father married an eastern european woman and got a fairly decent amount of money. i guess its all about how it looks on paper, you know? they just want their citizenship.

sounds lucrative. can anyone confirm or deny this happening and its legality (or lack therof)?

i'm into russian chicks. not trying to say anything...

but you know.

DISCUSS!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

two girls i used to know married filipino men so they could get citizenship

their boyfriends knew, and no, it was not very lucrative

i was dismayed when i learned they sold themselves for only $2,000

well, i guess not literally, because they never had sex (or at least hey said they didn't)

and very occasionally would hit their "husbands" up for money (never more than couple hundred every few years)

very much illegal, i would assume even worse post 9.11

i never saw their husbands, but the girls were fuckin busted [looking].

so were their boyfriends

dirty vegan punx

they never got caught, never lived together, and had to go through the INS tests

but weren't bothered after that

pretty much.

the girls were so non-chalant about it

it was confusing and weird

they didn't care one single bit that they were married

and it meant nothing

and they barely even got paid

i love to tell that story cuz it still bugs me out.

I almost did it,

this trinidadian chick I knew was about to get deported...she promised to braid my hair every week along with regular "favors" but the loot wasn't looking right and I felt kind of fucked up about the whole thing so...

heh heh.

i'm helping someone get their green card. for free. i love him, but i'll not really know his intentions until he's free and clear, and he either stays with me or goes.

i haven't had to do anything really. just waiting for the interview.

but just keep in mind that you are totally responsible for everything that person does for at least 5 years. that's including financial fuck ups, run ins with the law. etc. that person can truly screw you should they so desire. . and yes i think divorce is expensive.

MY ex-girl told me to marrie her for her green card once..twice..tre... i thought about it.................. said no .. once.. twice.. tre... she still paid me.........

...with a lil girl.....????!!@!!@?

..who i love .. :love3: :love2: :love4:

its fuked up whut u can do and still fuk yo life up

cuz gettin married aint no JOKE as well havin a shorty at young age..

There is not much risk if you don't join your finanaces,

and you're either already actually in a (stable even if not serious) relationship and/or good friends..

The best way to go about it is

to marry someone who is a sincere,honest and likeable person,

and also someone who is from a place that you would be interested in being a citizen or a privileged guest of as well.

This way the feeling of mutual exchange disapates the "favour" aspect of it~and makes you work together smoother and happier, as well as more believeably...because you WILL need to talk to an official face-to-face one day.

i almost had to do this myself. there was a time were things were very sketchy with my visa and i was about to marry a friend of mine in order to stay in the states.

thankfully things pulled through and i never had to.

i know quite a few people in this situation atm

one buddy of mine from back home is currently married to a girl so that he can stay over here.

the goverment dicked him and his family over hard, his parents had to leave the country, but he married some scandelous bitch in order to stay.

on top of the countless amounts of legal fee's, he had to dump her 5k off the top, bought her a car and breaks her off with about a grand a year.

unfortunately, he picked a high society slut. she's milking him for all he's worth.

it takes time, too. it's also really tricky. a lot of people just say they're married but dont bother living together or really having any proof that they're 'married', so once the immigration comes around... they get the boot and end up wasting a ton of money.

there are plenty of interviews you have to do. they come around for inspections.

it's rough

ube i wonder how your thing is going,

but yea, it's a hassle if your only in it for the dinero.

there's a lot that one has to think.

for example. a person that gets married to an alien for legal status is breaking the law.

if you get married and file a petition for alien relative and youve been married for under 2 years then if you are approved you will go to the interview (where you have to show finances, ;pictures, affidavits, all that shit stating and showing that you have been "together" ) but will only recieve a temporary residency.

now, after that, there will be an interviewed scheduled for 2 years after that date, and that's when you would get the permanent resident status (green card).

but during this time you have to do your taxes jointly, have a joint bank account and have bills in both your names and all that things that revolve around marriage (take a peek at your parents life) also lots of pictures and not posed ones' either, im talking about sundays at the park or even at popeyes.

what else?

have your stories straight.

also 3 years after you get your green card or your sig. other gets their greencard then they can apply for their citizenship. (usually takes 5 years if you got your green card any other way)

once you get yoru citizenship you are a naturalized citizen of the united states and dont have to have that bar code anymore.

however permanent residency can always be revoked along with naturalized citizens having their citizenship taken away.

crimes are crimes.

another thing. if the beneficiary has 1 felony or 2 misdemeanors...kiss your chances goodbye. under immigration law there's a code called 2.12(a). *moral turpitude.

so yea, as long as your sig. other doesnt have any kind of criminal history and have all your shit together, then no fear.

oh, and going rate nowadays is 5000.00...2500 to start , 2500 at time of interview.

Originally posted by oneeightyone@Jul 28 2005, 04:00 AM

another thing. if the beneficiary has 1 felony or 2 misdemeanors...kiss your chances goodbye. under immigration law there's a code called 2.12(a). *moral turpitude.

glad you brought this up.

i've been telling my boy that he is in for shit. she's wifey has a criminal record knee deep, but he doesnt seem to think that'll change much.

i told him his off his mind.

i never knew the actual law itself, so cheers

so my friend "rob" who is from indonesia was a student at the art center, upon graduating he did not want to go back. he found a fellow student, went to vegas and got hitched about 4 years ago. his family paid her some cash and got her an apartment in ny. they don't even live together, and it's all good.

YO IF ANY OF YOU NIGGAS WOULDNT MARRY SOMEONE ON PAPER FOR ANY G MONEY AMOUNT, YOU ARE EITHER

1.) AN AFFLUENT SUBURB NIGGA.

2.) A DICKHEAD.

TRUE STORY. MY HOMEGIRL DEE MARRIED SOME CHINESE NIGGA FOR 2 PAYMENTS OF 10 G'S [CASH!!] AND THAT FUNDED MAD CRAZY PARTIES, THE BITCH PRICED ME OUT ON MY E PILLS. THOSE WAS GOOD TIMES. I TRIED TO GET HOOKED UP WITH SOME BITCH TO MARRY FOR BREAD BUT I COULDNT EVEN GET IT TO GO DOWN. I WAS VERY UPSET. IM GONNA LOOK INTO THAT RIGHT NOW THOUGH MATTERFACT. GOOD IDEA. HOLLA AT YOUR BOYBOY...

M E R O E S

RAISE THE

FIREARM

LONG ARM

a friend of mine (who's a dude) was supposed to register his relationship with this american dude (i'm not from america) so that the american dude could stay here in finland.. it never happened though, i don't know if the american got deported. when i think about it, i'm not sure he was american. either way, he would have done it for free, register a gay relationship.

yes, i would do it, if i got enough money for it. finland is a neighbouring country with russia, and from what i understand, these types of marriages are pretty common.. don't know anybody who's done it though. i've heard some stories about russian women who pay good cash AND stays at your house cleaning, doing dishes and laundry and such for a couple of years before divorce. that'd be nice.

My friend married a citizen just so he could become legal here, he didnt even pay her. I guess they had been such good friends that she was willing to do it because shes a nice person. And everything worked out for them, they got the marriage annulled like a year and a half after he got his papers just so that they wouldnt raise any suspicions.

My best friends mom did this and now shes living the highlife. She never has to cook or clean or do shit they live together and seem like they like eachother or w/e and the guy completely refurnished the house they are living in and she got to quit her job, now she goes shopping and eats out constantly.

• 5 years later...