Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

MARRAIGE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by postaholic, Sep 12, 2002.

1. postaholic

postaholic Guest

do yall think about this ever?

i do, right now im 20, about to be 21, feel like im 16 still and havent done shit with my life. whether thats true or not, it bugs the fuck outta me. when i think of marraige, i think of it being a one time thing. i dont want to get divorced, and pray to god i never will when i do get married. kids will be nice one day, and i like the idea of having a wife and not having to worry about dating and all this other bullshit.

dating sucks. however, since i dont date much, or hit on girls much either, im falling behind in experience, and when i do get a girl or whatever, im go way overboard on shit. like, i wonder how it would be to marry her type shit ya know? even though i wouldnt do that my next couple relationships but then again you cant really know, the next girl i talk to could be wifey. know what i mean?

this one girl i was with seemed ideal to me, dam near to good to be true, and i wondered will i ever come close to someone like her again? its more than likely, but dam she was well rounded for what i was looking for. i miss her hella.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhh, seeing pretty girls all day on campus is great, but its also depressing. like nas needs one mic i need one girl, a good one.

im feeling puffy's "i need a girl" song like a heart attack right now... ya feel me ;)

:king:

2. rip

rip Elite Member

first wuddup bitches.

3. rip

rip Elite Member

your babbiling.

4. evilistic

evilistic Elite Member

fuck i hate puff daddy...

5. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i'm actually glad that i am out of the dating scene. i like coming home to someone that appreciates and loves me. i like doing stuff for the one that i love. it also makes me smile to think "wow. out of all people, i have found the one person that i want to spend my life with."

6. kissmyass#1

kissmyass#1 Senior Member

i getting married. no date yet because devilush and i have no money. i feel if your ready do it, if not don't. its easy as that. people are going to say you are too young and all this crap, but lets face it. are we too young too make decisions for ourselves? i'm old enough to pay taxes, live on my own(even before i was 18), pay all my own bills, and i had a steady full time job. i appreciate what devilush and i have gone through. our relationship has gone to hell and back, family members had died, close friends have died, legal proplems(mine of course), money problems, to personnal problems. i have stuck by her side and she has done the same. of course like the man i am, i never show my love or appreciation towards her all the time, but i sure she knows. this year would be our 5 year anniversary. we still aren't getting tired of each other. so i feel that if a young person wants to get married its their decision. its up to them to make it work and last.

this was the longest reply i have made in months:D

7. kissmyass#1

kissmyass#1 Senior Member

damn devilush bet me because of my slow typing

8. GASFACEDJEW

GASFACEDJEW New Jack

WHITE GIRLS ARE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

9. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

we're doing wonderful.

10. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

marriage, what does marriage mean in our society anways? just a way to complicate lives. people so often get divorced these days that it seems almost pointless. if i was ever to get married it would be once, but i'm sure that's what everyone says though.

i don't really believe that people are meant to be with one person for the rest their lives. serial monogomy yes, but one person? now-a-days without the threat of religious repercussions what does marriage mean and why should people uphold their vows if there are no ramifications? morals? love? have those things ever been a deterrant before?

i think marriage should at be in place and upheld at least until the kids are raised. i don't know, but if two people love each other enough marriage shouldn't even be necessary, if u trust the person enough you shouldn't need a ring to bind you, love should carry you through. marriage now is just a way to make sure the other person gets half, or for other financial reasons. if u love each other enough telling the other person that you will be there forever would be sufficient if there is enough love and trust.

sorry i'm a bit skeptical about this, maybe it's just the point that i'm at. my parents are getting divorced this month, my friend is getting divorced now, i know people who just get married for their green cards it gets so ugly, a thing that should be beautiful. people just take it for granted like the word "love". i can tell you honestly i don't think i even know the true meaning of this word, i wish i did though.

*sigh*

11. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

one of us hasnt finished high school, the other is chasing the other across the world bumming around doing nothing but painting trains and drinking wine.
    somehow i dont feel im ready yet.

12. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

my parents are getting divorced too ubejinxed. but they arent influencing any of my ideas. they are my boundaries of what i shouldnt and will not be. but my whole idea of marriage is the common bonding of two people that mutually want to be with eachother. some people have the fucked up view of being married (the bigger the ring the better, spending so much to have this beautiful wedding), i think that is the common view of people who want to get married. they dont actually think about the future and whether or not they will get divored. no one really wants to think about that, hoping that they would never get to that point.
    kissmyass and i decided that we want to get married for the simple fact that we love eachother and want to share it with the people that we love in a ceremony that they will witness. witnessing a bond between two people that love eachother is the most beautiful thing. our relationship has everything. we dont want to nor think about the financial bonds that we have. in that case, we would be materialistic and looking at this as an individualistic perspective. thinking in that matter, will eventually lead to divorce..in my opinon. well that was the case with my parents. and that is what i have decided not to be. we arent meant to be with one person in our lives....but it is our choice to be.

13. RAGSOE

RAGSOE New Jack

I find myself in the same position.

14. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i just get so pissed when people take their vows for granted that's all. i just see such a misuse of it. i guess people don't forsee the future.

i just don't understand

i envy your fortune Devillush it seems like you two have such a trusting, playful and understanding relationship. i'm glad u can see past all the other things that confuse the real reason for marriage.

good luck and strength to you.

just one time.

15. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i know. when i heard about it...i didnt understand why they were getting divorced. all that they have preached to me, went down the drain. all about catholicism (i am not a catholic anymore but my parents practice it) and how marriage is till death do us part, went down the fucking drain. sure they have the problems, but what is the point of marriage then? it is a promise, it is vows to eachother till the end (or so that was what they taught me). i think that is why i am so upset about the whole divorce. i've always thought in a non realistic point of view that they love eachother and will be together for the rest of their lives. but now it's all gone to bull shit. that is why they are my role models of what not to be when i get to that point in my life.

we do have it good. i dont not mean to brag by all means, but...its the ideal relationship that everyone wants. for that i am lucky.

ube...thanks for the love.