Mario Puzo Appreciation Thread

Weapon X

Mario Puzo is the man. I just finished reading The Sicilian an hour ago. What an incredible story. For those who don’t know, The Sicilian is an offshoot of The Godfather. A lot of it takes place in the time that Michael Corleone was in Sicily hiding from his enemies in the states.

I’ve read three of his books so far; The Godfather, The Sicilian, and The Last Don. I plan on picking up Omerta in the next week or two from the library. I have read the Godfather about five times because of the easy reading quality of his writings. Man has a smooth flow, and knows exactly how to write a story.

Those who know, know. Those who don’t know, don’t sleep. Mario Puzo is the man.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Sweet. I never even heard of the book, Omerta, until my buddy told me a few days ago that he saw a copy in the library he works at. Yo, if you’ve never read The Sicilian, check it. Not only is Michael Corleone in it, but so is Peter Clemenza. But the story is not even about them. It’s pretty damn cool. I read it in record time because it was crazy glued to my hands, or so it seemed.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Sweet. I never even heard of the book, Omerta, until my buddy told me a few days ago that he saw a copy in the library he works at. Yo, if you?ve never read The Sicilian, check it. Not only is Michael Corleone in it, but so is Peter Clemenza. But the story is not even about them. It?s pretty damn cool. I read it in record time because it was crazy glued to my hands, or so it seemed.

sounds like I may have a reason to spend less time on 12oz. I am going to check it out.

Word up, ethreadz, check it. I promise you’ll enjoy it.

I just got word from my bud that he will lend me The Family. From what I understand, it’s about some dude’s rise to papacy. Machiavelli and others are in it, supposedly. I’ll get this out of the way before Omerta.

Speaking of fucked up rise to papacy, I read some of this book called Celebrated Crimes by Alexandre Dumas a few years ago. The first short story was messed up. It was about this Cardinal who practiced incest with his family and all sorts of other shit, and was declared Pope because of the bribery that goes into it. I’m gonna see if I can find that this summer/fall.

Archived