marilyn manson, tainted love cover

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

Anyone catch the video? money is up on some goth/baller type shit. not to mention ive never seen so many hot girls parading around in bikinis..mmmmm pasty white girls that are so depresed they perform outrageous sex acts to keep from killing themselves.........:crazy:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

hold the phones

ummm, don't confuse me as a fan of his work. im not felling him in the slightest. i realize my original post may have made it seem like i was - IM NOT! mainly this was about the hot girls..ok?

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by seeking innocence

you guys can hate, but dude has some decent songs. not that he's a great musician persse, but he has some decent stuff. tourneqet is bad ass. mechanical animals had some cool stuff as well.

oh god

you know i actually borrowed a marilyn manson cd so i could listen to it, and give it a chance before i jumped on the hating-bandwagon. you know what i found? it was seriously the WORST excuse for music i have EVER heard. i thought it was the most transparent excuse for a gimmick to sell. blah. i can't remember which one it was, but i listened beginging to end and felt even more disgusted and let down then when i began. BUT i did like the "beautiful people" song.

whatevs...

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

didnt see the book, but i would be interested. and based on hesh's comments, i wouldn't mind cathing the video either.

i will withdraw my "worst EVER" nomination, not because i reconsidered and it's not, but because i don't necessarily know if it is true. it's a hefty title "worst EVER", and i want to make sure the person who wears that crown is deserving and wears it well. but i know it's close. i just felt it was a deplorable excuse, and a paper thin attempt to market a gimmick, and i didn't even really feel it was music.

but then again i like n'sync, so what do i know?

like who you want....i think everyone knows that nine inch nails will always be the ruler of that particular genre....dont lie, you know you used to like them....

on a side note, tainted love is a great song....not because its cool to be retro but because its actually a great song...

My brother is a big fan, and I have to admit some of his shit is pretty good. I've been humming the intro to "The Nobodies" for days, now. He has his book too, and it's actually a really interesting read. Kinda explains a lot. He had a grandpa that would jack off to bestiality movies in the basement. Ewwwwww.......imagine walking in on that

But yeah, don't confuse me as a fan, either

i think everyone knows that nine inch nails will always be the ruler of that particular genre....dont lie, you know you used to like them.... -bH

...i think trent reznor is a fucking genius....he is musically superior to most and as far as poetics go, i think he should just print his lyrics in a book...that being said, and i think your refering to industrial genre, i would agree, although i could make an arguement for ministry....mind is terrible thing to taste....im not to deep on that genre though...r

i would hardly call marilyn manson 'industrial.' infact, i wouldnt even really call NIN industrial. ministry however, is fucking good. old ministry anyway. and i like NIN, i just dont think its exactly 'industrial' in the 'true' sense of the word... its like calling 'busta rhymes' underground ya know....

...woah bustas not underground! DAM! wooo-ahhhh....i thought i was all underground and shit....dam i guess im just hot 9-7 whore....seeks i hear ya, but the early pretty hate machine/ downward spiral and his style is certainly rooted in cold detatched industrial noises...ahh the sweet sounds of looping machines...r

pretty hate machine was a great album. by the time downward spiral came out, i wasn't really checking for him anymore... somewhere in the 4 years of pushed back release dates i just quit caring. i did get the fragile however, and i like it alot. i think its really slept on. i wish it wasnt so long, but i like it.... and you are right about him having his roots in industrial, im just waving the flag for the purists out there. :)

Pretty Hate Machine was released twice, once in 1988, when everyone I knew thought it was the best thing we'd heard in a while... and again in 1992 when the rest of the world caught on... 8 years later when downward spiral came out I was so tired of Trent and his antics...

Guest diggity

i havent seen it since i do not have cable. its kinda lame but what ever. who films his shit though? they are usually really dope. even though i hate his music.

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

oh god

you know i actually borrowed a marilyn manson cd so i could listen to it, and give it a chance before i jumped on the hating-bandwagon. you know what i found? it was seriously the WORST excuse for music i have EVER heard. i thought it was the most transparent excuse for a gimmick to sell. blah. i can't remember which one it was, but i listened beginging to end and felt even more disgusted and let down then when i began. BUT i did like the "beautiful people" song.

whatevs...

you obviously haven't heard kid rock's new song...........:rolleyes:

MM is all gimmick. Even I, a fan, can admit that. The music however is a different story. Some of it is pretty drab and can be equivilent to an ongoing, dragging movie. Then again, so are a lot of albums out there. Their earlier albums are a bit hard to handle but I like the heaviness of a few of the songs. The last album was all David Bowie... so if you like Bowie, you'll probably like it. It's a great album musically. Lyrically...

Image is everything. Hell... I'd look like an idiot if I knew Rose McGowen was checking me out.

Archived