Marijuana in Alaska

Hermdog

I'm new to this forum, so bear with me.

I was checking out poll decisions state-2-state, when I came across this ballot:

Alaska:

Would legalize the cultivation, use and sale of marijuana for persons 21 and older; the state and local government would regulate marijuana like alcohol and tobacco; doctors would be able to prescribe drugs to all patients, including children; public use laws could be enacted by the government as well as laws in the interest of public safety.

What would the ramifications be for other states if this is passed?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest diggity

i just posted something about this in seekings thread. its funny cause when you look at the other states, the other guys are trying to get medical use approved.

Originally posted by sg@Nov 2 2004, 06:24 PM

it'll probably happen in nevada before anywhere.

it was on our ballots last time around, and being this is a very conservative state, it did not pass. there was petitioning to get it on the pallot again this year, but not enough signtures where collected.

i dont think it will happen here

well you can legally posses up to 4 ounces in your own home in alaska, this guy i know is a lawyer up there he was telling me that allot of the criminal justice system is run by people who are very libreal and cool shit he used to smoke weed with me every day when he was a public defender no he is a prosocuter up there.

he's right key.. 30g's and under. I wouldn't say its legal, but its the equivolent as a parking ticket.

Montana got medicinal use legalized in this election.

And how the fuck is it possible that bush won Alaska? He's the one that wants to shred the forests and mountains and build pipelines and dig for oil.. i don't get it.

...there are places in the us where marijuana is decriminalized as well...you can smoke a blunt on the street and all you get hit with is a non-criminal ticket...distribution and cultivation is still criminal though...

...but yeah...the alaska meausre got stomped down...

here's news.... apparently it was legalized in Alaska in the 60's

but the locals got pissed at all the hippies showing up,

so they made it illegal again.

Archived