MARC ECKO WILL SEE THIS

JambaJuice

What do you think about Marc Ecko?  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yo I'm not claiming I know a lot about the guy, but from what I do know, I've come to realize that he's raping Hip Hop culture for what it is, and raping it for a profit. the video games, bullshit graffiti, all that crap, claiming to be Hip Hop but ironically doing it for a profit, rather than for what I understood it to originally stand for. Don't get me wrong, I understand we all gotta make a buck, but for christ's sake, at least dont use MY culture as a front for it. This fool never did graffiti AT ALL and claims to fucking tag air force one, which was a hoax. What a fucking joke. I dont know if you've heard the bullshit video he put out explaining it, but to me it's complete horse shit. I'm polling everyone on here, and PG, and other graff sites, and forwarding the results to his myspace 20 times a day until he realizes that hes a fucking phony and needs to stay the fuck away from Hip Hop all together. Post your thoughts, and your poll choice.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i don't know if anybody knows' date=' but on the official "Mark Ecko's Getting Up" website he has 12ozprophet.com as a link among the few graffiti websites linked here.[/quote']

hmmm, kind of makes ya stop and feel like a jerk for a seocnd or two doesn;t it?

whooooops!

I read a magazine review recently that said this - "Is it good? Yes. Is it fun? No."

I'm pissed off because I played the whole game not knowing that if you use triangle, you can do a piece in less than half the time. D'oh!

It's like when I played The Getaway and beat it, then finally realized that you can heal at anytime of the game. D'oh!

wouldnt that be fucked up if discussion of this type of thing got locked? or discussion in general, of any sort, on this website. it really does go against the logic of graffiti... to prevent us from saying something. im kind of going off on a tangent... something for a different area of 12oz, but ill just put the question out there in here anyways;

why do we have moderators on a graffiti forum? now, i dont have anything against the mods... i respect them about as much as i could respect anyone ive never met, this isnt a personal attack on them in anyway, its about the concept of regulation of public space [EDIT; or for that matter Private space as well] . isnt graffiti all about 'yo dunny fuck you im going to write where i want to write and say what i want to say' blah blah blah. are we not a community of people, who are here to discuss and celebrate an illegal activity that is suppose to be about saying fuck the laws and the government and the system? yet in this online space we have rules and guidelines to follow, and figures who are here to enforce them.

its just something ive always found ironic, personally.

someone at some point was going to do this, exploit graffiti like this, it was bound to happen. If you think that graffiti in some way represents (now truly represents) the hip hop culture, than you have not been writing for long enough. I have met a lot of people, i've met writers who paint 1,000 trains a year, and these people to me do not represent something hip hop to any degree. AT this point in time, i would argue that graffiti has become a craft among a select group of people, and a good percent of what you see is copy cat bullshit. The people who truly love this do not use something like music or any other type of label to define it. They do it for them, they do it because they just fucking do, and have done it for a while. This is the thing I feel that the outside perspective, and people like Mark Ecko do not understand, they see it as some bad ass thing, and its not. It's a hobby, I collect flix like baseball cards, it is something i cherish like i have always done with the things i enjoy since i was little. The hip hop train rolled away on this subculture a long time ago, obviously there will be some loose ends, but you could not have been doing this for a long time and not expected someone (Mark Ecko) to do a shitty thing to this culture.

i don't know if anybody knows' date=' but on the official "Mark Ecko's Getting Up" website he has 12ozprophet.com as a link among the few graffiti websites linked here.[/quote']

ain't that a bitch....now you're gonna have an influx of all these little kids with their bullshit ass posts and 12oz personas...:shakehead: :scrambled:

"I think 12oz prophet should have a harder process to get though to become a member and start browsing the board... Its only going to protect all of us and leave us out of the public eye..."

Fuck marc ecko he is a money hungry asshole who is going to destroy the mystique of our culture by opening it up to the masses via products that make you think your down when your wear them...