Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

mapping madness

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by misteraven, Feb 9, 2005.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

check this shit out... http://maps.google.com

search for your address and pan around. you can even click and drag the map. so freash. might have to pick up some shares of google after seeing this thing.

2. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

check out the 'local search' and put restaurants or something and your zip code... dope!

3. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

ADDED to my faves for sures... so long mapquest.

4. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

Satellite imaging on Mapquest was better...til they took it down..Anyone got a free satellite program/site/crack?

5. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

this is fresh. too bad you can't search canada though, although i was able to find all my american friends places.
    the way you can drag the map around makes it way better than yahoo maps or mapquest.

* edit. you can search canadian cities, my bad.

6. dojafx

dojafx Member

yeah, that is pretty hot
    good find.

7. Theodore Huxtable

Theodore Huxtable Banned

Yeah I didn't like it when they took it down. But right now globexplorer.com is the place you can use, which is the site mapquest used anyways. The downside is that there's the globexplorer watermark all over the maps, but you can get it removed if you subscribe. But it doesn't really bother me that much to pay for it.

8. Theodore Huxtable

Theodore Huxtable Banned

but yeah this is nice. so long yahoo maps. now if google would add satelite imaging, it would be all gravy.

9. LaCosaNostra

Oh dope, thanks man...I was using that garbage ass 7day trial of Keyhole...bah

10. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

I have maps for my county and the county next to me in the car, but this is neato. Bookmarked, for sure.

11. LaCosaNostra

YIPES! THOSE ARE SOME LARGE WATERMARKS!

ha haha.

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

stocks in google would be highly recommended at this point. wait until google puts the entire library of congress online...no, seriously, they are doing it.

13. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

My home street wasn't even on the map at the closest zoom..I'm pissed..

Mapquest keeps 1..

Edit** globexplorer.com is the shit..

14. source

source Junior Member

heres a good one, even better if you have a good video card.

mapper.ofdoom.com

15. IDrinkSprite

IDrinkSprite Senior Member

google is one step closer to taking over the world,good find.

just in case you havent found out
    http://video.google.com/