manicures, pedicures, facials?

wiseguy

I personally wouldnt ever go to get something like that done unless someone else paid for it, it just isnt my thing...

but i have a friend who loves that stuff, which is fine by me, he idolises patrick bateman from american psycho. he regularly gets manicures and pedicures, and has had facial masks and whatnot done before...

have any of you had it done before? do you think that it is worth it? whatever...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the 'problem' with guys doing this shit, is that they only do it to try and impress someone, be it their other metrosexual friends or some girl. no straight guy has ever gotten a pedicure simply because he felt like 'treating himself to something special'. it doesnt happen. guys buy imported beer or a tv when they want to 'pamper' themselves.

manicures are a little different. black guys have been getting them forever. my grandma used to give me and my sister manicures when we were little, and no joke, i miss that shit. it feels good. actually, the cuticle shit hurts, but the hand massage is awesome. i've talked about about going to get one for years, but when it comes down to it, i'd rather buy paint.

whatever.

Originally posted by seeking@Nov 23 2004, 03:45 PM

no straight guy has ever gotten a pedicure simply because he felt like 'treating himself to something special'. it doesnt happen. guys buy imported beer or a tv when they want to 'pamper' themselves.

amen brother. pay someone to do what i can with a good pair of fiskars for free? no.

i had a pedicure once. i lost an airhockey bet with my girlfriend and the bet was i had to get a pedicure. i think she is grossed out by my feet because they always stink, i have a black toenail, and i cut them every few months.

other than the foot massage, the whole thing sucked and was a waste of time and money. plus my feet itched like hell for a few hours afterwards.

its a hell of a lot easier to keep up with good hygeine when you can get someone else to do it for you. when i was in the philippines i got a manicure and pedicure once a week. it cost $1 and a pack of smokes as a tip for a total of $2. So did all the men that were in the house.

i also rocked one hour massages while i was chilling by the pool and telling the maid to get me another beer.