man, skateboarding is fruity

patrickjilbert

http://www.datasci.com/careers/IMAGES/SCOOTER.JPG'>

more mature, straight men prefer the relaxing ride of a scooter (not to be confused with scooter the bunk bed kitty shown below). it's got a smooth ride second to none. you can't find that on a skateboard. and who needs flip tricks? i can do a tailwhip that will knock my fax machine straight out of my cibicle. HUH ha!

http://www.squarewheels.com/graphics/pictures/scooter.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I hate how skating has little groups now and big ass space shoes. Hiphop skaters and hesh skaters and all that shit. How lame ass. Chalk one up to the media machine. I guess it sells. I don't know any skaters that can afford $80 skate shoes.

dude u think scaters are fags well ok i do agree more than 50% are but there are ppl like mike valley who will fukin kick ur ass if saw this dude

to prove this dude i duno if u can find it on morpheus but search for a part from cky3 where mike valley just explodes on four fags who call him a skatin fag or just dl cky3

Originally posted by patrickjilbert

the muska's a tool like half of the skateboarding population

i gotta go with the jilbert on this one. the term 'sellout' gets thrown around a lot now adays, but for christs' sake, when you set a record for creating the most expensive skateboard shoes, you start to wonder... I hate any and all Muska shoes, they're 100+ dollars, and just suck. Most 'skateboarding' shoes arent even for skateboarding, you do one kickflip and thats all it takes. Vans old school is where its at, to hell with 80 dollars on shoes im gonna wreck.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I wish skating wasn't so popular. I can't afford to buy shoes anymore. I remember thinking $60 for a pair of sneakers was over my limit. It's such a farce now, with all this advertising geared towards little kids and Shorty's and shit. It makes me wonder if people skate to just have fun, or if it's all an image now. I remember when being a skater was a bad hing in high school. Skaters are like super popular now. You can get chick by skating and wearing the latest gear. It's so lame.

WHEW! I thought Beardo had tried to 'touch' you at Love park...

on the subject of $60 skate shoes... for the first 3 years I skated that was my yearly budget, 3 pairs of Converse Chucks that I skated until there was LITERALLY no sole. I still have a couple of those pairs in my closet just to remind me. Now, I got to Marshall's or Ross and buy (usually) Airwalks or Simples, whatever's about $20...

i also wish skating wasnt so popular .......part of the fun was skating around and pissing ppl off , and just having fun ......now i agree its more about image , i used to know ppl that wore the gear , bought the lastest kicks , yet had never owned or even ridden a board.........it kinda like when you see ppl with the lastest jordans , the wristbands on and all , but you can tel they couldnt play ball worth shit.........they just look foolish

im not saying that ppl cant wear whatever they want .........i just think the whole popularity and media-ilization of graff , hiphop , skating , breaking whatever takes away some of its appeal ...........

well back in the day it was punk that was all trendy and played out, and people got more into hiphop cuz it was soemthing different that was fun. i dont know how trendy or played out hiphop is now with kids but once you get older you'll notice people who really love something will stick with it and thats what counts. and dont be so coserned with what others do. dont buy the shoes if you dont like them.

fuck all these skateboard companies......80 dollars for shoes...fuck that....I used to go to the Rack and hook up some Reeboks or Addidas(for like,20 bucks) to skate in-after all if you think about it,the same people making shoes to skate in are "biting" all of the old styles that were already done....I don't like how they look like "moonboots" either.The image of skateboarding these days is garbage,like someone said earlier.....kids that are rocking spiked belts and tight jeans trying to idolize Jim Greco are not doing anything different than when everyone went and got wallet chains and cut-off army shorts to idolize Matt Hensley....people try to imitate something thinking they are going against the grain and end up being clones....shit is funny.I skated for over 12 years and have seen all the "trends" come and go....it is just funny to think about it.

The difference I see is that Matt Hensley fucking ruled at skating. He was the best skater at the time. I can't remember seeing a picture of Jim Greco skating. i can recall hundreds of ads where he's standing there looking punk rock. Maybe that has something to do with skate mags being 90% ads.....

Archived